Where were the hits on "Slash"

shotgunblues1978

i just heard CD being played at a hockey game in montreal

they played it all the time last year, but this saturday was the first time i heard it this year.

love the fact they play it. they played better once too. they need to work shackers into the warm up.

--

i've heard by the sword once, i think i heard beautiful, dangerous once too. thats about it. i think both BTS and ghost are radio songs.

as for gnr, i only heard CD twice and didnt hear better once...but SOD was played quite a bit. ive heard it at least 10 times, which apparently is a lot.

Edited by Jackie Moon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just heard CD being played at a hockey game in montreal

they played it all the time last year, but this saturday was the first time i heard it this year.

love the fact they play it. they played better once too. they need to work shackers into the warm up.

That "hoo, hoo, hoo" chant in Shackler's with the solo would make a great goal song imo.

By the word and Back From Cali got played a shitload around here...

Here as well, do any of you guys actually own a radio? Or do you just listen to shitty radio stations? You should find the few left out there that actually play rock music and not this bullshit coming out now.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful Dangerous = hit

Promise = hit

Gotten = hit

Only one of them was released a single.

Promise could never be a hit.

As for BD, it didn't even crack the Hot 100. WITH a video. If BD was a hit then CD (the single) was a blockbuster.

Edited by bacardimayne

Promise = hit

Gotten = hit

As for BD, it didn't even crack the Hot 100. WITH a video. If BD was a hit then CD (the single) was a blockbuster.

It had the potential to be a modest hit. The promotion just wasn't very effective, which isn't surprising considering I wouldn't even know what stations would/did play it. Classic rock/Pop/Top 40?

Promise = hit

Gotten = hit

It had the potential to be a modest hit. The promotion just wasn't very effective

Oh God. Where have I heard that one before?

Promise = hit

Gotten = hit

It had the potential to be a modest hit. The promotion just wasn't very effective

It's true whether you like it or not. Hard rock doesn't have widespread crossover appeal today, you have to do something really bold to get attention. Slash's audience is pretty much classic GNR/classic rock fans, which is fine.

Promise = hit

Gotten = hit

It's true whether you like it or not. Hard rock doesn't have widespread crossover appeal today, you have to do something really bold to get attention. Slash's audience is pretty much classic GNR/classic rock fans, which is fine.

Yeah I understand. It's just funny hearing that from a Slash fan when it's so often used by Axl fans talking about CD.

Hear Slash tracks on the radio here in Chicago way more than CD. The 3 singles he's released are not the one's I'd have thought would catch fire, with the possible exception of Beautiful Dangerous mostly 'cause of Fergie.

Promise would be at least a modest hit, Gotten would be a solid hit and I Hold On would be the MONSTER hit. The latter a far bigger hit than anything on CD. Hoping Slash still puts it out though summer woulda been great.

Interesting if true that Crucify the Dead was originally planned as lead off single. Think that coulda done pretty damn well on Rock Radio charts. By The Sword such an amazing tune, so no knock, but it's pretty clear with the choice of singles he wasn't prioritizing the most commercial tracks and being obsessed with sales....

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Hear Slash tracks on the radio here in Chicago way more than CD. The 3 singles he's released are not the one's I'd have thought would catch fire, with the possible exception of Beautiful Dangerous mostly 'cause of Fergie.

Promise would be at least a modest hit, Gotten would be a solid hit and I Hold On would be the MONSTER hit. The latter a far bigger hit than anything on CD. Hoping Slash still puts it out though summer woulda been great.

Interesting if true that Crucify the Dead was originally planned as lead off single. Think that coulda done pretty damn well on Rock Radio charts. By The Sword such an amazing tune, so no knock, but it's pretty clear with the choice of singles he wasn't prioritizing the most commercial tracks and being obsessed with sales....

"I Hold On" would be a monster hit?

You're criminally insane.

Promise = hit

Gotten = hit

yeah i loled. same shit, different shovel. here come the excuses.

i like the slash album because it puts things in perspective. you can appreciate something without it ripping up the world, who is to tell you otherwise?

well, besides dead flower.

between the awesomeness of contraband and CD, the underwhelmingness of cd / slash, i think axl and slash are neck and neck post gnr. it seems appropriate. we cant have either one pulling away with it or else the extremists will start getting ridiculous. keep it even, keep it interesting.

Edited by Jackie Moon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So any sign of these massive hits yet? I thought we'd hear multiple hit songs on the album "all through the summer." Maybe they meant summer 2011?

I hear Slash's music now and then from time to time on TV, Radio, Internets. The world isn't flat but somehow Chinese Democracy has fallen off the map.