Is it possible to get a thanks button on here?

Facekicker

Guest RonMexico82

Would imagine it would go one of two ways.

Either be abused by people saying thanks to everything like the "Like" button on facebook.

Or it wouldnt get used atall.

Shall see though

There are plenty of posts that deserve a thanks, particularly funny or thoughtful posts. There are far more posts on the forum that don't require a thanks though.

Would imagine it would go one of two ways.

Either be abused by people saying thanks to everything like the "Like" button on facebook.

Or it wouldnt get used atall.

Shall see though

There are plenty of posts that deserve a thanks, particularly funny or thoughtful posts. There are far more posts on the forum that don't require a thanks though.

Oh I totally agree with that there. It would be a welcome addition just would like to see how it lasts in the long run.

Sorry, but I don't think it would be appropriate for this forum.

A forum is for discussion and debate. If you like a post, then make a post expressing how and why you like it. But just making a "thank you" post would defeat the whole purpose of a forum.

And especially on this forum - I could see this being used pointlessly after virtually every post - similar to the facepalm smiley, which we deleted.

Guest RonMexico82

Sorry, but I don't think it would be appropriate for this forum.

A forum is for discussion and debate. If you like a post, then make a post expressing how and why you like it. But just making a "thank you" post would defeat the whole purpose of a forum.

And especially on this forum - I could see this being used pointlessly after virtually every post - similar to the facepalm smiley, which we deleted.

I disagree. Maybe I am wrong here but I think you have a different idea to what I am actually talking about. Thanks in no way defeats the purpose of a forum. The other forum that I use is far far bigger tham mygnrforum so clearly it has not had any bad effect there. Also it is a discussion forum too, not a download forum or anything like that.

Here is a GNR thread on there where the "thanks" button has been used.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055767661

Anyway hope that makes it clear what I am on about. Oh and admin I intend to renew my supporter status but I am broke :( Nice plug though. :P