Serious Rap

NEU-YORK

Hello,

Can anyone recommend some rap music that does not contain cheesey choruses, autotune, mainstream pussyness etc i think you know what i mean?

Looking for something serious, from the heart, true artists.

50cent, eminem, 2pac, dr dre etc are NOT what i'm looking for.

Does it exist? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick responses!

Dowloading the majority of the above. Hopefully I'll find something I like, I remember reading so many times here how Dr Dre, The Chronic was the AFD of rap and I eventually excitedly downloaded it only to be disappointed. What an insult to AFD!

Thanks again.

Anything by The Roots.

Masta Ace is cool, too. I also highly approve of Immortal Technique, although I could see that you also wouldn't really be able to enjoy him sometimes.

Eric B. & Rakim maybe, too?

Edited by Spoon87

Thanks for the quick responses!

Dowloading the majority of the above. Hopefully I'll find something I like, I remember reading so many times here how Dr Dre, The Chronic was the AFD of rap and I eventually excitedly downloaded it only to be disappointed. What an insult to AFD!

Thanks again.

afd is lucky to be compared to that album

Guest Len B'stard

You gotta remember that time makes everything corny, Guns n Roses are considered corny in some quarters, same goes for everything thats over say....10/15 years old, Gangsta Rap especially because its been cartoonised so much, its really suffered from going mainstream to be honest but when the shit came out its like, woah, hey, what the fuck was that?!?!

Check out Deltron 3030

<-- great song right here

Good recommendation.

The Chronic > AFD

Doggystyle > The Chronic

Interesting...

I'll have to say

Doggystyle = The Chronic

I think The Chronic is a tad more consistent though, but I usually think of them as about the same.

+1

I feel the same. In some ways, I feel Doggystyle is underrated.

Doggy Dogg World, was something "different" when it came out.

gucci. my black person gucci is free now.

word--am now rotating in my "free prodigy" shirt in place of my "free gucci" shirt. too bad the contract they signed w/ g-unit included a "no more making good music" clause, though.

op: download the following albums (rappers make enough $ from selling drugs): illmatic, only built 4 cuban linx, follow the leader, atliens, illadelph halflife (definitely not anything by the roots--they have many a wack album), black star, the great adventures of slick rick, low end theory. stay as far away as possible from immortal technique. also, *dead* @ shots at 2pac; props to dudes who said the pharcyde & krs.