Probably gonna get bashed for this

Guns n' Swedes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the Dublin catastrophy clip again and there you can see clearly that a glass bottle is rolling on stage. Just got a little irritated that so many people saying that it was just plstic cups.

You watched the clip? Bless. Stick to YouTube comments and don't tell me about what happened. I was there, glass bottles were not allowed, and were not sold anywhere in the arena.

The thing around were plastic cups, and plastic bottles without the lid.

Throwing shit on stage is stupid. I can see t-shirts, bras, flags, etc...but any type of bottle or anything hard is stupid. I don't understand why people bitch about Axl when he stops the song to address the fans about it

Throwing shit on stage is stupid. I can see t-shirts, bras, flags, etc...but any type of bottle or anything hard is stupid. I don't understand why people bitch about Axl when he stops the song to address the fans about it

Yeah, it's all right. Completely leaving the stage is unfair for the majority of the audience though. On the other hand I can see Axl's frustration.

I just watched the Dublin catastrophy clip again and there you can see clearly that a glass bottle is rolling on stage. Just got a little irritated that so many people saying that it was just plstic cups.

You watched the clip? Bless. Stick to YouTube comments and don't tell me about what happened. I was there, glass bottles were not allowed, and were not sold anywhere in the arena.

And of course, you personally searched everyone on the way in, personally saw every single item that was thrown, and had a bird's eye view with your computer-enhanced eyesight and was able to slow everything down to a crawl to ensure that nowhere, in a building with thousands of people, was there any glass.

What is ALLOWED into a concert, and what gets in, is often times two different things.

Not to mention that a full plastic bottle can do serious damage. Watching that clip, the bottle on the stage was pretty full and you can see fluid gushing out of it, it looks almost like an energy drink can that was lobbed. I can assure you that being hit in the face with that would do some damage. If you don't believe me, get a friend to fill a water bottle and have him whip it at your face. See how you enjoy it. After all, it's only plastic, right?

It's not ok to throw shit, period. I've waited longer than that for bands to come on stage without this happening. The Dublin crowd seems to have been populated by assholes, and I dunno why certain people like to defend actions like this.

And of course, you personally searched everyone on the way in, personally saw every single item that was thrown, and had a bird's eye view with your computer-enhanced eyesight and was able to slow everything down to a crawl to ensure that nowhere, in a building with thousands of people, was there any glass.

What is ALLOWED into a concert, and what gets in, is often times two different things.

Not to mention that a full plastic bottle can do serious damage. Watching that clip, the bottle on the stage was pretty full and you can see fluid gushing out of it, it looks almost like an energy drink can that was lobbed. I can assure you that being hit in the face with that would do some damage. If you don't believe me, get a friend to fill a water bottle and have him whip it at your face. See how you enjoy it. After all, it's only plastic, right?

It's not ok to throw shit, period. I've waited longer than that for bands to come on stage without this happening. The Dublin crowd seems to have been populated by assholes, and I dunno why certain people like to defend actions like this.

Because I've decided you're such an ignorant piece of work, I've decided to pick apart your post and make it known to you where you've gone wrong. Let me begin.

And of course, you personally searched everyone on the way in and personally saw every single item that was thrown

I did not, security did. Ever been to a concert? This happens, certainly at every concert I've ever been at. You get frisked, to make sure you don't have anything you shouldn't have. Ladies have their bags searched and a pat down, lads have a pat down. No glass bottles through the doors. Whilst I clearly didn't see every single item that was thrown, I saw a lot, I was in the front row looking at the entire stage. Most of it didn't make the stage, bar four/five items at most, none of which were glass bottles.

and had a bird's eye view with your computer-enhanced eyesight and was able to slow everything down to a crawl to ensure that nowhere, in a building with thousands of people, was there any glass.

Re-reading this ridiculous statement is punishment enough for you.

What is ALLOWED into a concert, and what gets in, is often times two different things. Not to mention that a full plastic bottle can do serious damage.

I agree, in places with lackluster security. Glass bottles didn't get in, and weren't sold. Simple. "Serious" damage is a stretch, but I agree that it would hurt. Worth trying to storm out of the arena leaving over 10,000 standing, out £50? No, that's petty.

Watching that clip, the bottle on the stage was pretty full and you can see fluid gushing out of it

You've no idea how full it was, but you can see liquid come out. What's your point? I would've thought that's a good thing. And more to the point actually, because you WEREN'T there, you wouldn't know that when that man came on stage was actually about twenty minutes AFTER Axl left stage. All the bottles were cleared, that one was only recently thrown on stage, long after the band left. Checkmate.

it looks almost like an energy drink can that was lobbed.

There is absolutely no way you can tell if it's an energy drink can. Cans were not sold either, for this very purpose. Plastic bottles and plastic cups, no cans.

I can assure you that being hit in the face with that would do some damage. If you don't believe me, get a friend to fill a water bottle and have him whip it at your face. See how you enjoy it.

It would do "some" damage, I've been hit in the face with a full beer can before, it hurts. Isn't it good that they don't sell them in the arena for that very reason? I'm sure it would be painful, however with the distance from the stage things were being thrown the bottle would have to travel a fair distance, and they were small bottles. Therefore with the lid I would imagine most of the liquid would spill, therefore making the bottle lighter, and less dangerous. But I appreciate your concern.

After all, it's only plastic, right?

I'm glad you're catching on.

It's not ok to throw shit, period.

Nobody said it was.

I've waited longer than that for bands to come on stage without this happening. The Dublin crowd seems to have been populated by assholes and I dunno why certain people like to defend actions like this

Have a medal and fuck off. A few people throw something so the crowd must be "populated with assholes". Talk about generalisation. I ain't defending the actions, I'm giving a critic on the way in which the wilted Rose handled a situation, and allowed to become something it never should have.

At the end of day, mate, I'm not hounding on Axl for stopping the show. In fact, I hadn't really said much until you decided to get all hissy fit and whiney on my ass. My issue, and many people's issue, is that he went to leave the show after twenty minutes, punishing 10,000 who have already waited a ridiculous time for him arrive, because some prick decided to throw a plastic bottle. Deal with the prick, then get on with the show, like the fucking professional he's supposed to be. Axl is the one with control, not the audience.

I had hoped to have more quotes and talk about each piece of idiocy in depth, but it wouldn't let me post with too many quotes. Consider yourself lucky and go back to lurking, kyrie.

Edited by Conor

thanks for clearing that up

I was at that show too with 7 friends and I saw many glass bottles around, including in my own hands ;)

From the start, during the opening act it was already clear some people were just there to cause trouble, if Axl would be on time or not. Not even interested in the show. They did throw glass bottles on stage, no matter what others say.

And when the band went off stage, they were happy they succeeded. When the band came back and looked there to stay, and they had no bottles left to throw, they left the show annoyed they failed while the band played very well.

I could never understand the public's support for people taking thrown objects to the skull. I mean, seriously. Imagine being up there, singing your heart out and having a bottle of piss his your face. Do you really think you'd be like "oh...that sucked, but lets just keep going"?!!? I'd be mad as hell and do exactly what Axl does.

Why are we talkin' bout this AGAIN? Doesn't really matter what was thrown on stage, glass, plastic, whatever. When ppl throw things at any band, in my opinion, everyone in the band has the perfect right to walk off stage and end the show.

I could never understand the public's support for people taking thrown objects to the skull. I mean, seriously. Imagine being up there, singing your heart out and having a bottle of piss his your face. Do you really think you'd be like "oh...that sucked, but lets just keep going"?!!? I'd be mad as hell and do exactly what Axl does.

Then the stage ain't the place for you. People are cunts. That's the moral of the story. Axl is in control of the audience. If something throws something, deal with it. I'm actually partly in favour of his "If you see someone throwing something, beat the fucking shit out of them", but don't mess up the show for 10,000 other innocent people because of the minority's action. That's just not cool.

I don't think anyone is supporting him being hit and pretending nothing happened. And let's not exaggerate, it's hardly a bottle of piss.

Why are we talkin' bout this AGAIN? Doesn't really matter what was thrown on stage, glass, plastic, whatever. When ppl throw things at any band, in my opinion, everyone in the band has the perfect right to walk off stage and end the show.

At the end of the day, I completely agree that nobody should be subject to having objects thrown at them. However, I'm completely against the band letting 10,000 people down because of the minority's action. I'm repeating myself, I know, but that's where my issue is. Too many people make it out that I'm all for throwing shit at the band.

Edited by Conor

Then the stage ain't the place for you. People are cunts. That's the moral of the story. Axl is in control of the audience. If something throws something, deal with it. I'm actually partly in favour of his "If you see someone throwing something, beat the fucking shit out of them", but don't mess up the show for 10,000 other innocent people because of the minority's action. That's just not cool.

I don't think anyone is supporting him being hit and pretending nothing happened. And let's not exaggerate, it's hardly a bottle of piss.

At the end of the day, I completely agree that nobody should be subject to having objects thrown at them. However, I'm completely against the band letting 10,000 people down because of the minority's action. I'm repeating myself, I know, but that's where my issue is. Too many people make it out that I'm all for throwing shit at the band.

Unfortunately when idiots continue to throw things and a band walks off stage (which I support under those circumstances) the majority of fans do suffer for the actions of a few. It sucks but the blame lies on the idiots who toss shit, not on the band.

It's ok because it's Axl who the bottles are being thrown at.

Unfortunately when idiots continue to throw things and a band walks off stage (which I support under those circumstances) the majority of fans do suffer for the actions of a few. It sucks but the blame lies on the idiots who toss shit, not on the band.

I used to think this but I don't see it anymore - cause it's not like the band has no other choice than to leave in the situation.

I used to think this but I don't see it anymore - cause it's not like the band has no other choice than to leave in the situation.

What other choice do you think the band has? Stay and put up with it???

Yeah. Maybe tell the security people to guide the troublemakers out? Honestly, Axl could get a guy wearing a Slash shirt out in Rio 2001 so why couldn't he do that? It's much better than ruining the show for ten thousand people.

Yeah. Maybe tell the security people to guide the troublemakers out? Honestly, Axl could get a guy wearing a Slash shirt out in Rio 2001 so why couldn't he do that? It's much better than ruining the show for ten thousand people.

Sometimes security isn't worth shit. And it's not always that easy to know exactly who threw what when crap's flyin' everywhere.

As far as Rio, the guy wasn't thrown out for wearin' a Slash shirt; he was tossed for persistently screaming "fuck you" and givin' the band the finger.

Sometimes security isn't worth shit. And it's not always that easy to know exactly who threw what when crap's flyin' everywhere.

As far as Rio, the guy wasn't thrown out for wearin' a Slash shirt; he was tossed for persistently screaming "fuck you" and givin' the band the finger.

Yep, sometimes the security guys aren't worth anything, but aren't they there to prevent such stuff from happening in the first place? I'd say the average security staff could halt behaviour such as that. Telling the audience to point out the throwers might work too. Or just threaten them. Do anything you can, but don't stop the concert unless you're actually in danger. Like Conor said, Axl is in charge there. There is always some rational solution available. Giving in and calling it quits is simply unjust for the 10,000 people.

Ok, didn't know about the Rio fact. Still, it shows that Axl can get a crap thrower gone from the front rows.

Maybe you're just too fucking pissed off? Maybe it pissed you off so much that emotionally, you just can't collect yourself afterward. It's like, I think most people that say these guys should just be cool and collected aren't artists themselves. Artists, the real kind, are different creatures who work in different ways.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Conor: In all fairness you can't say that people that go on stage should expect that sort of behavior? Its assault. Thats like saying a celebrity should take bottles and dangerous objects thrown at them in any situation. Its a crime and you can't go around acting like that.

Axl or one of the band members could have ended up seriously hurt. Would you really stay up there dodging glass bottles and risking your life? And no I'm not being dramatic I have heard of a single blow killing someone instantly. Its fact.

Yep, sometimes the security guys aren't worth anything, but aren't they there to prevent such stuff from happening in the first place? I'd say the average security staff could halt behaviour such as that. Telling the audience to point out the throwers might work too. Or just threaten them. Do anything you can, but don't stop the concert unless you're actually in danger. Like Conor said, Axl is in charge there. There is always some rational solution available. Giving in and calling it quits is simply unjust for the 10,000 people.

Ok, didn't know about the Rio fact. Still, it shows that Axl can get a crap thrower gone from the front rows.

How many chances should a band give the audience to behave? If shit keeps flyin' after the first warning then security quite obviously aren't doin' their job. And like I said earlier, you have to know exactly wherre it's comin' from to throw anyone out.

Being hit with shit IS dangerous and no performer should have to put up with it. Period.

Guest RonMexico82

Fuck this bullshit. There is a 90+ page thread on this fiasco. Everything that needed to be said is in there. Go find it.

Edited by RonMexico82