Deleting Cookies?

Revolver

hi I'm not much for reading computer-like topics so I'm not sure if that sort of discussion goes somewhere else (like 'Support' or something..)

but anyways.. I asked somewhere how come I always have to log into MyGNR everytime I enter the site and I was told that I probably haven't tried deleting my cookies

I've seen that word used as an internet-thing but I have no idea what it is nor how to delete it

will it affect my computer and how?

if anyone can answer this that'd be greatly appreciated! =)

A cookie is a tiny piece of data that remembers who you are when visiting a site - for instance it will remember you have authenticated with the correct credentials - meaning you won't need to authenticate again until that cookie is deleted or expires (it may be set to expire every 48 hours, for instance).

At the bottom of any page use the 'Delete my Cookies' link - this will delete all cookies from mygnrforum.com

It won't affect anything on your computer :) - but you will need to login again.

Rick.

alright thanks!

done and done

but one question.. I tried exiting Firefox and enter again and I had to sign in again onto MyGNR... how can I make the site login itself every time I visit? it did that when I first joined...

Revolver deleting cookies is not going to help your situation at all...

try this then log into mygnrforum.com and close firefox then restart it..

Password Manager settings

Firefox will remember passwords by default. You may have disabled this feature, or told Firefox to never remember passwords for a particular site.

1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the ToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select Options...Preferences....

2. Select the Security panel.

3. If it isn't already check marked, check Remember passwords for sites.

4. To the right of Remember passwords for sites, click the Exceptions... button .

5. Make sure that the site you're trying to log in to isn't in the list.

* If it is, select the entry and click Remove.

6. Click CloseClose the Exceptions window.

7. Click OK to close the Options windowClick Close to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window

Now that you've configured Firefox to remember passwords, try logging in to the site again.

ON top of this try this if that does not cut it for ya:

Passwords being automatically cleared

Firefox may be set to remove saved passwords when it is closed. To undo this setting:

1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the ToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select Options...Preferences....

2. Select the Privacy panel.

3. If Firefox will: is set to Use custom settings for history and Clear history when Firefox closes is selected, click on the Settings... button.

4. Make sure that Saved Passwords is not selected.

5. Click OK to close the Options windowClick Close to close the Preferences windowClose the Preferences window

Firefox is now configured to not clear your passwords when closing.

Edited by gunsguy

Just to confirm, you are clicking the 'Remember Me' box on the login page?

R.

yes I am, already deleted to cookies but am gonna try what Gunsguy said.. I'll come here to say if it worked =)

thanks for the help guys

alright thanks GUNSGUY it worked!! or well it doesn't log me in automatically but I don't have to type in the password which makes it way more comfortable =)

thanks loads guys! :krider: