Izzy Stradlin

Nick85

Was rereading Axl's interview with Del today from earlier this year and this quote in particular got me curious regarding Izzy's appearances during the last tour...

"He (Izzy) called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time."

Prior to reading that, I was under the impression that Izzy was the band's guest during the 06 tour, and that there were no "business" aspects going on behind the scenes. It sounds to me as though Axl is saying that Izzy was a paid part of the tour.

Could this mean that Izzy was trying to get back in Guns N' Roses, or did he just want to do exactly what he did, come out and do 5 or 6 songs with the band and leave whenever he felt like it?

Either way, it's interesting.

Edited by sofine11

Izzy has been set for life since AFD hit but I am sure he still would want to be paid for playing especially since he doesn't do that many shows. I am excited to hear that Down By The River or whatever the Izzy song was that Axl mentioned in his chats. Now I wonder if they collaborated on that song or if it was a finished Izzy song that Axl/GNR recorded. That Downliner guy should ask Izzy about it and report back to us.

I could be wrong, but I think I recall reading something about how Izzy did some recording with the new band sometime in mid to late 06 after the Euro tour. I swear I heard that somewhere. And the song you're thinking of is Down By The Ocean, and it would be cool if Izzy was actually on it!

Maybe management thought the 2002 tour flopped that Old Members would be a selling point

I'm not sure how many people bought tickets just because they thought Izzy might be there. I'm sure there's a few but I wouldn't exactly call it a selling point. The only people who knew would've been us, and you'd assume that anyone who was going would've bought their tickets already.

Izzy has been set for life since AFD hit but I am sure he still would want to be paid for playing especially since he doesn't do that many shows. I am excited to hear that Down By The River or whatever the Izzy song was that Axl mentioned in his chats. Now I wonder if they collaborated on that song or if it was a finished Izzy song that Axl/GNR recorded. That Downliner guy should ask Izzy about it and report back to us.

- from Izzy's latest (or the one before that one?) album where the song is titled 'Box'.

guessing it's the same song only an acoustic Izzy-version of it

Was rereading Axl's interview with Del today from earlier this year and this quote in particular got me curious regarding Izzy's appearances during the last tour...

"He (Izzy) called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time."

Prior to reading that, I was under the impression that Izzy was the band's guest during the 06 tour, and that there were no "business" aspects going on behind the scenes. It sounds to me as though Axl is saying that Izzy was a paid part of the tour.

Could this mean that Izzy was trying to get back in Guns N' Roses, or did he just want to do exactly what he did, come out and do 5 or 6 songs with the band and leave whenever he felt like it?

Either way, it's interesting.

he loves axl but it doesn't mean he gotta gets paid by Mr Rose again just to support problems while touring :drevil:

- from Izzy's latest (or the one before that one?) album where the song is titled 'Box'.

guessing it's the same song only an acoustic Izzy-version of it

Oh my God what a beautiful song, now there's no question who was the master mind behind the music in GNR (Besides Axl)...