Please Help Paradise City guitar

Look I can play most of paradise city (except obviously the last solo which is impossible yet for my level), but I'm going fucking insane. I'm stuck on the "3:30 - 3:50" part on this video:

How the fuck do you play that part??? It seems easy but I can't manage to find the right notes!!! What the hell man, this is fucking impossible to play, I don't understand!!! Please help :xmasschef:

When I started playing guitar years ago I also found that section particularly difficult too. It really doesn't sound too bad dude. Make sure you're alternate picking and using plenty of hammer ons, and most importantly KEEP PRACTICING it!!Keep on rockin

When I started playing guitar years ago I also found that section particularly difficult too. It really doesn't sound too bad dude. Make sure you're alternate picking and using plenty of hammer ons, and most importantly KEEP PRACTICING it!!Keep on rockin

No man I'm sorry if I expressed myself wrong, this guy on youtube is not me lol! That guy plays the song almost perfectly imo, but I'm stuck at this part, I don't even understand what how this guy is playing this! The tabs I've checked on the net don't help me much, that's why I asked if someone could help me!

oh ok, well is it the speed of the bridge section thats troubling you??(3.30-3.50).Its basically a repeating sequence of 4 notes.The first two notes are hammer on's (B string 10th, 11th fret) and should be done with the first and second finger, jump then to the high e string 10th fret with your first finger.Your third finger then goes to the B string twelfth fret. You then repeat the first hammer on (B string 10th, 11th fret) and the e string 10th fret all done with the first and second finger. As you know then just repeat this pattern further down the neck.

Above all start out really slow. Make sure you get the technique right before trying to speed it up. Don't worry you'll nail it in no time.

oh ok, well is it the speed of the bridge section thats troubling you??(3.30-3.50).Its basically a repeating sequence of 4 notes.The first two notes are hammer on's (B string 10th, 11th fret) and should be done with the first and second finger, jump then to the high e string 10th fret with your first finger.Your third finger then goes to the B string twelfth fret. You then repeat the first hammer on (B string 10th, 11th fret) and the e string 10th fret all done with the first and second finger. As you know then just repeat this pattern further down the neck.

Above all start out really slow. Make sure you get the technique right before trying to speed it up. Don't worry you'll nail it in no time.

Thank you so much man, I'm going to try that at slow speed!

its not the notes that are hard, but the tempo kinda fucks with u. But keep practicing and it'll come ;)

Yes that's the fucking tempo! But I'm not so sure of the notes as well, I'm telling you guys, this bit is driving me fucking MAD!!!! I CAN'T PLAY IT! I've tried for fucking one hour, I UNDERSTAND what's being played but I can't manage to play it! For some reason I can't make it on the guitar, I can't find the right tempo, or maybe I just got the wrong notes! I'm lost, I'd need a video with someone showing it or maybe in a couple months I'll eventually figure it out. It's insane, I can play the second part of the sweet child solo but I can't understand something that seems so simple!

The tempo and the actual timing of the notes is what will be tricky the first time through. When I first started learning this song, I had trouble on the same section. I couldn't get my fingers and picking to match up. As cliché as it sounds, keep on practicing. Work with it slow to work out the timing, then speed it up. It's the best way to approach a part like that.

Do you have Guitar Pro? I'd suggest trying out a Guitar Pro tab of it. Then you can slow it down there and see how it sounds and practice that way. Another option would be to use Audacity to slow the song down (without changing the pitch) and do likewise.

redrum gave a pretty detailed explanation of the actual notes so I thought I would throw in my two cents. Hope it helps! You'll get it.

The tempo and the actual timing of the notes is what will be tricky the first time through. When I first started learning this song, I had trouble on the same section. I couldn't get my fingers and picking to match up. As cliché as it sounds, keep on practicing. Work with it slow to work out the timing, then speed it up. It's the best way to approach a part like that.

Do you have Guitar Pro? I'd suggest trying out a Guitar Pro tab of it. Then you can slow it down there and see how it sounds and practice that way. Another option would be to use Audacity to slow the song down (without changing the pitch) and do likewise.

redrum gave a pretty detailed explanation of the actual notes so I thought I would throw in my two cents. Hope it helps! You'll get it.

Yeah, hes right. You should first find the right notes, thats not to hard. Then practice it slowly. So slow that it may seem hilarious. Then you escalate the tempo. Use a metronome. And if you practice it 30minutes to 1hour a day i bet you can do it in three or four days.

Thanks for the advices. I'm going to install guitar pro on the computer because I'm lost. I've heard of guitar pro but have never used it, I will try and see how it goes, thank you mate.

Thanks for the advices. I'm going to install guitar pro on the computer because I'm lost. I've heard of guitar pro but have never used it, I will try and see how it goes, thank you mate.

its simple dude just bar the 10th fret on the first lick with ur index finger then do the same on the 8th fret its just the same pattern on the 8th fret

--------------10--------------------10-------------------------------

-------h---------------p----h-----------------------------------------

---10--11-------12---10--11--------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

its simple dude just bar the 10th fret on the first lick with ur index finger then do the same on the 8th fret its just the same pattern on the 8th fret

That's the tabs I had, I know it seems simple and yet I can't make it sound correct but I'm going to install a guitar software tomorrow to see how it goes.

However, I'd appreciate if you can tell me what the "p" is for? Does it mean I have to hit the next note as well? And the "h" means I don't have to hit the note, just put my finger on it right?

That's the tabs I had, I know it seems simple and yet I can't make it sound correct but I'm going to install a guitar software tomorrow to see how it goes.

However, I'd appreciate if you can tell me what the "p" is for? Does it mean I have to hit the next note as well? And the "h" means I don't have to hit the note, just put my finger on it right?

h means hammer on p is pull off

pick the 1st note down then hammer to 11th fret pick upwards on 10th fret on high e pick down on 12th fret on g then pull off then hammer on then p ick up on 10th fret on e again

pick the 1st note down then hammer to 11th fret pick upwards on 10th fret on high e pick down on 12th fret on g then pull off then hammer on then p ick up on 10th fret on e again

I'm sorry I'm french, I don't understand this "hammer" and "pull off" notions, does hammer means just putting your finger on the fret without picking it? I don't understand this "pull off" thing.

I'm sorry I'm french, I don't understand this "hammer" and "pull off" notions, does hammer means just putting your finger on the fret without picking it? I don't understand this "pull off" thing.

man have u literally just started playing guitar surely even in french the terms hammer on and pull off are used they are basic guitar techniques lol

man have u literally just started playing guitar surely even in french the terms hammer on and pull off are used they are basic guitar techniques lol

No I've begun one year and a half ago but I didn't take any lesson.

I've just watched on youtube and I got the notions, I have always been doing the hammer thing right without even knowing what it means :rofl-lol: The pull off is the reverse thing of hammer, easy. I'll try all of this.