What to bring to a concert?

Shackler

So, i'm seeing Guns in Belfast tomorrow!

After watching the proshots, i've an amazing feeling about it!

This is my first concert, so I was hoping any veterans could give me some tips,,

What to bring, how early should i go into the venue?

etc etc

We're standing, by the way!

Generally take only what you need. Don't want to lose anything valuable in the mosh pit. I'd just take the essentials.

As for what time- depends on close to the front you want to be. You could easily turn up at 8/9 and still get close to the front (first10/15rows) but if you want to ensure being in the front 2 rows, i'd consider turning up an hour before doors open.

I would bring as little as possible, that way you don't have to worry about your stuff during the concert.

I got to the GNR concert at 11 in the morning and waited outside all day and it worked out cause I got a spot right in front of Axl on first row and I got to meet Ron while I was sitting outside and waiting with the other fans.

Odyssey are very strict when it comes to what you're allowed to bring in. I'm not even sure water is allowed! I know that they have a rule that once you enter the arena you can't leave to go for a smoke or any other reason, so if you're a fan of the cancer sticks, best load up on your fix before going in!

water, you'll need it man, those arena's can be like a furnace

BTW is the concert sold out :question:

Yup :D

awesome, 12,000 odd then? Even so that's gunna be a great show, hope you enjoy it

14,000 I think.

It's sold out at half capacity though, is it not? :question: If you go on the ticketmaster website you'll see that it's referred to as a 'Standing-Seating' concert, which on the diagram looks like half of the arena is tapered off. That's what it was like for Megadeth, Judas Priest and Testament a few years back, but they only sold out half of that lol.

Metallica played to a full arena though as their stage set-up is 'in the round', not 'standing seating'.

Odyssey sometimes don't even let ya bring water in, ya usally have to buy it in there and they take the bottle cap off. Aaprt from that just bring yourself and your ticket lol

Wheres everyone heading after? Suppose theres only really the limelight or Annies.

It's sold out at half capacity though, is it not? :question: If you go on the ticketmaster website you'll see that it's referred to as a 'Standing-Seating' concert, which on the diagram looks like half of the arena is tapered off. That's what it was like for Megadeth, Judas Priest and Testament a few years back, but they only sold out half of that lol.

Metallica played to a full arena though as their stage set-up is 'in the round', not 'standing seating'.

Maybe it's 12,000 then. I assume they've got the same thing as Green Day if it's standing/seating, and they sold it out around 12,000.

Water. A lot. I like to wear jeans, a cool t-shirt and running shoes. I don't think you'll need a cap, since the place is closed.

My tip, is to drink a lot of water, have a good lunch, a really good, and the 1st thing you do when you get on the venue, is going to the bathroom. Because once you get your spot (I hope it's a good one), and you have to go away for some reason, it will be impossible to get it again, so go to the bathroom and then take your place.

Bring some cards too, it's nice to play while you wait.

Edited by ManetsBR

Yeah definitely eat alot of food before you go.

When I saw STP last summer we got there 2 hours before doors opened with standing GA tix, I had eaten a normal sized lunch about an hour prior not even thinking, they opened the doors an hour before showtime, we got front and center rail, it was fucking great. Although in between the opening band and STP, I realized I was absolutely STARVING haha, but was trapped and didn't want to lose my spot, at least once STP came on I totally forgot about it. But it made the 45 minute wait much longer than it seemed, so make sure you eat good and even bring some breakfast bars or crackers or something to eat during the wait inbetween.

Have a killer time man!