SLASH 'Not Too Pleased' With AXL ROSE Parody On 'Die Oliver Pocher Show'

Encore

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash was clearly very embarrased by this. Just so you all know, Slash loves Axl. He gets very offended when people diss Axl, they are like brothers.

How do you know? Brothers? Don't think so :puke:

Slash did an excellent job Dissing Axl himself for many years!

How do I know? Go read his book, pal, for a start. Other than that, he has told me many times.

Slash has admitted to airing negative comments toward Axl when Velvet Revolver first started. However he was on drugs at the time and has since admitted he was wrong for doing it.

Axl did an excellent job dissing Slash for many years also. But they are brothers, and brothers fight.

Slash was clearly very embarrased by this. Just so you all know, Slash loves Axl. He gets very offended when people diss Axl, they are like brothers.

How do I know? Go read his book, pal, for a start. Other than that, he has told me many times.

Slash has admitted to airing negative comments toward Axl when Velvet Revolver first started. However he was on drugs at the time and has since admitted he was wrong for doing it.

Axl did an excellent job dissing Slash for many years also. But they are brothers, and brothers fight.

Is it amusing to you to try and play "insider?" Do you honestly think all of us are that gullible? Slash bad-mouthed Axl for years, denied going to his house,blamed the breakup on him and villianized him through the media, Slash is a passive-aggressive snake in the grass,brothers my ass-slash is a cancer!! ;)

Is it amusing to you to try and play "insider?" Do you honestly think all of us are that gullible? Slash bad-mouthed Axl for years, denied going to his house,blamed the breakup on him and villianized him through the media, Slash is a passive-aggressive snake in the grass,brothers my ass-slash is a cancer!! ;)

- -

Edited by shakamaker

shakamaker likes to pretend s/he's some kind of "insider." funny thing is that real "insiders" don't have to prove anything by bragging about their connections - especially on fan message boards. :rolleyes:

:no:

Nah, they ain't pretending. fyi

bullshit! FYI

Who's pretending to be what?? Where have I stated I am in insider?

shakamaker likes to pretend s/he's some kind of "insider." funny thing is that real "insiders" don't have to prove anything by bragging about their connections - especially on fan message boards. :rolleyes:

bullshit! FYI

Well,Duh, you state that you've discussed this with cancerboy,and you act like you know what their relationship entails ie: "they are like brothers" I'm calling bullshit on you and your sad attempt to decieve people on this forum, pretender! <_<

OK, so then, for the record: you're saying that you're not an insider?

we've had several insiders on the forums over the years. most of them acknowledge who they are, and this has been verified by the band. after all, what is there to hide?

another well-known insider provided (for years) highly accurate updates on current events and future plans of the band. this person was also able to arrange for the forums pre-sale tickets for the hammerstein shows.

shakalaka, on the other hand, is just some lonely weirdo looking for attention. :sleeper:

Edited by nambis

Slash told a New York City radio program on October 29 that GUNS N' ROSES would "have to do things way differently than we did" back in their early Nineties heyday if the original lineup was to ever reunite. Slash explained, "It seems like it would be a lot of fun to do, just go back out there, and it seems like a relatively simple idea and there's a ton of fans out there that would love to see it. It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever . . . And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

Slash added that any reunion would depend on singer Axl Rose's willingness to do it, saying, "I know everybody's around, but there has been no conversation, like, 'Let's get the band back together.' If everybody wanted to do it and it was very clear amongst us, (it) means we would have to clean up some personal stuff, which we haven't even begun that."

Slash's comments on the radio show were sparked by bassist Duff McKagan's recent appearance with GUNS N' ROSES — his first in 17 years — during a London gig by the band, at which he played on five songs.

Slash said about Duff's appearance, "It was cool . . . he just sort of kept me posted through the day and at one point he said he was going down to the venue with Axl. And I was, like, 'Wow!' 'Cause a lot of years have gone by."

I watched the Kiss reunion unfold in a similar manner.It all started with Peter Criss showing up with his daughter at an official Kiss Convention.

...just sayin'

A reunion would be great but I think things run a little deeper here with Axl and Slash.......... I think Simmons and Stanley would let Satan play in Kiss if it would make them money...money is not the issue in the case of GnR...........

So do you think that if $100M was offered and Axl said yes, but he might go on late, Slash would say no way?

So you thinks it's about the money? Slash is millionaire and he isn't someone who lives like a playboy (10 cars, ships in sizes of a cruiseship etc...).

He just wants to play the old hits again and does it because he likes to see people having the night off their lives.

Slash told a New York City radio program on October 29 that GUNS N' ROSES would "have to do things way differently than we did" back in their early Nineties heyday if the original lineup was to ever reunite. Slash explained, "It seems like it would be a lot of fun to do, just go back out there, and it seems like a relatively simple idea and there's a ton of fans out there that would love to see it. It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever . . . And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

Slash added that any reunion would depend on singer Axl Rose's willingness to do it, saying, "I know everybody's around, but there has been no conversation, like, 'Let's get the band back together.' If everybody wanted to do it and it was very clear amongst us, (it) means we would have to clean up some personal stuff, which we haven't even begun that."

Slash's comments on the radio show were sparked by bassist Duff McKagan's recent appearance with GUNS N' ROSES his first in 17 years during a London gig by the band, at which he played on five songs.

Slash said about Duff's appearance, "It was cool . . . he just sort of kept me posted through the day and at one point he said he was going down to the venue with Axl. And I was, like, 'Wow!' 'Cause a lot of years have gone by."

I watched the Kiss reunion unfold in a similar manner.It all started with Peter Criss showing up with his daughter at an official Kiss Convention.

...just sayin'

A reunion would be great but I think things run a little deeper here with Axl and Slash.......... I think Simmons and Stanley would let Satan play in Kiss if it would make them money...money is not the issue in the case of GnR...........

So do you think that if $100M was offered and Axl said yes, but he might go on late, Slash would say no way?

So you thinks it's about the money? Slash is millionaire and he isn't someone who lives like a playboy (10 cars, ships in sizes of a cruiseship etc...).

He just wants to play the old hits again and does it because he likes to see people having the night off their lives.

Oh come on. He may not be solely driven by money, but it certainly plays a factor. Why not just put out an album then? Why do all the press to support its sales? Why do a Mastercard commercial? There's nothing wrong with money being a motivator. But to say that money is not the issue with GnR is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Is it the only factor? No. But I think it's a big one. I also think that if the money was right, and Axl said yes but wouldn't commit to starting on time, Slash would agree - for the money AND for the chance to play with the guys again.

Edited by Orsys

I think it is pretty clear that Slash would love to do a reunion and get back together with Axl, but he's really uncomfortable with admitting with his own part in the break up. This is coming from a pro-Axl guy, so take it with a grain of salt. I get the idea from Axl that he doesn't want to do a reunion and is also uncomfortable with admitting his part in the break up.

He told you many times? Do you always wake up right after or continue sleeping a while longer?

Axl did an excellent job of slamming Slash in two interviews that I can think of. Are there many other examples of him dissing Slash in the press? I don't mean what people said Axl did, since that was more behind closed doors and through hearsay. But how much of the verbal attacks has Axl actually done through the press? I grant you, when he does it, it packs a wallop.

Duff and Slash both seem to be at an introspective time where they own up to their own actions. Hopefully Axl will too and they can all reconcile because it would be good for them to heal and move on. Independent of reunion, fans or anything else. Just for them.

It was in German and didn't know what they were saying. There was a little too much reference to the past and nothing about who he just worked with.

I don't mind if Slash winds up having a Santana-like career where he gets a bunch of guest singers, he'll have hit songs with his name on it, but I'm pretty sure he prefers to work in a band and not be the bandleader.

Slash has zero expectations of a reunion happening. I think his priority is salvaging his marriage right now.

The question people should ask is "if Axl put the olive branch out for a reunion, but the deal is that you'd be on salary, would you turn it down?" When Dave came back to Van Halen, he's an official band member. They were going to reunite 10 years ago, but it ended when they told him he'd be on salary.

Oh come on. He may not be solely driven by money, but it certainly plays a factor. Why not just put out an album then? Why do all the press to support its sales?

because hes proud of his work and doing promo is what most musicians, artists, actors, writers, generally anyone who puts out some sort of product for the masses does

Slash gives interviews even when theres nothing to promote he doesnt run and hide from fans for years at a time

Why do a Mastercard commercial?

he was asked to do it for the 2001 Grammy's

it wasnt finished on time and didnt air

There's nothing wrong with money being a motivator. But to say that money is not the issue with GnR is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Is it the only factor? No. But I think it's a big one. I also think that if the money was right, and Axl said yes but wouldn't commit to starting on time, Slash would agree - for the money AND for the chance to play with the guys again.

he didnt do it in '06 when Axl demanded he fork over his rights to the back catalogue, so no, its not just about the money, he was offered a shitload

I personally think he wouldnt do it if Axl doesnt give in with the time thing either

bullshit! FYI

Well,Duh, you state that you've discussed this with cancerboy,and you act like you know what their relationship entails ie: "they are like brothers" I'm calling bullshit on you and your sad attempt to decieve people on this forum, pretender! <_<

Not even going to acknowledge your stupid comment with a response. I wish you well in life.

OK, so then, for the record: you're saying that you're not an insider?

we've had several insiders on the forums over the years. most of them acknowledge who they are, and this has been verified by the band. after all, what is there to hide?

another well-known insider provided (for years) highly accurate updates on current events and future plans of the band. this person was also able to arrange for the forums pre-sale tickets for the hammerstein shows.

shakalaka, on the other hand, is just some lonely weirdo looking for attention. :sleeper:

Thanks pal. Have a nice day :)