Do you think Axl's waiting for CD II to be released before starting promotion?

ITW 2012

Do you think Axl's waiting for CD II to be released before starting promotion? By promotion, I mean interviews with major magazines and music videos. The fall of 2010 seems to be a perfect time to unleash part II of Democracy.

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Axl's waiting for CD II to be released before starting promotion? By promotion I mean interviews with major magazines and music videos. The fall of 2010 seems to be a perfect time to unleash part II of Democracy.

I still think they have an album out at the moment that needs/deserves real promotion. That aside, i don't really see Axl putting out CD II this year. It would only cause more confusion during the tour with which songs to play also. But hey if they do il be over the moon!

Do you think Axl's waiting for CD II to be released before starting promotion? By promotion I mean interviews with major magazines and music videos. The fall of 2010 seems to be a perfect time to unleash part II of Democracy.

I still think they have an album out at the moment that needs/deserves real promotion. That aside, i don't really see Axl putting out CD II this year. It would only cause more confusion during the tour with which songs to play also. But hey if they do il be over the moon!

I think for now we should forget about the next record. I am happy that GNR are out there and building momentum as a new unit and promoting the present record. A lot of the world including Europe, Oz, NZ and the US have not had the opportunity of this tour which is by far the best. I would like to see the band take their time with little breaks between continents and just...grow...have fun, play varied shows like they have been doing and communicate directly with the fans. So far this tour has been a huge success, interesting to see the different demographics of fans in different parts of the world. I just want to enjoy now. If there is a follow up CD with whatever name I hope it happens just naturally for all members of the band. To play 30 odd shows for up to 60,000 people is amazing. To play the Rose bar and acoustic shows within all this has been incredible. For now... "The show must go on"

I think for now we should forget about the next record. I am happy that GNR are out there and building momentum as a new unit and promoting the present record. A lot of the world including Europe, Oz, NZ and the US have not had the opportunity of this tour which is by far the best. I would like to see the band take their time with little breaks between continents and just...grow...have fun, play varied shows like they have been doing and communicate directly with the fans. So far this tour has been a huge success, interesting to see the different demographics of fans in different parts of the world. I just want to enjoy now. If there is a follow up CD with whatever name I hope it happens just naturally for all members of the band. To play 30 odd shows for up to 60,000 people is amazing. To play the Rose bar and acoustic shows within all this has been incredible. For now... "The show must go on"

Exactly my thoughts - although I'd have to add that I'm of course a greedy bastard and can't stop thinking about the possibility of new material.

But this material doens't neccessarily have to be a full album. It's 2010, it's no problem to relaease single songs every now and then. Serj Tankian for example has a studio version of a new sont out although the album is still in the making (awesome by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NX9hDrDey0). So maybe the guys will decide to finish one song they all like in one of the tour breaks and release it in high quality via the internet.

Wouldn't be that much trouble like a whole album, a fun thing for the band and wonderful for us.

I think they should start playing CD II songs on the American leg of the tour. Maybe release a new single right before the festival gigs in Europe and then put the album out in the fall before embarking on a US tour.

That would be incredible man, but I seriously doubt it

I don't really see Axl doing a lot of promo for CD 2 either...

I can see Dj promoting the shit out of it though ( if he gets to play on it ).

I suppose it also depends on how the American leg of the tour goes.

I mean, check out what Dj has to say about the US :

:shrugs:

I can't believe Axl hasn't done an interview with Rolling Stone since the '90s.

Guaranteed he's gonna break his silence before he kicks off a US tour.

Yeh he did do that piece in like 1999 but that was it. As i gather, he doesn't like Rolling Stone ever since they did that "what happened to Axl Rose" piece back in 2000. He severed his ties with them after that it seems.

I can't believe Axl hasn't done an interview with Rolling Stone since the '90s.

Guaranteed he's gonna break his silence before he kicks off a US tour.

Yeh he did do that piece in like 1999 but that was it. As i gather, he doesn't like Rolling Stone ever since they did that "what happened to Axl Rose" piece back in 2000. He severed his ties with them after that it seems.

They've been kissing his ass lately, trying to get back in his good graces I imagine.

If that's true, then Axl is too sensitive. Was there even anything in that article that turned out to be untrue?

If that's true, then Axl is too sensitive. Was there even anything in that article that turned out to be untrue?

Axl has been taking note of who in the media bad mouths him, he implied that in the Billboard interview saying something like "Billboard.com has generally taken a pro-Slash and -old Guns position as well, and I don't recall having been particularly negative toward them previously either." He then goes on to say similar things about Reuters too. Hmm dunno if there was untrue matter in that article but maybe some stuff was exaggerated. He probably doesn't like people saying bad stuff about him in general.

Chinese Democracy World Tour already had more than 150 concerts, + the cancelled legs and the small gigs like NYC this year.

They did great legs in all the continents but Africa, playing in 40 countries.

They did a great job with the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

2001: 4 concerts and 26 cancelled.

USA: 1 concert

BRAZIL: 1 concert

EUROPE: cancelled

USA: 2 concerts

2002/2003: 22 concerts and 17 cancelled.

ASIA: 3 concerts

EUROPE: 3 concerts

NORTH AMERICA: 16 concerts

2004: 1 cancelled

LISBOA (Rock in Rio): cancelled.

2006: 74 concerts and 7 cancelled.

USA: 4 concerts

EUROPE: 32 concerts.

NORTH AMERICA: 38 concerts

2007: 19 concerts and 2 cancelled.

SOUTH AFRICA: cancelled.

MEXICO: 3 concerts

OCEANIC: 11 concerts

BRAZIL: cancelled.

ASIA: 5 concerts

2009/2010: 32 concerts and 3 cancelled.

ASIA: 4 concerts

CANADA: 13 concerts

SOUTH AMERICA: 12 concerts

CENTRAL AMERICA: 3 concerts

Now it's time to move on. We had the Tour, we had the CD.

They already did two great tours in Europe, I don't see why they should do a 3rd one. I THINK they should launch a new CD during the break before Europe, and start the enw CD tour there. I hope Axl, Tommy and the boys are working on that :B

Edited by ManetsBR

They've been playing these songs at shows for almost 10 years now. Just because the album FINALLY came out almost 2 years ago doesn't mean they shouldn't introduce new songs live or put out a new album. I like the musicians in the band and everything but damn, give the fans something new you know?

I think it's essential to start the US tour with a fresh slate. The US media will ridicule Axl for touring an album that's 2 years old with songs on it that have been played live for nearly 10 years. Plus, I just really really really want to hear CD II. LOL

I think it's essential to start the US tour with a fresh slate. The US media will ridicule Axl for touring an album that's 2 years old with songs on it that have been played live for nearly 10 years. Plus, I just really really really want to hear CD II. LOL

When CDII comes out, do you really think he will play many songs from it?

im not sure what to expect. i think its time to move on, but do you really see that happening anytime soon? they released it, toured it, i think its run its course. imagine releasing the better video now? that would be like having breakfast for dinner. it just doesnt make sense. its time to move on to the next album but i feel expecting that is just foolish.

im preparing for silence. i always had faith the post-release tour would happen, and it did. but now all bets are off. i think axl has seen CD thru so now whats next is up to him. the del james airball interview isnt very reassuring. regarding CDii; dont know, dont care i think were axls exact words.

Edited by Jackie Moon

This is a maximum dream situation:

As the Latin America tour is over, they take some vacations (I know Chris is coming back to Rio). Then they finish some songs and mix the CD. Then they make some vids for Chinese Democracy and launch it. A Chinese Democracy re-release with new covers, making of and lots of extras would be nice too! And some days before Europe Tour, surprise.... new album!

:rolleyes:

Edited by ManetsBR

When CDII comes out, do you really think he will play many songs from it?

Of course. I've heard every song from CD live except Prostitute and Riad.

As the Latin America tour is over, they take some vacations (I know Chris is coming back to Rio). Then they finish some songs and mix the CD. Then they make some vids for Chinese Democracy and launch it. A Chinese Democracy re-release with new covers, making of and lots of extras would be nice too! And some days before Europe Tour, surprise.... new album!

A music video of Chinese Democracy or Better with images of the South American tour would be nice.

You are a dreamer ... i hope you are right.