American Slang

wasted

seem to come to these bands when their on their glossy sellout record. It has a punks rip off The Killers vibe, but having said that I like that American Slang tune and stuff like Queen of Lower Chelsea, Diamond Church are fine by me. I guess The '59 is one I should of got. This guys voice reminds me Frank Black Doolittle era.

I prefer 59 Sound except for the effects on the vocals on the entire album which detracts slightly. Lower Chelsea and Street Choir are two of my favourites though. Aural pleasure.

And yeah both are great driving records, lose a little of their magic come winter though.

There's no shame in coming to this band on this album. It's a great disc and far from a "sell out album." They absolutely have a Springsteenian vibe and they know how to write a hook. 59 sound is good too but I feel like American Slang is the record this band really wanted. Great rock band

There's no shame in coming to this band on this album. It's a great disc and far from a "sell out album." They absolutely have a Springsteenian vibe and they know how to write a hook. 59 sound is good too but I feel like American Slang is the record this band really wanted. Great rock band

I just heard The 59 and I think the songs on Slang are more varied, bigger songs. The reviews of Slang have been a bit harsh, it's like there afraid of a little ambition. doesn't seem like a sellout at all that was just me being selfconscious. they probably both great records.

We did it When we were Young is one depressing song lol

I'd give American Slang 5 stars as Orphans, Old Haunts, Boxer are all great which rounds the whole album as win. Not so into 59 yet, it shows promise but think they nailed it on AS.

We did it When we were Young is one depressing song lol

I'd give American Slang 5 stars as Orphans, Old Haunts, Boxer are all great which rounds the whole album as win. Not so into 59 yet, it shows promise but think they nailed it on AS.

I do think I prefer 59 partly just as I heard it earlier, and I think it has a bit more of a consistent energy. Film Noir is probably my favourite at the moment.

Although I still think Church Street Choir/Lower Chelsea is the best one two across their work.

Stay Lucky, Old Haunts, We Did When We Were Young - the jaded trilogy.

That's why I thought people would like 59, it has a more unified sound across the board, Slang is a bit choppy. American Slang the song is near perfect after that they might have gone to the bar.