New Interview with Geffen Studio Manager

ManetsBR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all Guns N Roses discs redone? I would pay my life savings to hear it!

I would hope that all copies have been burned and discarded by now.

It's one thing to do a (shitty) "update" of a classic song you co-wrote like Slash did with "Paradise City"; it's another thing to basically re-record your albums note-for-note with a different lineup, you know what I mean?

If it was a good way for them to practice, cool; but if that story is true about Axl wanting to release a box set, then he made the right choice by abandoning that plan.

I don't see what the problem would be. I think that rerecorded bit of SCOM sounds pretty cool with Axl's "new" (at that time) vocals on it, and I'd love to hear what he sounds like on the others. It's not like they'd be hurting the original versions. They're still there.

It's one thing to do a (shitty) "update" of a classic song you co-wrote like Slash did with "Paradise City"; it's another thing to basically re-record your albums note-for-note with a different lineup, you know what I mean?

If it was a good way for them to practice, cool; but if that story is true about Axl wanting to release a box set, then he made the right choice by abandoning that plan.

I don't see what the problem would be. I think that rerecorded bit of SCOM sounds pretty cool with Axl's "new" (at that time) vocals on it, and I'd love to hear what he sounds like on the others. It's not like they'd be hurting the original versions. They're still there.

It would tarnish the original in many peoples' eyes. Especially if you were just re-recording, not a re-imagining (a la Slash's Paradise City) AND releasing it under the name Guns N' Roses.

Not to mention Axl doesn't own ANY of the song sby himself. Slash, Izzy or Duff have credits on every one of the songs from Appetite. It would never would've been released, it's that simple.

Is that Finck playing that god awful shit toward the end? :blink:

Better version-

B)

it sounds like finck. I think it sounds fuckin sweet....not saying its better the original...that would just be fucking stupid. but I like fincks(?) take on it

honestly, Axl's voice was at its worse in 02', why in god's name would you want to hear anything from that period? I would be interesting to listen for grins, but I can't see myself paying money for it, and it sounding good.

Now that his voice is better, I would just rather wait for that new album we've been speculating, than worry about some re-recordings of the same songs, that were great twenty years ago, and were re-recorded when Axl's voice was crap.

Listen from 3:08 onward. Send the check to my place.

What the hell was the point of recording that? It honestly sucked.

It was fucking awesome. I can hear a lot of pain in his soul coming out in his voice. 10 out of fucking 10 Axl. That's going right the fuck on my ipod.

Edited by iftheworld

I am beginning to doubt this interview. AFD was re-recorded long before 2002. We have that SCOM and I remember a magazine interview with one of the former managers that mentioned AFD was re-recorded and suggested the use of re-recorded Jungle in Black Hawk Down.

I am beginning to doubt this interview. AFD was re-recorded long before 2002. We have that SCOM and I remember a magazine interview with one of the former managers that mentioned AFD was re-recorded and suggested the use of re-recorded Jungle in Black Hawk Down.

I'm not saying that this interview is real or fake, but not everyone's memory is perfect when it comes to recalling exact dates.

I'm not saying that this interview is real or fake, but not everyone's memory is perfect when it comes to recalling exact dates.

I agree about sketchy memory!, but he also shouldn't give exact dates, if he's not sure... Unless of course, it's been re-recorded more than once, then it all makes more sense....

When looking at it in perspective, I see it as Axl fiercely fighting his past demons. The dissolving of the classic lineup, or moreover Duff, Izzy and Slash all somehow going away, hurt him. In an immense way, I've come to think.

Late 90's he is still in the midst of lawsuit shenanigans, coming to grips with the death of his mother, and feeling immense pressure on materializing his vision of a new guns sound. He was frail, he couldn't take and stomach Oh My God's total non-impact and resentment that there was towards his new sound.

The idea to recreate the old albums with new people was Axls idea of how to purge himself and his music of the people that he felt had left and betrayed him and hurt him. The idea of having the old guns sound morph into the new guys playing, if you look at it artistically, is pretty straightforward in intent.

If these re-recorded albums were to be released they shouldn't be put out as a proper album with a price tag. Release them for free with the message "If you want to hear them then feel free, if not, that's fine." It would lessen the negativity that would no doubt spur from them owing to the fact that they cost you bugger all.

If these re-recorded albums were to be released they shouldn't be put out as a proper album with a price tag. Release them for free with the message "If you want to hear them then feel free, if not, that's fine." It would lessen the negativity that would no doubt spur from them owing to the fact that they cost you bugger all.

Can't believe that Axl could sing like that in 2002 considering how he sounded live. The voice on the SCOM big daddy sound track is awesome!

I see no problem with it. If its what Axl wanted to do, I'd be interested in hearing it. That said, it will probably never be released and all we can hope is for unoffical leaks to maybe come out in the future.

he wanted to, didn't say that he did. just afd was completed.

he would pay his life savings, didn't say that he was going to. Just if it had been done.