Nachtmystium- Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. 2 Album

bt88

Thats how Ive heard them described. Not sure if it fits but honestly this is some of the more interesting music Ive heard in awhile. Manages to be kinda catchy, creepy and grand all at once. The last album was good but still very black metal. Sounds like theyre going the Mastodon way and going more trippier and more singing in the chorus. Some killer guitar work on this track. Check it out, the new album comes out June 8

Nachtmystium- "Addicts"

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/05/14/exclusive-song-premiere-nachtmystiums-addicts/

at first i was kinda like... 'WTF, this is just another gay black metal band'.... but it grows i guess. don't think i'd listen to these guys often, though.....

Yea I mean they arent a "hey its sunny out lets take a drive and pop in some Nachtmystium" type of band. But I think theyre a lot more creative than what you hear out there today.

at first i was kinda like... 'WTF, this is just another gay black metal band'.... but it grows i guess. don't think i'd listen to these guys often, though.....

Yea I mean they arent a "hey its sunny out lets take a drive and pop in some Nachtmystium" type of band. But I think theyre a lot more creative than what you hear out there today.

Its not that i don't like heavy metal i just hate most black metal. I fucking LOVE cradle of filth, who yea, aren't black metal, but the first album is semi-black metal. i listen to a bit of dimmu borgir, too. but i cant stand bands like gorgoroth or whatever, or mayhem...

i wouldn't say they're more creative than a lot of the other bands out there now, they've just kind of branched off of what was already there....

• 2 weeks later...

So this album fully leaked and this album is incredible. It takes so many twist and turns, definitely has elements of black metal but it also infuses Spacey Pink Floyd style stuff, 80s synth beats and old 70s Sabbath style rock. The vocals might take some getting used to but the songs manage to be catchy, bizzare and dark all at once. Some killer guitar solos too. If youre in the mood for something different check it out.

Heres another song called Nightfall that is great

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N6Mf8onaUbw

Edited by bt88

• 3 weeks later...

I've started listening to this album and it's fantastic! Surely one of the most unique albums I've heard. I like how they can go from blast beats to standard rock drumming with synths while still maintaining the harsh vocals and yet they make it work every time. Just an incredible album and you can tell these guys are just doing whatever they want with their album. I wouldn't be surprised if Psychedelic Black Metal or something becomes a sub-genre thanks to these guys.

So this album fully leaked and this album is incredible. It takes so many twist and turns, definitely has elements of black metal but it also infuses Spacey Pink Floyd style stuff, 80s synth beats and old 70s Sabbath style rock. The vocals might take some getting used to but the songs manage to be catchy, bizzare and dark all at once. Some killer guitar solos too. If youre in the mood for something different check it out.

Heres another song called Nightfall that is great

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N6Mf8onaUbw

That song isn't bad