Europe tour thread

Tom1447

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this is probably true I always have to question anything 'official' when it concerns Guns N' Roses.

Good point :tongue2:

I really hope they do announce arena dates. Three dates in Manchester would be heaven. :ph34r:

I'd be happy with one date in Manchester or Sheffield. :(

No UK arena dates this year according to official forums announcement:

Although this is probably true I always have to question anything 'official' when it concerns Guns N' Roses.

I am now feeling very nervous :(

I really don't have £70-80 to go to one day in Reading. Plus the travel costs etc and we'd be talking about £100-120!

BOOK SOME FUCKING ARENA DATES YOU UTTER CUNTS

GUNS N’ ROSES TO HEADLINE

Sunday 29th August at The Leeds Festival

When Axl Rose strides on stage to headline the Reading and Leeds Festivals this August he is introducing one of the most outstanding, successful and controversial rock bands we have seen in the last 25 years. An acclaimed and thrilling live act, GUNS N’ ROSES’ countless hits have become soundtracks for music fans all over the world. The band played a spectacular show at Leeds Festival in 2002 and this is incredibly their first ever appearance at Reading. Their latest album ‘Chinese Democracy’ was number one in 13 countries and has received countless awards all over the world. This is their only UK appearance this year.

http://forums.leedsfestival.com/m1269024.aspx

:no::o:( Getting worried

Odds of them bothering to do Arena dates in Dublin if they don't do any in the UK are slim

Edited by axl_on_drums

I really don't think Guns will pass up a UK tour, they sold extremely well last time around and would surely make a big profit if the South American leg is anything to go by. Hold out for 2011 guys.

Oh fuck no. I ain't playing this game again. Chinese Democracy starts 2003...2004...2005...2006...2007...

They better fucking come here this summer and playing an arena in London (preferably two of them) or there will be hell to pay <_<

When Axl Rose strides on stage to headline the Reading and Leeds Festivals this August he is introducing one of the most outstanding, successful and controversial rock bands we have seen in the last 25 years. An acclaimed and thrilling live act, GUNS N’ ROSES’ countless hits have become soundtracks for music fans all over the world. The band played a spectacular show at Leeds Festival in 2002 and this is incredibly their first ever appearance at Reading. Their latest album ‘Chinese Democracy’ was number one in 13 countries and has received countless awards all over the world. This is their only UK appearance this year.

Odds of them bothering to do Arena dates in Dublin if they don't do any in the UK are slim

They said the exact same thing in 2006 before the Download festival. They say this to get people to buy tickets to see them at the festival. They will announce a UK tour within a few weeks.

They said the exact same thing in 2006 before the Download festival. They say this to get people to buy tickets to see them at the festival. They will announce a UK tour within a few weeks.

True. I was just thinking- Guns haven't announced any other UK dates yet so as far as Reading/Leeds are concerned this is the only place to see them. However, this will hopefully change in a few weeks. If we haven't heard anything by the end of April though i'll be very worried.

True. I was just thinking- Guns haven't announced any other UK dates yet so as far as Reading/Leeds are concerned this is the only place to see them. However, this will hopefully change in a few weeks. If we haven't heard anything by the end of April though i'll be very worried.

Surely they wouldn't come all this way for 2 gigs? I hope not.

Rock giants Guns N'Roses, Arcade Fire and Blink 182 will be the headliners for this year's Leeds and Reading Festivals.

And cult favourites The Libertines also confirmed they would play the twin-show event after finally burying their differences.

The show by G N'R will be the first ever appearance at Reading, although the group - fronted by Axl Rose - did play Leeds in 2002.

The shows, lined up for the August Bank Holiday weekend, will be the band's only UK festival appearances of the year.

Although Rose has continued to perform with a varying line-up, he had not released an album for more than a decade until last year's long-heralded return Chinese Democracy.

It is the Libertines reunion which will probably be more keenly anticipated by many festival-goers, as frontmen Pete Doherty and Carl Barat agreed to perform together once more.

The quartet fell apart in 2004 when Barat fell out with his joint frontman because of Doherty's wayward behaviour as he battled with drug problems.

The Libertines continue to have a fascination for fans and their 2002 debut album, Up The Bracket, was named the best British album of the past decade in a survey of musicians and music industry bigwigs by music magazine NME.

Arcade Fire have not played the UK since 2007 when they toured acclaimed second album Neon Bible. Their shows at Leeds and Reading will be their only festival slots over here.

Punk trio Blink 182, whose hits include All The Small Things, reformed last year and these will be the first UK dates since then.

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

relax guys they mean its gnr only uk festival appearances !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they have an agreement that when the festival sells out (it usually does instantly) then they will announce some of their own dates. Not really wanting to pay 70-80 bucks for the show, esp with some dross that id need to put up with beforehand.

But at least they're touring.

Edited by Calcy

5th June: Finland

12th June: Sweden

Over a two months inbetween.

27th August: Reading

29th: Leeds.

There aren't enough festivals in Europe to fill in that gap between June the 12th and August the 27th, that to me implies they will be doing their own dates.

Edited by plonker88

blink 182 announced date in the o2 in Dublin for august 31 maybe guns will do the same.