Best 70s Rock band/artist?

Vincent Vega

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would have picked The Doors but it's hard to vote for best band of a decade when they only were around for two of those years. The Doors without Morrison just don't count.

True but with Morrison they were making music into 1971, their last album was released in April '71 and their last was released in February 1970 so they've got two albums in the 70s so I think they could count as a 70s band, albeit they weren't around for the rest of the decade.

I think if you have more than one record released in a decade you could be considered a band of that decade--Like for example I wouldn't consider the Beatles a 70s band seeing as they only released one album in that decade--Let it Be in May 1970.

I would have picked The Doors but it's hard to vote for best band of a decade when they only were around for two of those years. The Doors without Morrison just don't count.

True but with Morrison they were making music into 1971, their last album was released in April '71 and their last was released in February 1970 so they've got two albums in the 70s so I think they could count as a 70s band, albeit they weren't around for the rest of the decade.

I think if you have more than one record released in a decade you could be considered a band of that decade--Like for example I wouldn't consider the Beatles a 70s band seeing as they only released one album in that decade--Let it Be in May 1970.

It's really too bad that Purple couldn't keep MKII together longer, but MKIII was impressive in spots, and live were just as good.

Blackmore forming Rainbow and working with Dio was also a highlight of the 70s for me.

Jeff Beck was at one of his peaks (he's had several). Blow By Blow is an inspired album.

70s Clapton, when he wasn't wasted, produced some of his best work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...