Estranged,best song ever?

kleber

Not even close to being one of their best songs, let alone the best song ever, it just try's too damn hard. If it was really the best song ever you'd thing Axl would still play it

How typical it is to coin a 10 minute pretentious piano "epic" with extended guitar solos the best song ever... :rolleyes:

Ok,GNR is my fav band,but when i am talking about the band with my friends many just find them ok,they are more metal guys,hard metal guys, i agree with them

that Axl voice sometimes is annoying(and slash is overated) overall but for me he is a great song writer and a performer more than a singer.

I agree with them that some gn'r songs are overated,November rain,paradise city,welcome to the jungle....but when it comes to Estranged,stop!

The first 8 min are the best you can listen in world music,whatever it is pop,rock,metal.....it is Axl at his best,even his voice is ok and mike clink does a good work....slash amazing,even matt. :D

So is Gn'r the best band ever?no!is Estranged the best Song ever?for me, it is.

Opinions?

You OBVIOUSLY did not get to experience being a snot-nosed pre-teen kid turning on MTV one day and getting to gaze upon the absolute greatness that was WTTJ and PC. To say those songs are over rated is insanity. GNR changed MTV. When that happens, that's incredible. Maybe Axl's 'Mickey Mouse' voice was annoying in 2000-2002, but I find his voice to be the most amazing rock voice of all time. Certainly the most range. If anything's annoying, it's the super-hardcore metal singers that sound like Satan on steroids all the time in the same tone.

In another post, I'm not sure what bars you hang out at, I'm assuming Blue Oyster type places, but in these parts GNR is pretty common to hear coming from jukeboxes and cover bands.

Why are people discussing this like it is a sport (my peepee is better than yours) or scientific fact (this green is better than that green).

Music is not something you can compare in this way.

Yes, it sounds corny but it is all personal. No need even to ask what anyone else thinks about it, as you can see everyone has a different opinion which is 'best'.

To me, personally, Estranged and Prostitute are the 2 best songs of GnR and they are in the same league as Stairway to Heaven.

And to me personally, songs like Sweet Child o Mine and Paradise City are cheap stuff with no content. To others those are the best.

Who cares what anyone likes best?

Edited by LLL

The first verse following the piano transition and Slash's accompanying guitar solo is, to me, transcendent and exemplary of the pinnacle of what music can acheive

Edited by Tyson
  • Like 1

Not even close to being one of their best songs

Considering their catalog of original material is what, 30 songs... give or take a few... I think that's a pretty dumb comment. It's certainly up there.

Best song of all time is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think from a mainstream perspective to say something like that is ridiculous. From a personal standpoint, completely acceptable.

Great song, I really like it, because its not even close to being Guns' best.

Go into a smallish room, play the album version of Paradise City at a volume just loud enough to cause permanent damage, and you will have the answer.

Considering their catalog of original material is what, 30 songs... give or take a few... I think that's a pretty dumb comment. It's certainly up there.

Best song of all time is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think from a mainstream perspective to say something like that is ridiculous. From a personal standpoint, completely acceptable.

uh... dumb comment my ass, its just my opinion, just like yours is "it's certainly up there", do I have to clarify that on a forum or something? Maybe I should attach a disclaimer to all of my posts so you know I was just giving my input, you know, like you and everyone else in this thread.

Sorry, but regardless of what other fans may think about Estranged I don't think its close to being one of Guns N' Roses best songs, I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to that. If you wanna argue why you think it is, then thats cool, but don't just tell me "its a pretty dumb comment" who the fuck are you?

Well now I can say your entire post is dumb as hell, because it actually is if you think your opinion is above mine because GNR's catalogue is "30 songs give or take a few" haha wtf, get outta here man

uh... dumb comment my ass, its just my opinion, just like yours is "it's certainly up there", do I have to clarify that on a forum or something? Maybe I should attach a disclaimer to all of my posts so you know I was just giving my input, you know, like you and everyone else in this thread.

Sorry, but regardless of what other fans may think about Estranged I don't think its close to being one of Guns N' Roses best songs, I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to that. If you wanna argue why you think it is, then thats cool, but don't just tell me "its a pretty dumb comment" who the fuck are you?

Well now I can say your entire post is dumb as hell, because it actually is if you think your opinion is above mine because GNR's catalogue is "30 songs give or take a few" haha wtf, get outta here man

Easy, killer.

I think the point is that we are talking about a band with a pretty limited output in terms of original songs. Your comment and how emphatic it is might make more sense to a band with a higher volume of work.

Easy, killer.

I think the point is that we are talking about a band with a pretty limited output in terms of original songs. Your comment and how emphatic it is might make more sense to a band with a higher volume of work.

Why? I can think of 2 full albums and an EP worth of songs that are all better than Estranged, is it really that unreasonable to say I don't think it's close to being one of their best?

Edited by sweetness

Estranged is a great song but i would not call it the bands clear cut best song.

Guns really doesnt havent a best song. to me it all depends on the mood im in. Sometimes im in the mood for an epic like estranged or Nov. Rain,

Other times i want to to rock out with Paradise City or You Could be Mine.

I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERY ROCK FAN WHEN I SAY BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY ABSOLUTELY BLOWS. ITS ONE STEP ABOVE ITS RAINING MEN AND YMCA. COMPLETE GARBAGE.

GUNS N FUCKING ROSES