Mobile - concert recording

nighttrain

Hi

So im going to the concert in Denmark, and want to record some videos with my mobile. I have a Nokia 6220 Classic(5mp).

Anybody used a 6220 for concert, is it any good ?.

Are there ways to prevent the videos, actually the audio - ending up like this :

It´s a shame the audio is so bad....

i was thinking about covering the mic with something ?.

Any suggestions what to do, or not to do ?.

Or are they just playing so loud it´s impossible for most of the mobiles to record ?.

Thanks

I tried to bootleg four of the five shows I saw on the Canadian tour and the only thing that helped with the distortion was when I wrapped up a ton of paper towel and taped it over the microphone... made it go from unlistenable to listenable... still not great but enough to listen to and enjoy the memory

I think I did one of the best gn'r bootleg recordings in oslo

you can find them in my channel such as

I also have those in higher quality uncompressed HD

I filmed with a panasonic lumix point and shoot camera which also has stereo microphone with wind cutting filter.

But normally you cannot enter the venue with a camera. Too dangerous ! You might lose it.

There is no way you can have a desirable audio/video quality with a cell phone that I know out on the market. Maybe with samsung omnia hd.

Cell phone sensors are way too small to capture good quality stuff. This is optically impossible.

So if I were you I wouldn't bother shooting a crappy video because someone else will do it and upload it.

I would concentrate on the concert and try to have the most fun.

So imo you better forget about filming.

Do a few "practice runs" and see how the audio sounds and video looks. I think some people try to get specific areas in the arena if they're trying to get decent sound quality. I've seen people filming in the front row at an arena show and it didn't sound distorted, and recording way back where it should've sounded okay, and still sounded horrible. The decent quality bootlegs that get traded - my opinion, it's better to have a decent sounding recording than a video of the show. If you can find an Edirol on ebay or on sale, check it out sometime.

I don't know how many MicroSD cards you'll go through or if you want to have a second battery charged up just in case.

It's VGA, which is good enough for posting on You Tube but not something I'd be able to watch on a flat screen, but I think the audio is going to be an issue.