GNR 3" cd singles

dally

Hey all, i just got my hand on a few 3" GNR singles

Nightrain

Welcome to the jungle

Sweet Child o`mine

You could be mine

To the collectors out there, you know what exists of this kind?? id like to collect em all... B)

I don't if these are U.S. releases or not.

The info I can give is the order of the GNR retail single releases from the AFD/LIES era (after that I paid much less attention)

I had these all on cassette single and vinyl.

And even though this will be argued, this was the order of RETAIL singles in the U.S. (look it up on Billboard)

1 - Sweet Child O' Mine (red cover, circle logo, live "Its So Easy" from The Marquee was the B-side)

2 - Welcome To The Jungle (band picture, framed in blue) kind of a re-release, but did not go to retail the 1st time in U.S.

3 - Paradise City (skull's on the cross logo, black background) basically the AFD cover

4 - Patience (a small religious looking statue on black background)

5 - Nightrain (robot from AFD rape scene cover on black background)

6 - You Could Be Mine (Arnold Schwarzenegger picture from Terminator 2 as the cover) Terrible idea for the cover

7 - Don't Cry (can't remember the cover, but it was single #7)

That's all I got......and yes Sweet Child was the only U.S. single to have a non LP B-side, just the was things roll in the U.S.

Overseas get mostly all the non album B-sides.

Edited by lost in the garden

There are 5 that were UK releases. These four were released in small square fold out packages:

Patience

Nightrain

Sweet Child

Paradise City

Whilst welcome to the jungle was released on 3" in the UK too it was in a standard sized CD case with an adapter that goes around the small CD so it can still be played on normal CD players.

gnrcollection001.jpg

gnrcollection002.jpg

Then there were the Japanese ones which were released in the long snap packs. These cases could be "snapped" down into a folding size, but you rarely see them snapped it's better to keep them unsnapped from a collecting point of view.

gnrcollection003.jpg

There is also a bootleg 3" CD of LLAS.

Edited by williambailey01

There are 5 that were UK releases. These four were released in small square fold out packages:

Patience

Nightrain

Sweet Child

Paradise City

Whilst welcome to the jungle was released on 3" in the UK too it was in a standard sized CD case with an adapter that goes around the small CD so it can still be played on normal CD players.

gnrcollection001.jpg

gnrcollection002.jpg

Then there were the Japanese ones which were released in the long snap packs. These cases could be "snapped" down into a folding size, but you rarely see them snapped it's better to keep them unsnapped from a collecting point of view.

gnrcollection003.jpg

There is also a bootleg 3" CD of LLAS.

Thanx for the info man, i got my eyes on few on ebay... but damn some of them are priced high.... :shocked: