Chinese Democracy album

Stipemanblue

I'm of the opinion, and I'll use the two Velvet Revolver albums as an example, that releasing a double album all at one time makes it easier to appreciate an entire musical vision than releasing two albums years apart. It's difficult, as much as I like Contraband and Libertad to listen to both albums at one time because neither feel like a singular vision.

It was my hope and still is, if Axl says he thinks of Chinese Democracy as a double album, to be able to hear the rest of the Chinese Democracy session songs before years have gone by. What ends up happening is, you have one album you know very well and instead of listening to the artist's ENTIRE vision for the group of songs, because you've heard those 14 songs so many times, you move on to the next album and put on hold listening to the first 14 songs. It would be a good problem to have to figure out if only Chinese Democracy 2 was released this year.

I love Guns N' Roses. I don't have a problem with, in fact I love, the new GnR. But what is the time frame for Chinese Democracy 2? I realize the real money maker for an artist is touring and not releasing albums but what about fans who love albums and would even enjoy an update now and again?

Okay, here's the answer to all of it. I realize what it all means. If there's only 14 songs it means the band gave you less songs but worked harder on those 14 to make them even better as apposed to making 32 songs with a little bit less quality for each song. I can go with that line of thinking if I hadn't heard that there were other songs that have been worked on.

I'm looking forward to hearing Thyme, The General, Atlas Shrugged, Silkworms, Berlin.......etc. I do appreciate what I have with the first Chinese Democracy album. I love it. I'm listening to it right now. But if the other songs from Chinese Democracy really mean something, and I know they do because they mean the world to me and I haven't heard them, then can somebody give an update about what their status is?

Edited by Stipemanblue

It's true...

Just like if NIN's The Fragile had been two albums, released separately. They would have sucked...Too unconsistant...

The Fragile, as a double album however, rocks.

But honnestly, I won't whine too much if they just release it lol Actually, I really do hope it gets released because I can't get enough Chinese Democracy.

It's true...

Just like if NIN's The Fragile had been two albums, released separately. They would have sucked...Too unconsistant...

But honnestly, I won't whine too much if they just release it lol Actually, I really do hope it gets released because I can't get enough Chinese Democracy.

Thanks for your response. I like Chinese Democracy more than The Fragile, even though The Fragile I think is really good.

Axl inspired me in a lot of ways. An example is that in 2008 I moved from Ohio to Malibu, CA. In 2008 when the Dr. Pepper promotion was announced I knew it was going to be that year. The two things I wanted was to have the opportunity to work in Malibu and get to finally have Chinese Democracy. Both things happened and I was so happy. Axl is a guy that I didn't get to hear from musically for such a long time and when I got Chinese Democracy it was like a letter from someone I really admired but I have to say that I feel like even though it's all the more special to hear somebody's new songs and love them because you haven't heard anything from them in such a long time, you have to expect that you'll never hear from them again and there is nothing more they will ever release musically. It's just what a true GN'R fan has to tell themselves given the history of silence from Mr. Rose.

Anyway, it would mean the world to find out Chinese Democracy 2 would be out soon. I'm happy GN'R is touring but if I could purchase a few things from the band it would be great if they released their best concert from the new GN'R lineup on DVD and also release Chinese Democracy 2.

No one knows.. It's all speculation. Everytime axl is filmed

in new York he is putting the "finishing touches" on an album. Just be happy with what we have.. I'd love a new

album obviously, but Id be ok if one never was

released...

It's true...

Thanks for your response. I like Chinese Democracy more than The Fragile, even though The Fragile I think is really good.

Axl inspired me in a lot of ways. An example is that in 2008 I moved from Ohio to Malibu, CA. In 2008 when the Dr. Pepper promotion was announced I knew it was going to be that year. The two things I wanted was to have the opportunity to work in Malibu and get to finally have Chinese Democracy. Both things happened and I was so happy. Axl is a guy that I didn't get to hear from musically for such a long time and when I got Chinese Democracy it was like a letter from someone I really admired but I have to say that I feel like even though it's all the more special to hear somebody's new songs and love them because you haven't heard anything from them in such a long time, you have to expect that you'll never hear from them again and there is nothing more they will ever release musically. It's just what a true GN'R fan has to tell themselves given the history of silence from Mr. Rose.

Anyway, it would mean the world to find out Chinese Democracy 2 would be out soon. I'm happy GN'R is touring but if I could purchase a few things from the band it would be great if they released their best concert from the new GN'R lineup on DVD and also release Chinese Democracy 2.

My friend i agree to all the things you have said.I want so much to have chinsese democracy 2 in my hands.If only the speculation about a november release is true.I expect to hear the songs you have mentioned and especially checkmate (if this is the real title of the 39 second leak that there is on youtube) .My best scenario is that Axl has ready a double album with 30 new songs ,it is said that CD is a trilogy so it would be perfect to release CD2 and CD3 at once. .......But maybe i am dreaming....oh yes i do....Come on Axl with a little promotion the album will sell very much,it will be a success..dont dissapoint your fans we want more music ,more songs.I would say we want all the songs from chinese democracy era...