Let's all take a minute and remember why we are here

Demon Wolf

It's quite obvious Nintari is here for the original GNR, which is a sub-section below this one I may add - why don't you post there? geunine constructive criticism is fair enough, but I believe it's something entirely different when all somebody does is criticise. :shrugs:

I've said plenty of positive things, but those are systematically ignored.

Or outweight by negatives.

To be honest people look at a poster like you and remember the negatives alot more because of your reputation. Years ago noone would think Kaneda would support the band and look at him now.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, there was something someone once said to me that I'll never forget. He said "When you're going to be genuine and speak your mind, you're going to be a polarizing individual. You can't have it both ways. Half of them will love you for it, the other half will want to eat your children etc.".

That's pretty much how it is. I'm not out to ruin someones day or make them upset. I'm not here to hurt anyone's feelings or drag them down. I'm just here because I'm a GNR fan and I like to keep up with anything GNR related. When I see a post or thread that provokes thought, I chime in with my view and or opinion no matter what it is. Unlike some others around here I'm far more moderate in my views. Axl is not Jesus Christ to me and his shit DOES stink. Having said that, I appreciate his talent and ability to do what it is that he does. I'm just not blinded by fanboyism to the point where I can't see the obvious flaws in the man and his work.

If that pisses some of you off, I'm sorry, but this is who I am. I'm not asking you to change and riding your ass because you think TWAT is better then Estranged. So don't ride mine when I say Estranged blows TWAT away. It's as simple as that imo. You can disagree with me as much as you want and that's fine but leave it at that. There's no need to get into the insults and by doing so, you're just making yourself look like a little juvenile prick who can't argue without it.

Ah bless you :violin:

Edited by axl8302

It's quite obvious Nintari is here for the original GNR, which is a sub-section below this one I may add - why don't you post there? geunine constructive criticism is fair enough, but I believe it's something entirely different when all somebody does is criticise. :shrugs:

To be honest people look at a poster like you and remember the negatives alot more because of your reputation. Years ago noone would think Kaneda would support the band and look at him now.

Is reputation something you can control? I can't control what any of you think about me. I mean, if I pretend to be someone I'm not, then yeah, sure...maybe but who wants to do that? Would you do that? If you were in a room of people who hated GNR would you pretend to hate them as well just to fit in and get good "rep"? I sure the hell hope not.

Back when gnronline was going strong, I was posting on those forums when Axl made a thread asking us what we thought of OMG. I was the first guy who said that I liked it and I thought it was refreshing to hear something completely different from him. He responded a few times and one of them was thanking me for the compliment and praising me for "having an open mind" in comparison to all the hate from the fans who wanted AFD2. I spent the last decade wanting CD just as bad as the rest of you. I downloaded the leaks one by one, burned them to CD and jammed them in my car years before the album dropped. I preordered CD from best buy and when the album got to my door I tore it open and listened from start to finish...god I don't know how many times. I STILL listen to the damn thing daily while I jog...and I've said a billion times in here that out of all the solo records released since the break up, CD is by far imo the best of the bunch. I don't consider it Guns N Roses, no....but who gives a fuck? It's about the music to me.

Yet, despite of all this, I'm labeled a fucking cupcake because I don't always have something good to say or worship every note Bumble plays. It's absolutely not true, but again, I really don't give a fuck. The only thing that matters to me is that I'm allowed to be here to get my GNR news every day or so. As long as I'm allowed to be here, I'm good to go. People can hate me, call me a cupcake, insult me...whatever. I'm not here to make friends.

Edited by Nintari

What I don't get is how I could see a topic started called "Axl In NYC", then when I click on a couple of pages it's an all out war of old vs new members, Ashba's better than Slash, vice versa, or random pot shots at each other laid out in full blown paragraphs. I mean seriously, how does anyone have that kind of time? How is that even entertaining? It's not like your going to meet this person on the other side of the world behind a computer, so why bother?

I'm here because I like GNR, and I like to keep up with whats going on with the band, not to bicker about who is a better player, who looks better or how much the band sucks without this or these players.

What I don't get is how I could see a topic started called "Axl In NYC", then when I click on a couple of pages it's an all out war of old vs new members, Ashba's better than Slash, vice versa, or random pot shots at each other laid out in full blown paragraphs. I mean seriously, how does anyone have that kind of time? How is that even entertaining? It's not like your going to meet this person on the other side of the world behind a computer, so why bother?

I'm here because I like GNR, and I like to keep up with whats going on with the band, not to bicker about who is a better player, who looks better or how much the band sucks without this or these players.

Sadly it always degenerates into old vs/ Nu or in most cases Axl vs. Slash...All it takes is one negative comment to light the fuse and the thread goes viral...same shit different day........but to the credit of the mods they allow us to discuss things even if they get nasty....better than some of the other Guns forums which are heavily censored I think......

But it's honestly getting old and stupid. I hate going to either N&D or Former Gunners because it's always the same shit. Arguing isnt going to change shit.

Sadly it always degenerates into old vs/ Nu or in most cases Axl vs. Slash...All it takes is one negative comment to light the fuse and the thread goes viral...same shit different day........but to the credit of the mods they allow us to discuss things even if they get nasty....better than some of the other Guns forums which are heavily censored I think......

But it's honestly getting old and stupid. I hate going to either N&D or Former Gunners because it's always the same shit. Arguing isnt going to change shit.

No,it's not and that is why I stay out of those sections,it's needless,non-productive and an exercise in futility,doing the same thing the same way everytime and expecting different results is a definition of insanity.

Is reputation something you can control? I can't control what any of you think about me. I mean, if I pretend to be someone I'm not, then yeah, sure...maybe but who wants to do that? Would you do that? If you were in a room of people who hated GNR would you pretend to hate them as well just to fit in and get good "rep"? I sure the hell hope not.

Back when gnronline was going strong, I was posting on those forums when Axl made a thread asking us what we thought of OMG. I was the first guy who said that I liked it and I thought it was refreshing to hear something completely different from him. He responded a few times and one of them was thanking me for the compliment and praising me for "having an open mind" in comparison to all the hate from the fans who wanted AFD2. I spent the last decade wanting CD just as bad as the rest of you. I downloaded the leaks one by one, burned them to CD and jammed them in my car years before the album dropped. I preordered CD from best buy and when the album got to my door I tore it open and listened from start to finish...god I don't know how many times. I STILL listen to the damn thing daily while I jog...and I've said a billion times in here that out of all the solo records released since the break up, CD is by far imo the best of the bunch. I don't consider it Guns N Roses, no....but who gives a fuck? It's about the music to me.

Yet, despite of all this, I'm labeled a fucking cupcake because I don't always have something good to say or worship every note Bumble plays. It's absolutely not true, but again, I really don't give a fuck. The only thing that matters to me is that I'm allowed to be here to get my GNR news every day or so. As long as I'm allowed to be here, I'm good to go. People can hate me, call me a cupcake, insult me...whatever. I'm not here to make friends.

Wow, you really take this seriously, get some fresh air for fucks sake - no one wants your life story! We all just want you to shut the fuck up and stop trolling this section with your nonsense. Pretty simple really, but whatever... carry on as you are doing and you'll go the same way as 'Gn'r Dave' - couldn't happen sooner!

Wow, you really take this seriously, get some fresh air for fucks sake - no one wants your life story! We all just want you to shut the fuck up and stop trolling this section with your nonsense. Pretty simple really, but whatever... carry on as you are doing and you'll go the same way as 'Gn'r Dave' - couldn't happen sooner!

You can cupcake me until your fingers fall off but I'm not going anywhere.

Edited by Nintari

Good post. Like others have said, we are all here because we have loved Guns N' Roses at one time or another. Yes, most of us prefer one version of the band over the other. Others love GN'R no matter what the line-up is. Arguing about our personal preferences will get us nowhere. Most of us are just waiting for new music for Guns to come out. Others want a reunion. Some want both. But arguing about these things will not help us receive what we want. We can only be patient and see what happens in the world of Guns N' Roses. And I'd like to say that I'm proud to call Guns N' Roses my favorite band ever. They are and always will be legendary. And right now they are a living legend. So let's just appreciate what we can get for now.

Nintari, if you are on a fan forum and a lot of members there dislike you, maybe you're doing something wrong... Just a little food for thought...

Half the free world hates Axl. Why? Because he doesn't do what they want him to do. When you don't do/say/think what others want, that happens. If people don't like my opinions, that's their problem, not mine. I will NOT be tricked,trolled and/or dragged out of here by some little e-lynch mob.

Hopefully some moderator comes along and locks this thread because it's getting ridiculous.

Edited by Nintari

Nintari, if you are on a fan forum and a lot of members there dislike you, maybe you're doing something wrong... Just a little food for thought...

Half the free world hates Axl. Why? Because he doesn't do what they want him to do. When you don't do/say/think what others want, that happens. If people don't like my opinions, that's their problem, not mine. I will NOT be tricked,trolled and/or dragged out of here by some little e-lynch mob.

Hopefully some moderator comes along and locks this thread because it's getting ridiculous.

Yeah you're just like Axl. What a rebel your are! Trolling a fan forum, that's fucking rock n roll - loser.

Yeah you're just like Axl. What a rebel your are! Trolling a fan forum, that's fucking rock n roll - loser.

The only trolling I see lately is you trolling me. This forum is pretty tolerant, but it won't tolerate personal trolling and insults for very long. I hope you chill out soon.

The only trolling I see lately is you trolling me. This forum is pretty tolerant, but it won't tolerate personal trolling and insults for very long. I hope you chill out soon.

I don't need schooling on forum etiquette from you, cupcake.

You should take your own advice - step away from the keyboard and get out there and interact with some real people. If you did that, perhaps you wouldn't take your persona on here so seriously. "I will NOT be tricked,trolled and/or dragged out of here by some little e-lynch mob" - Whoa, holster your gun Sheriff!

You should take your own advice - step away from the keyboard and get out there and interact with some real people. If you did that, perhaps you wouldn't take your persona on here so seriously. "I will NOT be tricked,trolled and/or dragged out of here by some little e-lynch mob" - Whoa, holster your gun Sheriff!

hilarious :lol: Poor negative, Martyred Nintari :lol: :lol:

I'm here for GNR, and not to talk shit about the band!

:lol:

Greatest post ever.

ROFL. GnrDave would be so proud.