Estranged,best song ever?

kleber

I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERY ROCK FAN WHEN I SAY BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY ABSOLUTELY BLOWS. ITS ONE STEP ABOVE ITS RAINING MEN AND YMCA. COMPLETE GARBAGE.

No you don't.. I'm barely a Queen fan and I know it's a top song.

ITS FAR FROM A TOP SONG. ITS ACTUALLY A TERRIBLE SONG. THERE IS NOTHING ROCK AND ROLL ABOUT IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. PEOPLE JUST SAY THEY LIKE IT TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT. THE SONG FUCKING SUCKS

Easy, killer.

I think the point is that we are talking about a band with a pretty limited output in terms of original songs. Your comment and how emphatic it is might make more sense to a band with a higher volume of work.

Why? I can think of 2 full albums and an EP worth of songs that are all better than Estranged, is it really that unreasonable to say I don't think it's close to being one of their best?

I agree.

Ok,GNR is my fav band,but when i am talking about the band with my friends many just find them ok,they are more metal guys,hard metal guys, i agree with them

that Axl voice sometimes is annoying(and slash is overated) overall but for me he is a great song writer and a performer more than a singer.

I agree with them that some gn'r songs are overated,November rain,paradise city,welcome to the jungle....but when it comes to Estranged,stop!

The first 8 min are the best you can listen in world music,whatever it is pop,rock,metal.....it is Axl at his best,even his voice is ok and mike clink does a good work....slash amazing,even matt. :D

So is Gn'r the best band ever?no!is Estranged the best Song ever?for me, it is.

Opinions?

In my opinion it is the best song ever "to me", but everyone has different likes, Estranged in definitely my fav GnR song!

Not even close to being one of their best songs

Considering their catalog of original material is what, 30 songs... give or take a few... I think that's a pretty dumb comment. It's certainly up there.

Best song of all time is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think from a mainstream perspective to say something like that is ridiculous. From a personal standpoint, completely acceptable.

they have x2 as many original songs as that dude!

Ok,GNR is my fav band,but when i am talking about the band with my friends many just find them ok,they are more metal guys,hard metal guys, i agree with them

that Axl voice sometimes is annoying(and slash is overated) overall but for me he is a great song writer and a performer more than a singer.

I agree with them that some gn'r songs are overated,November rain,paradise city,welcome to the jungle....but when it comes to Estranged,stop!

The first 8 min are the best you can listen in world music,whatever it is pop,rock,metal.....it is Axl at his best,even his voice is ok and mike clink does a good work....slash amazing,even matt. :D

So is Gn'r the best band ever?no!is Estranged the best Song ever?for me, it is.

Opinions?

All i can say to your post is YAWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no such thing as the best song ever, or the best band ever, and there's no such thing as a band ruling the world, or the a band being the world's most dangerous band.

Get over it/with it.

Edited by Gagarin

Estranged and Coma......Two of my favorites as well. Estranged is my ringtone.

I used to like it back in the day.. It's not really a song I ever have teh urge to listen to these days.. I actually skip it more often than not..

I just saw the Estranged video come on the retro channel and while watching I thought, "this is a really great song."

I love Estranged, but not just for the music in the song itself. It was the one of three songs that got me through the death of my fiance (Don't Cry and November Rain are the other two and I listened to them - a lot - when I walked through that grieving period you go through). So I'll always have that emotional tie to the song. The solos, both piano and guitar, in this song have a way of carrying you out of a funk.

The other reason is because of Making the Videos for Estranged. It came later for me, but watching this actually made me relate to the song through the story and background of the song. I had no idea before that these three songs were a trilogy.

So I love it and it's one of my favourites for more than just the music, though the song itself is killer.

Edited by Orsys