usa tour? 100% rumor/no inside info or BS

sandycat

I was out with a c0-worker last night and he was talking about his wedding. He doenst know gnr is my favorite band, so he has no reason to lie to me. He is planning a wedding in sept at a hockey arena (newer venue), another co-worker asked what was the date of his wedding. I heard him say that he did not have one yet because the date in sept he wanted this place was having a concert that night. And as of today, it was either Bruce Springstein, Bon Jovi, OR Guns? I interuppted and asked him again, THEY SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED GUNS? he said yea? Again, this is not inside info, i dont have a friend of a cousin in the business, this is just what the planner at this venue told him. I guess we will see in sept. Timing seems correct though.

I was out with a c0-worker last night and he was talking about his wedding. He doenst know gnr is my favorite band, so he has no reason to lie to me. He is planning a wedding in sept at a hockey arena (newer venue), another co-worker asked what was the date of his wedding. I heard him say that he did not have one yet because the date in sept he wanted this place was having a concert that night. And as of today, it was either Bruce Springstein, Bon Jovi, OR Guns? I interuppted and asked him again, THEY SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED GUNS? he said yea? Again, this is not inside info, i dont have a friend of a cousin in the business, this is just what the planner at this venue told him. I guess we will see in sept. Timing seems correct though.

It wouldn't be Springsteen, he's put the E Street Band on hold and hasn't discussed anything he's been working on. Over the past few years his tour manager/cousin ODd , Clarence Clemons needed surgery, and he lost his keyboard guy after 40 years working with him.

Odds are the managers and local promoters are calling different venues and seeing what's going on, and someone overheard someone... and so on. The only time you hear about anything being done in secret are rehearsals in an arena (or a soundstage/airplane hangar)... the Rolling Stones, U2, Michael Jackson,and Van Halen rented out different arenas and were able to keep it under wraps from the public somehow. By the time they finish rehearsals or getting close to it, fans are just starting to hear about it.

Whether there's anything to this or not, there'll be a US tour... Seems here in the US, Axl's image is more tarnished than other places, so it makes sense that they're touring all these other places first, as more shows go off without a hitch and no Axl-related incidents occur, the more successful their US leg will be.

Whether there's anything to this or not, there'll be a US tour... Seems here in the US, Axl's image is more tarnished than other places, so it makes sense that they're touring all these other places first, as more shows go off without a hitch and no Axl-related incidents occur, the more successful their US leg will be.

The only thing I see GNR's image being tarnished is if they cancel shows.

Yep, that's a big one!

dude you're totally right.

If/when a US tour happens, Axl better get his shit together and start and finish the whole tour. Maybe then we US fans will have faith in Axl again. He has to earn our trust again. Axl's got the talent and this new GNR sounds great, so I think it's about time for them to do a full US tour so we can see what the rest of the world is seeing and hearing.

True, plus it seems Axl has been going on at a decent hour. If he can go on stage before 10pm in the US, they should be good

Yup. I really hope that doesn't happen, but if it does...I hope they have their reasons. :thumbsup:

Yep, that's a big one!

I think if 1. They show up on time, i know its GNR, so i personally dont care if they are a hour late, but US fans do.

2. They dont cancel any shows.

3. They play like they've been playing

then the US tour will go without a hitch, if one happens.

Nah, its tarnished and will never regain its form. The 15 years between records and spotty shows since '01 have pretty much made Axl a niche act.

What city is this hockey arena in?

If i answer that, all thats going to happen is 1000000000000 calls asking the same question. i will give you a hint. its a city that loves hockey and football and are very good at both. They have one of the best rivals (at least they used too) in football. Seems like gnr always play in the other city, not here.

If i answer that, all thats going to happen is 1000000000000 calls asking the same question. i will give you a hint. its a city that loves hockey and football and are very good at both. They have one of the best rivals (at least they used too) in football. Seems like gnr always play in the other city, not here.

Do we get to guess? Is it Pittsburgh? What do you mean by

They have one of the best rivals (at least they used too) in football.
??

??

must have made that to easy. good job

??

must have made that to easy. good job

Quick cross-reference of the NHL and NFL standings and there's not too many cities where both teams are very good.. Would've guessed Chicago but I think GN'R has been there plenty... Would've hoped St. Louis, but we're not very good at either :)

Figured you were talking about Pittsburgh, can't wait for the new arena! Now I've never heard anything about GNR opening it, we can only hope they do, but i have heard the Bon Jovi one. As a matter of fact I think it might have been Mark Madden(local radio host) as early as last summer who talked about this. So maybe there's some truth to this, who knows though...

BTW, we love our baseball team too, kinda! :)

Figured you were talking about Pittsburgh, can't wait for the new arena! Now I've never heard anything about GNR opening it, we can only hope they do, but i have heard the Bon Jovi one. As a matter of fact I think it might have been Mark Madden(local radio host) as early as last summer who talked about this. So maybe there's some truth to this, who knows though...

GNR should do a SkyBlast game.

GNR should do a SkyBlast game.

I was pretty surprised to see they have George Thorogood and Steve Miller performing this year. Especially Miller, people love him in the Burgh, it will bring out a crowd for sure. Nothing like fireworks and rock and roll!

Edited by WHENEVER