Where were the hits on "Slash"

shotgunblues1978

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one with Kid Rock could've made it I think. Btw, him being on the album makes me think of all these mutual friends Axl and Slash seem to have. How does that even work?

Edit: I would SO like to hear Axl on something with the classic rock sound of Slash's solo album. It just never go out of style, as opposed to the Prodigy intro of Shackler's.

Edited by Changes

The one with Kid Rock could've made it I think.

Think so, too. Cool to hear about Promises getting some airplay, though my only 2 regrets for the album are Tyler not ending up on it after his label stopped that, and as much as I dig Promises, since he had CC wish they woulda swung for the fences with a balls out hard rocker.

But love the album. The solo in BTS a Slash classic.

As far as pure radio hits, Gotten and I Hold On woulda been 2 strongest singles...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

i hold on got a ton of airplay on WIRF in detroit last summer, and BFC continues to get rotation here from time to time. when chidem came out they played the whole album, then chidem every now and then and i heard better once. after 5 months, they stopped all chidem completely. id say slash got more airplay here.

not bashing either, i love chidem. just saying how it is here...

So any sign of these massive hits yet? I thought we'd hear multiple hit songs on the album "all through the summer." Maybe they meant summer 2011?

Back from Cali and By The sword were played ALOT all through last summer around here..

Hits or no hits, it has better songs. I LOVE CD, but Slash (the album) has better and more memorable songs. Chinese Democracy has Axl, but average songs. Slash has great songs, but no Axl. Neither one of those albums are great, both are just cool. Which is fine. Bands and artists (almost) always release their best stuff when they're young and hungry...

Ghost has been used by Kerrang for the little 'This is Kerrang radio' bits and as background music for competition talks etc. Kerrang also use Beautiful Dangerous to state their music genre. They play a current artist big in the charts, like Jessie J and say 'no' then blast BD and shout 'Yes'.

Never heard CD songs played on the radio. Not that I'd be against that. Any songs from the classic guns, together or on various other projects being given playtime on the radio would be sweet.