all this whining about intros/jams/solos

hopkins

There are always going to be people who want to see the bad in things.. I don't have anything against criticism but sometimes it's a bit too much ..

People have generally been very positive about the band since the tour started, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Clearly you haven't been on this forum for very long or you would know this.

Our forum has always encouraged freedom of speech, and we've had pretty good discussions, where people expressed the things they like and the stuff they think can be improved. In some cases, the critics have expressed suggestions that GNR has adopted. So, clearly the band wants to hear what fans really think and how the show can be improved.

So jumping all over people who offer an opinion you personally don't like isn't cool and isn't permitted.

The day this forum turns into a place where members walk on eggshells afraid to express their views is the day this forum will die.

Oh, and should I even mention the "Axl is fat" debate?

That's not what this thread is about.

This is a legitimate discussion about the solos.

I'm all about freedom of expression. I'm NOT about relentless negativity.

Obviously all of those topics I mentioned were examples, I didn't think any of those things were what this singular thread was directed towards.

In regards to how long I've been around... well, that's right under my name, right? :)

Think of it in different terms... like football. I'm a massive NY Giants fan. I don't like everything about them but my opinion is always overall positive. I wouldn't go into a Giants forum and bitch about them constantly. It's generally expected that the people who visit a site or forum for a specific group or individual are FANS of that group or individual. Following up on my metaphor - to me the haters on this forum (at times, not always) are the equivalent of someone going to the Giants board right after they win the Super Bowl and saying they need to improve, the Cowboys are better, Eli Manning will never be Phil Simms, etc. etc. etc.

Basically, it's party pooping. Nobody benefits from that...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sayin' you don't have that right, not even disagreeing with you. I'm just saying it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. You'll never win.

Nah, to me it isn't about winning anyway. Just a debate. It irks me though, at times, that we have what really seems to be an incredible tour going on and it just doesn't seem to be good enough for a lot of 'fans.'

There are always going to be people who want to see the bad in things.. I don't have anything against criticism but sometimes it's a bit too much ..

Well, our forum members have their own minds and opinions, and we encourage them to express those views.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to blindly agree with everything the band does and says. It's ok to express frustration or offer constructive criticism and still be a fan. And this format and philosophy have made us the biggest and most active GNR forum on the Net.

Make no mistake - we're all fans of the band here. If we weren't diehard fans, we wouldn't be coming here day after day, week after week, and year after year. We have loyal members who have been coming here for many years because they like to hear differing points of views.

If you have trouble reading other points of view, then perhaps this isn't the best forum for you. There are other forums where everybody always agrees because negative views are not permitted, and perhaps you should check out those sites. :)

I hear ya, I'm just sayin it's not worth your time. If you don't have censorship there will always be negativity. And who wants censorship?

Since you brought up a sports example.... I only read 2 forums, mygnr and a UNC one... of all years last year was the most negative there. When you're good people just wanna find ways you can be better. Never will there be a time all is happy.

Well, our forum members have their own minds and opinions, and we encourage them to express those views.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to blindly agree with everything the band does and says. It's ok to express frustration or offer constructive criticism and still be a fan. And this format and philosophy have made us the biggest and most active GNR forum on the Net.

Make no mistake - we're all fans of the band here. If we weren't diehard fans, we wouldn't be coming here day after day, week after week, and year after year. We have loyal members who have been coming here for many years because they like to hear differing points of views.

If you have trouble reading other points of view, then perhaps this isn't the best forum for you. There are other forums where everybody always agrees because negative views are not permitted, and perhaps you should check out those sites. :)

MADIS-OWNED!

For the record,all a few people wanted was for people to stop labeling the solos/jams/intros as actual songs in the setlist threads.

Well, they are part of the set list and part of the show