SLASH 'Not Too Pleased' With AXL ROSE Parody On 'Die Oliver Pocher Show'

Encore

I am happy he defended Axl

Not happy that he did not leave the stage

If Axl comes back 2 Montreal, I know where to get him the best beans and liquor in town!!

I think we see a bowl of beans and liquor in the estranged video...

Times flies

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cqkr6.jpg

A backberend lordswike is not worth a bordar's spittle.

omfg!

are you really a knight?

Tis truth. Thy picture of a bicche is you? For a knight will always lookout for a dame.

2e3a1zo.jpg

Aye, thine knight's only weakness. He shall protect thou, but cannot protect bicches from his own valiant charms.

Oh come on. He may not be solely driven by money, but it certainly plays a factor. Why not just put out an album then? Why do all the press to support its sales?

because hes proud of his work and doing promo is what most musicians, artists, actors, writers, generally anyone who puts out some sort of product for the masses does

Slash gives interviews even when theres nothing to promote he doesnt run and hide from fans for years at a time

Why do a Mastercard commercial?

he was asked to do it for the 2001 Grammy's

it wasnt finished on time and didnt air

There's nothing wrong with money being a motivator. But to say that money is not the issue with GnR is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Is it the only factor? No. But I think it's a big one. I also think that if the money was right, and Axl said yes but wouldn't commit to starting on time, Slash would agree - for the money AND for the chance to play with the guys again.

he didnt do it in '06 when Axl demanded he fork over his rights to the back catalogue, so no, its not just about the money, he was offered a shitload

I personally think he wouldnt do it if Axl doesnt give in with the time thing either

Most artists are contracted to support a new album, movie, book with interviews and appearances. That's why most artists do it. Sure they're likely proud of their work, but it's part of the job. Slash forking over the rights to the back catalogue is not the same as tolerating Axl coming on late. In the former, Slash loses lots of money, in the latter Slash loses nothing though he gains a lot of frustration.

I felt really embarrassed for the so called comedian playing Axl Rose. He wasnt funny, and looked like a total dick.

I felt for Slash having to sit on a television show and watch that shit.

The host of the show seemed like a dick too.

Edited by star

shakamaker likes to pretend s/he's some kind of "insider." funny thing is that real "insiders" don't have to prove anything by bragging about their connections - especially on fan message boards. :rolleyes:

:no:

Nah, they ain't pretending. fyi

bullshit! FYI

Who's pretending to be what?? Where have I stated I am in insider?

Well,Duh, you state that you've discussed this with cancerboy,and you act like you know what their relationship entails ie: "they are like brothers" I'm calling bullshit on you and your sad attempt to decieve people on this forum, pretender! <_<

Not even going to acknowledge your stupid comment with a response. I wish you well in life.

Who's pretending to be what?? Where have I stated I am in insider?

OK, so then, for the record: you're saying that you're not an insider?

we've had several insiders on the forums over the years. most of them acknowledge who they are, and this has been verified by the band. after all, what is there to hide?

another well-known insider provided (for years) highly accurate updates on current events and future plans of the band. this person was also able to arrange for the forums pre-sale tickets for the hammerstein shows.

shakalaka, on the other hand, is just some lonely weirdo looking for attention. :sleeper:

Thanks pal. Have a nice day :)

Hi Shakamaker this is off topic but this whole thread seems to be. Do u know how late in 2011 Slash will tour with Myles?

Edited by sleeper

Oh come on. He may not be solely driven by money, but it certainly plays a factor. Why not just put out an album then? Why do all the press to support its sales?

because hes proud of his work and doing promo is what most musicians, artists, actors, writers, generally anyone who puts out some sort of product for the masses does

Slash gives interviews even when theres nothing to promote he doesnt run and hide from fans for years at a time

Why do a Mastercard commercial?

he was asked to do it for the 2001 Grammy's

it wasnt finished on time and didnt air

There's nothing wrong with money being a motivator. But to say that money is not the issue with GnR is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Is it the only factor? No. But I think it's a big one. I also think that if the money was right, and Axl said yes but wouldn't commit to starting on time, Slash would agree - for the money AND for the chance to play with the guys again.

he didnt do it in '06 when Axl demanded he fork over his rights to the back catalogue, so no, its not just about the money, he was offered a shitload

I personally think he wouldnt do it if Axl doesnt give in with the time thing either

Most artists are contracted to support a new album, movie, book with interviews and appearances. That's why most artists do it. Sure they're likely proud of their work, but it's part of the job. Slash forking over the rights to the back catalogue is not the same as tolerating Axl coming on late. In the former, Slash loses lots of money, in the latter Slash loses nothing though he gains a lot of frustration.

as I pointed out Slash doesnt shy away from talking to people and granting interviews even when there is nothing to promote

appearing as a guest guitarist on The Late Show when there was no album to sell isnt part of any contract

established artists and A list entertainers dont have to sell themselves like up and comers do

if he didnt believe in his work and didnt enjoy the interaction with interviewers and fans he wouldnt be out there all that much simple as

as for late starts, the band loses money for every minute theyre over curfew

Slash already lost alot of money by giving up the rights of the name, legal expenses, Axl denying permission of Guns songs to be used in movies, etc

hes adamant about the start times, has been for a very long time, and I have absolutely no reason to think he feels otherwise

as I pointed out Slash doesnt shy away from talking to people and granting interviews even when there is nothing to promote

appearing as a guest guitarist on The Late Show when there was no album to sell isnt part of any contract

established artists and A list entertainers dont have to sell themselves like up and comers do

if he didnt believe in his work and didnt enjoy the interaction with interviewers and fans he wouldnt be out there all that much simple as

as for late starts, the band loses money for every minute theyre over curfew

Slash already lost alot of money by giving up the rights of the name, legal expenses, Axl denying permission of Guns songs to be used in movies, etc

hes adamant about the start times, has been for a very long time, and I have absolutely no reason to think he feels otherwise

Personally, I hope you're right and Slash sticks to his guns (pun intended) about the start times.