Now that Duff Mckagan Has Played With Axl/GNR He Might Convince The Other Guys?

American Psycho

Judging by the footage we have seen Axl seems really really really happy with Duff on stage with him / Duff did also, now we are just waiting for Slash/Stevens/Izzy's/Sorums response, i mean, maybe Duff might convince the other guys to have a big therapy meeting an talk about things? im wondering what Axl & Duff did after the show? needless to say this was the greatest moment on this tour since Axl new hairstyle! :heart:

Funny fact is that Axl has met with all the GNR members. :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I doubt there will be a fully fledged reunion anytime soon if indeed ever. First off if Axl did anything with the old band it would take all of the attention off the new band and it would also make it look like that nu GN'R was merely some oddity that happened between the band 'splitting up' and getting back together. Secondly I can't see Slash and Axl sharing the stage together anytime soon, those feelings run too deep. The closest example of their relationship is that of David Gilmour and Roger Waters. It was twenty years from Waters leaving Pink Floyd to playing with them again at Live 8. Even then Gilmour didn't look too happy and the main reason for their set even happening was that Bob Geldof heavily persuaded Gilmour into doing it because of the cause. Now, 25 years on from Waters' original departure we've had another short set from Gilmour & Waters and Gilmour is guesting on one of the Wall shows for probably one song. I can expect something similar from GN'R. No full show but one relatively short set for charity and that's being really overly optermistic. I can't ever see them doing a full world tour and an album.

I could see Adler guesting at a show and maybe more guest spots from Izzy and Duff in the future but never from Slash.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

This reunion talk is just so very stupid.

There is absolutely no reason to begin talking about reunion.....and as a reunion would really be a DOWNgrade, why would anybody even want that????

The Guns and Roses is right now better than EVER.

That's how I see it as well. The only plus of a reunion is positive press and media coverage. Is that really important?

I care about the music not the bullshit so I don't want a reunion.

Having said that, Duff for 1 or a couple of shows is awesome of course.

There is absolutely no reason to begin talking about reunion.....and as a reunion would really be a DOWNgrade, why would anybody even want that????

Downgrade? Haha. A reunion is about the only thing that would make GNR relevant again.

Downgrade? Haha. A reunion is about the only thing that would make GNR relevant again.

The man is right, it would be a downgrade.

Sure, all the kids would love it, but musically, its a step down, no doubt about it.

I don't think so. I got nothing against the new band going at it as far as it is the only alternative. But the old band has something the new band can't replace in any way.

Just hear Slash playing Civil War or Nightrain on his current tour, that sounds more like GNR than GNR themselves do nowadays musically.

The new band is to generic, and really got nothing except Axl. Axl is the reason to see them, who plays is irrelevant.

I am a huge fan of the band, have been that for over 20 years, but still I find myself bored at times in their shows now. It really isn't anything interesting about watching a bunch of other guys play

GNR tunes, or at least go on stage alone doing solos. This band will never be close to the original band in any other way than Axl.

oh the irony

I know what you mean...but it's not as if Duff did not joined GnR in a packed arena on a more or less sould out leg...

Sure, reuniting GnR would make them the hottest band on the planet for a few months ( like Faith No More at the beginning of their reunion tour ), but it's not as if Axl & co were really struggling either...

I'd be interested in a reunion just to see how quickly it would end and then the fanbase can have a new reason to hate/love Axl/Slash. You know a second break up would be a monumental shit storm of awesome quotes and lawsuits.

Judging by the footage we have seen Axl seems really really really happy with Duff on stage with him / Duff did also, now we are just waiting for Slash/Stevens/Izzy's/Sorums response, i mean, maybe Duff might convince the other guys to have a big therapy meeting an talk about things? im wondering what Axl & Duff did after the show? needless to say this was the greatest moment on this tour since Axl new hairstyle! :heart:

a reunion is not going happen so give it up

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Slash! Slash! Slash! Slash! Slash! Slash! Slash! Slash! Slash!

We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!

No.

We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!

I don't. Name one riff other than Fall to pieces and Slither that are worthy of old guns material. I want to remember them for what they were.

I don't. Name one riff other than Fall to pieces and Slither that are worthy of old guns material. I want to remember them for what they were.

Easy!

Riffs: Beggars and hangers on, Doin Fine, Life's Sweet Drug, Serial Killer, Sucker Train Blues, Ghost, Back From Cali, By The Sword to mention some. And thats not even starting on the solos!

Thats just songs with some great riffs. The Snakepit records are filled with great songs as well, and so are the Slash solo record. VR got some great ones on Contraband too.

Namely a better record or two combined than CD, and written over the same period of time as well. So if you want to remember GNR for what they were, how can you defend a band that is making GNR out to be something they never were? If it wasn't for Slash and the old guys the new GNR would be nothing. They are living on a name created by a group of people that really should be there collecting in on the legavy they created.

Only reason GNR is selling out shows today is for what they were, not what they are. Anyone who actually believes there is another reason is very wrong!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

All albums Slash has released since he left GN'R has got many songs with better riffs than the best riffs on CD, with exception from Better and Sorry. And some songs with better riffs than those songs has as well.

Edit: On topic:

We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash! We want Slash!

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Ok well we now know IzzySlash is a moronic cupcake.

Well Axl asked Slash for the songs that ended up on the snakepit album so he musta thought there were pretty good too.

I'm not knocking the new guys but to suggest Slash et al has lost it is just laughable just listen to Ghost try and pretend its a guitarist you've never heard of if it helps?

I can't understand how you would like appetite and not ghost?