Killing in the name of - Xmas UK #1

Appetite4Democracy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine :) It's not about the money, it's about not letting the xfactor get the xmas no. 1 every year.

X factor contestants are so irritating, if they want to be successful then they should leave their bedrooms, go and sing in clubs and work hard.

....and write some fucking decent songs.

I've never met one person in my life who could honestly say they were big fans of the x-factor winners, or bought their singles for that matter. I want to know which fuckheads are responsible for pushing all the x-factor nonsense to the top every year, it's not like the songs are any good or anything!

At first I laughed and didn't think much of it but now I support the campaign fully! I remember being pretty smitten when Gary Jules Mad World was on top, one year.

I've never met one person in my life who could honestly say they were big fans of the x-factor winners, or bought their singles for that matter. I want to know which fuckheads are responsible for pushing all the x-factor nonsense to the top every year, it's not like the songs are any good or anything!

At first I laughed and didn't think much of it but now I support the campaign fully! I remember being pretty smitten when Gary Jules Mad World was on top, one year.

Leona Lewis is the only one worth anything. The rest of them will be back to their day jobs within two/three years of winning.

The Sun article Includes video, X-factor winner expresses his disappointment in the Facebook campaign and his distaste for Rage

Why the f*ck is every single winner gay?! I don't even know for sure but watching him there seemed obvious to me. Fucking England. His song is some cheesy melodramatic ballad like every freakin' year, too.

MoonWalker - getting pumped!!

I do feel slightly bad for Joe, he's caught up in the middle of all this. Although in his interview he sort'a pissed me off, saying it doesn't deserve to be number one, and that he should have it because he won the X Factor. You won a £1million pound record deal, that's cool. You did not win a Christmas #1.

I do feel slightly bad for Joe, he's caught up in the middle of all this. Although in his interview he sort'a pissed me off, saying it doesn't deserve to be number one, and that he should have it because he won the X Factor. You won a £1million pound record deal, that's cool. You did not win a Christmas #1.

I felt bad for him too, because he's a good singer, but he went and did this:

14uc1o9.jpg

...and said the song was dreadful, so he can go fuck himself now.

It feels like he's becoming the media's bitch. He's saying exactly what they want him to say, which is a shame. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he said something like "Well I don't like it, but if people are buying it then that's cool."

Edited by Conor

I admit, I watch the X Factor, and there have been quite a few genuinely talented people on there, who just happen to get caught up in the media storm. Joe is no different. He's a good singer, likeable, funny kid, who just happens to have won the wrong series.

Saying that, I've bought RATM 3 times this week.

I admit, I watch the X Factor, and there have been quite a few genuinely talented people on there, who just happen to get caught up in the media storm. Joe is no different. He's a good singer, likeable, funny kid, who just happens to have won the wrong series.

Lucie Jones <3

Lucie Jones <3

Indeed!

Her, Leona, Laura White, Diana Vickers, Alexandra, JLS, Journey South, perfect examples of acts with lots of talent that have been on the X factor, with varying levels of success and longevity.

*hides*

Her, Leona, Laura White, Diana Vickers, Alexandra, JLS, Journey South, perfect examples of acts with lots of talent that have been on the X factor, with varying levels of success and longevity.

All utter crap, along with this years Joe Whatever.

Why are people so willing to accept such mediocre television which produces such mediocre, quickly-forgotten 'stars'...? X Factor and other 'talent' contests are just easy, low-cost, short-cut solutions to the problem of filling airtime on a Saturday night. I wish they would come up with some quality original programming and free us from this nightmare of talent shows and 'reality' TV.

What's worse is that the (mostly) good-natured people that take part in these shows are being metaphorically whored-out and raped in front of our eyes every week simply to 'shift units', just to make some rich people like that parasite Simon Cowell ever richer.

However this 'Killing in the Name' campaign has been almost as nauseating... RATM and X Factor are both part of the same hypocrisy. So, who will get the Xmas number 1 - those 'anti-capitalist' millionaires or that talent show puppet...? What a choice! Aren't we lucky!

I'm actually embarrased that I live in this era. I wish I was young in the 60s...

All utter crap, along with this years Joe Whatever.

Why are people so willing to accept such mediocre television which produces such mediocre, quickly-forgotten 'stars'...? X Factor and other 'talent' contests are just easy, low-cost, short-cut solutions to the problem of filling airtime on a Saturday night. I wish they would come up with some quality original programming and free us from this nightmare of talent shows and 'reality' TV.

What's worse is that the (mostly) good-natured people that take part in these shows are being metaphorically whored-out and raped in front of our eyes every week simply to 'shift units', just to make some rich people like that parasite Simon Cowell ever richer.

However this 'Killing in the Name' campaign has been almost as nauseating... RATM and X Factor are both part of the same hypocrisy. So, who will get the Xmas number 1 - those 'anti-capitalist' millionaires or that talent show puppet...? What a choice! Aren't we lucky!

I'm actually embarrased that I live in this era. I wish I was young in the 60s...

So what if Rage have made a living out of their anti-capitalist music? They've stayed true to their beliefs, attended multiple protests and are donating the money they earn from this to Shelter. I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle.

In simplest terms, its a hand picked artist singing a hand picked song that they didn't write (a very uninspired choice at that) against something far more interesting.

Listening to Radio one, now. They've just played it. Kick-ass. it's over now.

Tremendous amount raised for Shelter. Tremendous resurgence of fighting spirit in UK music scene. Sleep well, comrades, and we shall see!!

-Tom Morello twitter

Morellos cool and that, great guitarist and sound guy but why does he have to talk "comrades" and "fighting spirit".. he needs to figure out he's a musician not a fuckin soldier. Makes me cringe at times.