Message to all members

highvoltage

First of all, we would like to apologise for not being able to communicate to you guys earlier. An unfortunate set of circumstances caught us out, involving most of us being extremely busy and Eric for a period having limited access to internet while in vacation in Cuba (MYGNR is blocked there, to make things more difficult).

Unfortunately, this period coincided with the delivery of fairly threatening letter delivered to Eric from Guns’ legal team that, in essence, demanded that we remove every and all topics relating to MSL and stolen data files “immediately”. Although we have responded to them, stressing that we do not believe that we have acted illegally in allowing members to hold discussions about the files, rather than face potential legal ramifications, we have chosen to respect their wishes that the topics cease to be posted.

As Eric was away, we felt it was inappropriate to reveal this to members until he returned – as the legal issues of the site are his business to handle.

Upon hearing that we were about to receive these letters, Bumblefoot contacted me on Facebook and essentially said that if it was any easier on us (in the wake of the letter), that it was OK for us to remove the threads he’d posted in. For now, we have done just that. We may restore them in the future at some point (we would really like to).

So, again – apologies for not letting you guys know why we suddenly removed all the threads about the incident. We were caught on the back foot and unfortunately didn’t have many options available to us. I hope this will satisfy any further complaints of “censorship” – we were simply acting in what we hoped were the best interests for the preservation of our site.

Thanks

- MYGNRFORUM Mod Team

The 'Mod Team' failed to represent Eric while he was away, therefore serious decisions need to be made.

Eric needs people from different time zones who can make big decisions based on common sense.

Some of the current mod team can fill these roles.

It's not often i'll take offense to something you say Mysteron, but that was uncalled for. For you to criticise the mod team for the way we acted is cheap and unfair. The "serious decisions" that need to be made should happen from within the Guns camp. Sorry, but what kind of band sends a letter like that to one of their fansites?

We've clearly had issues in the past when more than one person makes the "final call" on this forum and others (sladdi and BP too). That is why Eric now makes those decisions alone. To suggest that the mod team are in the position to make decisions that could affect the entire site when Eric is the sole legal owner of it is preposturous.

What we did was monitor the forum in shifts and take shit off members for 2 weeks like this was our fault (instead of publically blaming Axl and the band) - and then you come in here and have the audacity to suggest "serious decisions" need to be made in reference to our team? Good one! I'm not sure if you realised, but this isn't a paying position - I volunteer my time here to cop abuse from members that think we're censoring them in exchange for "party passes".

I did not mean to offend anyone. Please accept my apology.

I just feel that if you had taken an early decision to block and remove any MSL related activity, none of this would have happened.

I agree. Had they banned that idiot the first time he started his bullshit here, a lot of problems could have been avoided. I can´t understand why people support that guy and all the damage he does to the band.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say MSL just needs to release everything he has. If something was said in emails or files about certain band members, then this current lineup is not a true band. A band should be a band of brothers, or a tight knit family. There should not be any back stabbing, he said she said bullshit, and more. If what he has breaks this band down then so be it. Guns N Roses used to be the most dangerous rock band in the world, now its mostly a laughing stock in the rock world. Its sad and disgusting at the same time. Axl is not getting any younger and each month, or year past is another wasted one, that he will never get back! Stop hiding in your mansion on the hill, reconcile your differences with past members, and stop being a fucking drama queen. The current state of Rock N Roll is on life support, Axl you could be a piece of puzzle and help take rock back to the top.

+1

I say MSL just needs to release everything he has. If something was said in emails or files about certain band members, then this current lineup is not a true band. A band should be a band of brothers, or a tight knit family. There should not be any back stabbing, he said she said bullshit, and more. If what he has breaks this band down then so be it. Guns N Roses used to be the most dangerous rock band in the world, now its mostly a laughing stock in the rock world. Its sad and disgusting at the same time. Axl is not getting any younger and each month, or year past is another wasted one, that he will never get back! Stop hiding in your mansion on the hill, reconcile your differences with past members, and stop being a fucking drama queen. The current state of Rock N Roll is on life support, Axl you could be a piece of puzzle and help take rock back to the top.

+1

+2