Does anyone actually live in South Dakota?

mrandyk

I do, 6 hours east of Sturgis (too far to go solo). Im wondering how many U.S. GNR fans are either left out to try or forced to travel several states to go see their only show in the country this year. I also wonder what compelled them to pick the motorcycle rally in Sturgis out of all the festivals this summer. Im sure there will be quite a few travellers on this forum, guess I want to see how dedicated some of you are and partly want to find someone to go out there with me if passing through the southeast corner of the state.

Edited by mrandyk

I do, 6 hours east of Sturgis (too far to go solo). Im wondering how many U.S. GNR fans are either left out to try or forced to travel several states to go see their only show in the country this year. I also wonder what compelled them to pick the motorcycle rally in Sturgis out of all the festivals this summer. Im sure there will be quite a few travellers on this forum, guess I want to see how dedicated some of you are and partly want to find someone to go out there with me if passing through the southeast corner of the state.

I will be passing through on the 9th, on my way back from Chicago

Timing, and money, most likely.

There's only so many festivals in the U.S., and the smaller ones like Mayhem probably can't even afford GNR (I could be wrong, who knows). Add to that the fact that the band only has a short break between the first leg of the European tour and the second leg.

Why Sturgis? It's at the right time, they were willing to pay the money, it has a solid lineup with the other bands, and it's great promo for GNR - lots of coverage as people travel from around the country. It's not just another rock festival.

I live 'bout 10 hours Eastish also; I'm on the White Earth Reservation in MN.