Now that Duff Mckagan Has Played With Axl/GNR He Might Convince The Other Guys?

American Psycho

Well...

It seems to me that the main problem is that besides the fact that he hates him, Axl seems to be more into freakazoid-shred than into pentatonic blues these days...

Unless he suddenly decides to return to the classic GnR sound, I don't see him wanting Slash back in the band.

Or if he does, it's because he might help selling tickets :shrugs:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the footage we have seen Axl seems really really really happy with Duff on stage with him / Duff did also, now we are just waiting for Slash/Stevens/Izzy's/Sorums response, i mean, maybe Duff might convince the other guys to have a big therapy meeting an talk about things? im wondering what Axl & Duff did after the show? needless to say this was the greatest moment on this tour since Axl new hairstyle! :heart:

Funny fact is that Axl has met with all the GNR members. :lol:

He hasn't talked to Slash in 20 years. No even a phone call. Give it up, a full fledged reunion is really not possible. I have a feeling if Duff and Izzy were on stage with GN'R, that would be the closest we would have to a reunion.

Slash said he turned down a 8 figure sum to reunite some time ago and Axl said one of them will have to die before a reunion.

I'm just happey to see Duff on stage with GN'R again, how long has it been, 17 years?

Steven will probably be thinking why not me? He still lives in 1987.

Izzy played with them in 2006 and probably could care less about Duff onstage. Not saying he hates Duff, he probably just doesn't care about a reunion.

Sorum and Slash will probably be thinking like, "oh shit, he's playing with Guns, now what'll we gonna do about Relvolver." See as though Axl was their "enemy" in the media, I think Duff might have a few choice words to say to them about Axl.

I

Slash Could barely play SCOM with M Kennedy. It was painful to hear. I never liked Slash but whats the point if the guy is garbage.

BTW THERE WILL BE NO REUNION. You can quote me on that because its reality. It was fun to get an errection over Duff, but don't get blue balls on old man Slash.

Ok well we now know IzzySlash is a moronic cupcake.

Well Axl asked Slash for the songs that ended up on the snakepit album so he musta thought there were pretty good too.

I'm not knocking the new guys but to suggest Slash et al has lost it is just laughable just listen to Ghost try and pretend its a guitarist you've never heard of if it helps?

I can't understand how you would like appetite and not ghost?

I do like Ghost but its just not as good. Call it age or whatever else. I still like the Slash album but everyone who says its as good as their old stuff is lying to themselves.

also, Axl has never confirmed that he was willing to work on the snakepit songs as they were released. Just more Slash bullshit until I hear it from the one of the other members.

I think it's a reflection on how good the new band's been and how die-hard the core fanbase are that this thread is full of people saying "no." and even "I don't want it." Were this 2002, people would be all over this like flies on shit as far as wanting a reunion goes.

Can we get this thread out of here now?

Ok well we now know IzzySlash is a moronic cupcake.

Well Axl asked Slash for the songs that ended up on the snakepit album so he musta thought there were pretty good too.

I'm not knocking the new guys but to suggest Slash et al has lost it is just laughable just listen to Ghost try and pretend its a guitarist you've never heard of if it helps?

I can't understand how you would like appetite and not ghost?

I do like Ghost but its just not as good. Call it age or whatever else. I still like the Slash album but everyone who says its as good as their old stuff is lying to themselves.

also, Axl has never confirmed that he was willing to work on the snakepit songs as they were released. Just more Slash bullshit until I hear it from the one of the other members.

Ghost in my opinion is easily good enough to appear on appetite. quite possibly because he reformed that synergistic partnership with Izzy.

That's my point the orginal 5 had a chemistry and consistency that none of them have coe even close to matching since.

As for Axl asking for the the songs I'm not sure he's ever denied it although I think he did say that he was forbidden from writing any new lyrics/melodies etc: prolly bits of truth on both sides and heaps of bull shit + petulant postering as both sides choose to remmebr selectively.

Thing is though Axl didn't drop Slash because he thought he was crap or had suddenly lost it, quite the opposit in the Rolling stone interview he said how great he thought he was and he he wanted to make him even better.

Edited by Lines&Noses

Judging by the footage we have seen Axl seems really really really happy with Duff on stage with him / Duff did also, now we are just waiting for Slash/Stevens/Izzy's/Sorums response, i mean, maybe Duff might convince the other guys to have a big therapy meeting an talk about things? im wondering what Axl & Duff did after the show? needless to say this was the greatest moment on this tour since Axl new hairstyle! :heart:

Izzy played with G N' R in 2006 but is he ready for another G N' R adventure? Steven? I don't think he ever will be back in the band because of his background. Matt? Maybe, he and Axl had a friendly talk with eachother in 2006 but nothing realy happens after that. Slash? Axl and Slash are like fire and ice. A lot of things have to be spoken out before they share the same stage.

He hasn't talked to Slash in 20 years. No even a phone call.

He hasn't spoke to Slash since 1990?! Man, the Illusion tour must have been interesting!

He hasn't talked to Slash in 20 years. No even a phone call.

He hasn't spoke to Slash since 1990?! Man, the Illusion tour must have been interesting!

Lol!!

This reunion talk is just so very stupid.

There is absolutely no reason to begin talking about reunion.....and as a reunion would really be a DOWNgrade, why would anybody even want that????

The Guns and Roses is right now better than EVER.

Approximately 99.5% of the population would disagree that a reunion wouldn't absolutely blow away the patched together band that exists today. Just look at the thread reaction of people hearing about Duff being on stage with Axl. I love how people down talk the original band which is the only reason this forum exists.

Slash's new album is as generic as it gets.

So is CD.

That's funny because the only reason I ever cared about Guns n' Roses in the first place is because Axl decided to have weird-ass lead guitar on a mainstream rock record, something I've wanted to hear for the last ten years and have never found on any other release, ever.

No.

It must be really hurtful to Tommy and the other guys to read this after they have played their hearts out on this tour.

It's totally understandable though. The original was the biggest band in the world for a time and released one of the greatest hard rock records ever recorded. If Tommy's feeling get hurt because people want them back together, well....lets just say he's not very grounded in reality.

Edited by Nintari

First off if Axl did anything with the old band it would take all of the attention off the new band and it would also make it look like that nu GN'R was merely some oddity that happened between the band 'splitting up' and getting back together.

This was my impression of whatever has been going on for the last 10 years.

No.

It must be really hurtful to Tommy and the other guys to read this after they have played their hearts out on this tour.

I totally agree. On this tour the 06-07 tour. The recording of CD. All the other crap that has gotten in the way. Alot of current Guns has put alot of effort on this current band. I say it was a magic moment, but no reunion will come from it.

Name one riff other than Fall to pieces and Slither that are worthy of old guns material.

Name one riff from Chinese Democracy that is any way memorable?

I'm not gonna sit here and deny that Slash's best work was on AFD. But, fuck me, I could name twenty riffs he's created post-gnr that are better and more memorable than any from Chinese Democracy.

Most of the people who say they don't want Slash back are probably the same idiots that used to try and tell me that Robert fuckin' Finch was an upgrade on the iconic rock god that is Slashman. Fuckin' hilarious.

No.

Ah well. Most would rather see originals that replacements (yes I'm aware of the irony of saying "replacements" when referring to Tommy)> I like the new guys, especially having hung out with Bumblefoot for a couple of hours but the original band are the icons.

Name one riff other than Fall to pieces and Slither that are worthy of old guns material.

Name one riff from Chinese Democracy that is any way memorable?

I'm not gonna sit here and deny that Slash's best work was on AFD. But, fuck me, I could name twenty riffs he's created post-gnr that are better and more memorable than any from Chinese Democracy.

Most of the people who say they don't want Slash back are probably the same idiots that used to try and tell me that Robert fuckin' Finch was an upgrade on the iconic rock god that is Slashman. Fuckin' hilarious.

Everything you just wrote is your opinion. Some people or many will agree with you, but not me.

So, name one riff from Chinese Democracy that you consider great and memorable?

Just couldn't believe that someone would bring up riffage as a reason why they don't want Slash back.

Still, I've read stranger shit on these boards.

I found the Better and Shackler Revenge riffs really catchy. But that's just me.