Most Anticipated Albums of 2010?

EccoTides

New decade, how bout some new bands?

What was wrong with the last one? There were plenty great bands.

Never said there weren't. Just hoping we get some fresh faces. Most of the bands mentioned in this thread are old i.e. STP, Rolling Stones, Slash, Guns N' Roses, etc.

I'd be jazzed if some brand new acts came along that kicked ass.

I loved Radiohead in the 00s, but not too excited to hear new stuff from them, would rather move forward.

See what you mean now, I'm looking forward to some new talent as well. Hopefully some sort of movement or something, like britpop in the 90s, madchester in the late 80s, punk... I think music needs something like that right now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh so far looking forward to new albums from Vampire Weekend, HIM, The Strokes, Slash & Friends, whatever Buckethead puts out, Stone Temple Pilots, The Killers, Radiohead, The Gaslight Anthem, Liam Finn, Arcade Fire and a lot more I can't think of right now. :/

Oh yeah, and Nine Inch Nails and whatever Trent's other ongoing projects are are sure to be pretty amazing, so those too.

Forgot about new HIM. I like their old stuff (Deep Shadows/Love Metal) but I'm not too excited for this one. First single & live videos aren't too promising. I'll still get it though.

Yeah, it does sound a little... hmm, like they've gone too far towards their poppier side I guess, the songs don't seem to have that same depth and variety you found on Love Metal and the albums prior to that. Still, will pick it up and might go see them live again when they come around.

Edited by KetchupNotMayo

Never said there weren't. Just hoping we get some fresh faces. Most of the bands mentioned in this thread are old i.e. STP, Rolling Stones, Slash, Guns N' Roses, etc.

I'd be jazzed if some brand new acts came along that kicked ass.

I loved Radiohead in the 00s, but not too excited to hear new stuff from them, would rather move forward.

See what you mean now, I'm looking forward to some new talent as well. Hopefully some sort of movement or something, like britpop in the 90s, madchester in the late 80s, punk... I think music needs something like that right now.

I'm craving for that. I'm sick of all these conformist Indie bands (eventhough some made a good record at some point). I really want something a little bit more offensive this time around... RnR needs to yell FUCK YOU again without being cheap...

Edited by LysanderSky

Kasabian, The Hold Steady, Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes, Biffy Clyro, Drive-By Truckers, The Gaslight Anthem, The Raconteurs, Down, Them Crooked Vultures, Lamb Of God, The Dead Weather, Velvet Revolver, Kings Of Leon, Glasvegas, Marina & The Diamonds, Pendulum, Muse, Mastadon, The Killers, Lady Gaga, Twisted Wheel, Lily Allen, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Wolfmother, The Strokes, Reverend & The Makers, David Holmes, Fu Manchu, Boris, Stereophonics, The Libertines, The Enemy, Eminem, Babyshambles, The Answer, Opeth, The Sword, Snow Patrol, The Parlor Mob, The Zico Chain, Year Long Disaster, MGMT, The Last Shadow Puppets, Jay-Z, Joe Bonamassa, Fleet Foxes, Coldplay, Amorphous Androgynous, Pink Martini, Black Stone Cherry, Dirty Pretty Things, Eagles Of Death Metal, Jet, The Angels, The Fray, Avenged Sevenfold, KT Tunstall, Ryan Adams, Loaded, The Darkness, Gallows and probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

didn't bother reading through everything on that huge list, but I did see Jay-Z & he's not from the 2000s....started in the 80s. And now I see Ryan Adams, isn't he 90s?

I will agree with Fleet Foxes, and I'll add Grizzly Bear & Bon Iver.

Kasabian, The Hold Steady, Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes, Biffy Clyro, Drive-By Truckers, The Gaslight Anthem, The Raconteurs, Down, Them Crooked Vultures, Lamb Of God, The Dead Weather, Velvet Revolver, Kings Of Leon, Glasvegas, Marina & The Diamonds, Pendulum, Muse, Mastadon, The Killers, Lady Gaga, Twisted Wheel, Lily Allen, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Wolfmother, The Strokes, Reverend & The Makers, David Holmes, Fu Manchu, Boris, Stereophonics, The Libertines, The Enemy, Eminem, Babyshambles, The Answer, Opeth, The Sword, Snow Patrol, The Parlor Mob, The Zico Chain, Year Long Disaster, MGMT, The Last Shadow Puppets, Jay-Z, Joe Bonamassa, Fleet Foxes, Coldplay, Amorphous Androgynous, Pink Martini, Black Stone Cherry, Dirty Pretty Things, Eagles Of Death Metal, Jet, The Angels, The Fray, Avenged Sevenfold, KT Tunstall, Ryan Adams, Loaded, The Darkness, Gallows and probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

didn't bother reading through everything on that huge list, but I did see Jay-Z & he's not from the 2000s....started in the 80s. And now I see Ryan Adams, isn't he 90s?

I will agree with Fleet Foxes, and I'll add Grizzly Bear & Bon Iver.

Ryan Adams debut solo album was out in 2000.

lol Jay-Z is not an 80's artist. Reasonable Doubt was released in 96... The Blueprint is one of the best albums from the last decade so it's very easy to put him on a best of the noughties list.

As for Ryan Adams, Whiskeytown were a 90's band but all of his solo stuff has been released in the last decade.

• 3 weeks later...

lol Jay-Z is not an 80's artist. Reasonable Doubt was released in 96... The Blueprint is one of the best albums from the last decade so it's very easy to put him on a best of the noughties list.

As for Ryan Adams, Whiskeytown were a 90's band but all of his solo stuff has been released in the last decade.

I'm not a Jay-Z fan, don't follow him at all, but i actually meant to say 90s, that was a typo.

• 3 weeks later...

Falcon - The Courteeners and The Family Jewels - Marina & The Diamonds came out yesterday. Both are absolute class mostly, only sad because it looks like both bands are set to be massive, so I won't see them in any more small venues.

I'll have to give these a listen.

Give a listen to Sycophant by The Courteeners and Mowgli's Road by Marina & The Diamonds. Not everyones cup of tea but I'm a fan.