Axl Versus the Volcano

ITW 2012

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/19/iceland-volcano-ash-coming-america/

Millions of tons of ash from a volcano in Iceland that have grounded planes across Europe is traveling towards North America, government officials report.

The latest satellite projections from the U.K.'s Met Office, which monitors volcanic eruptions as part of a global network of Ash Advisory Centers, show the ash cloud already reaching as far as Newfoundland, explained Bob Syvret, a forecaster for the agency.

"The latest graphics that we've issued suggest that the tail end of the plume might just get into the far east of the Newfoundland area," he told FoxNews.com.

But breathe easier, travellers: "It doesn't look a risk for North America" at this point, said Syvret, adding that the cloud would "probably stop around the Newfoundland area, and then move north into Greenland."

axl has private jet ? he could fly with that

kimi räikkönen flies with his private jet to home in few days

axl should have same attitude as kimi, fuck that shit =))

the only reason planes aren't flying is because the ash gets sucked into the jet engines so having a private jet isnt gonna help.

sucks to be him when his enging gets clogged up with ash then cuts out

he flew already. no problemos. german airlines have flew some test flies and they didn't find anything from their engines. they are overrating this ash

axl has private jet ? he could fly with that

kimi räikkönen flies with his private jet to home in few days

axl should have same attitude as kimi, fuck that shit =))

the only reason planes aren't flying is because the ash gets sucked into the jet engines so having a private jet isnt gonna help.

sucks to be him when his enging gets clogged up with ash then cuts out

he flew already. no problemos. german airlines have flew some test flies and they didn't find anything from their engines. they are overrating this ash

I'm not so sure about that. My Dad used to work for the FAA before he retired. When the Mt. St helen's volcano erupted, a plane that flew through the ash devolped corrosion problems 2 weeks later. Time will tell if the volcano stops erupting. Private planes are smaller than commericial airlines and I would think more prone to risk. But GNR can travel by train and alternate routes. Some concerts could be affected depending on what the volcano does or does not do.

Jarmo's South american tour was affected. He 's stuck in Virginia and he can't get home.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

I was thinking about this too since the scientists are saying there's no way to tell how long the volcano will continue to erupt.

I read today that the British navy have sent out 2 of their warships to get British citizens from the US to bring them back home.

Some so called experts said it might take at least a week for the volcano to quiet down and then airspace to and from Europe will open up again.

I'm worried that Bullet for My Valentine might not make it to the US and I am seeing them in Dallas on May 7. I only hope they are already in the US.

Maybe Axl can take a boat to Europe. I know I did read in the local newspaper that some musicians had cancelled some concerts in Europe due to the ash.

I would hope for all the fans that by the summer festivals this problem will be solved or at least okay enough for the airspace to be open again. The airlines are losing millions of dollars a day because of it. Not to mention, those poor people and animals in Iceland.

Mother Nature is a nasty bitch when she wants to be. I think we humans better start taking care of our planet before it's too late.

Could this delay GNR's tour? It sounds like quite a shitstorm from what I've been reading.

no, it can´t delay the tour. it could make the things complicated, but it definitely canNOT cancel the tour.

the flights from usa to europe can be lead throught different countries, different fly/road/air lines or so.. not only gnr have to travel overseas..and the airlines companies need money, so the solution will be made quickly ("time is money"..isn´t it?)

and if we talked about travelling through europe, gnr could travel by buses so they won´t have to rely on the flights and weather. the buses are not as comfortable and fast as the planes, but it´s easier and not affected by volcanic problem.

This could last for months if the big one blows out (it's a 75% chance that it will), so Axl and his friends might have to drive a bus instead. That is if they even get a plane from USA to Europe.

It could be tricky to take a bus all around Europe. It depends on how close the concert dates are. This volcano could really wreak havoc on the world economy! In the vast perpective, a few cancelled concert dates, would not be the end of the world.

Lets hope GNR are making contingency plans right now, the tour would be doable with some forward planning, time they luckily have.

Weather is changing later this week so hopefully the cloud will fuck off north.

Volcano is spewing less ash, mainly steam now, all we can do is hope that the thing does not go mental again and the other one doesn't blow!

Well, the airports of the south of Spain are being used to help. Some european governments are making agreements with the Spanish governmet to use our airports and fly from here. For exemple, people who are stuck in ...let´s say France and have to fly to USA come to Spain by car or by train and then they can take flights overseas and so on. It is not the best solution but it is helping some people.

• 2 weeks later...

FUCK THIS!!! Seriously I hope everything wil be alright by the end of the month, I have booked the hotel, got my plane tickets and my tickets for the show, imagine if the ash problem happen on sunday 30th, I'm fucked. :xmasschef:

FUCK THIS!!! Seriously I hope everything wil be alright by the end of the month, I have booked the hotel, got my plane tickets and my tickets for the show, imagine if the ash problem happen on sunday 30th, I'm fucked. :xmasschef:

let's hope not

Metallica is doing it by bus so I can't see why GNR couldn't, they could make all the dates but would probably feel like shit from the long travel so fans would be looking at a 5am start time for the show