Music should be divided into two eras

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Guest deleted_19765

I hate all Bob Dylan covers. I love his voice on his songs. <333

Is this post a joke? The covers make his songs better (not that they can get any worse - ha ha), and his voice is the worst part. :lol:

No way. Only one man has ever topped Dylan, and that man was James Earl Hendrix.

I hate all Bob Dylan covers. I love his voice on his songs. <333

Is this post a joke? The covers make his songs better (not that they can get any worse - ha ha), and his voice is the worst part. :lol:

No way. Only one man has ever topped Dylan, and that man was James Earl Hendrix.

All Dylan songs covered by the Byrds are far superior than the original versions!

There's a few covers that stand up to Dylan's original (Hendrix's is one of them) but most aren't nearly as good even if some of them ain't bad. Besides Jimi's I think Jim James & Calexico's cover of Goin' To Acapulco from the I'm Not There soundtrack is my favourite.

When Bob Dylan "went electric" it changed rock music from a novelty into a legitimate art form to be discussed and listened to. Whether it was music critics or musicians,the day Dylan did that, and when everyone first heard "Like a Rolling Stone", all music changed. I'm also sure Dylan's decision to have a rock band was also tied into The Byrds' covers and how well they did. I also think he just wanted to enjoy going back to an electric guitar and being part of something instead of just being the only guy on a stage with these ridiculous expectations of being a "voice of a generation". It's almost like he hid himself in the band from the world. He saw how The Beatles' fans screamed. He wanted some of that, he was in his early 20s, and wanted some screaming girls at his concert. But he wound up getting a lot of boos, too.

Also, Tom Wilson was his producer around that time, who also "electrified" Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence" and they became a huge hit after that. Their first album didn't do much, but revamping it with rock a bit put them on AM radio.

And of course Tom sat behind the console for "Velvet Underground and Nico" and The Mothers of Invention "Freak Out".