Why isn't Axl inducted to the Walk of Fame?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it comes down to the fact that Slash became a public icon representing rock music. I don't want to get bashed for this, but it's like Axl said...Slash wanted to (and did) work with all kinds of musicians no matter what quality and caliber they were. Axl felt that he had to represent himself on a higher standard and didn't 'sell his voice/image' to anyone who wanted to collab.

Thus, with Slash working with so many musicians and being in the public, he became an icon of rock. Yes, Axl is one of the greatest frontmen of all time but his image isn't on Slash's level.

Coming from an Axl Rose fan, by the way, so don't think I'm bashing Axl or anything...

I think it comes down to the fact that Slash became a public icon representing rock music. I don't want to get bashed for this, but it's like Axl said...Slash wanted to (and did) work with all kinds of musicians no matter what quality and caliber they were. Axl felt that he had to represent himself on a higher standard and didn't 'sell his voice/image' to anyone who wanted to collab.

Thus, with Slash working with so many musicians and being in the public, he became an icon of rock. Yes, Axl is one of the greatest frontmen of all time but his image isn't on Slash's level.

Coming from an Axl Rose fan, by the way, so don't think I'm bashing Axl or anything...

It's not as complicated as that, if he wanted a star he could have one, he obviously doesn't - all it takes is money.

You have to be nominated by someone and then the committee votes. Not everyone gets in. In Slash's case his wife and a friend that is an actor did the petition. The one time fee $25.000 is for maintance on the sidewalk ( it must be one hellva sidewalk) every year. In Slash's case the fee is being paid by a coorporation in LA. Slash did not know that the petition was presented until he was chosen. He has not had the ceremony yet. It should be interesting to see how he does. He was way overwhelmed last year at the SS Strip awards show.

I do not know Axl but all indications are that he would not care to have a star. The ceremony is a very public thing.

The lis of people that have these stars is a whose who of entertainment. Music alone is rep by people like Jagger, McCartney, Elvis etc.

Edited by sleeper

Hmmm... its sad that attention whoring gets you famous but it was always that way. Axl deserves that star so much.

Off topic but: Can anyone explain Slash and the Juliens live auction?

From what i see Slash sold off loads of stuff and most of it went way over the estimate prices. People I have been talking to believe only 30% goes to charity!? If that is true I'll be so disappointed in Slash. i know the auction house gets a percentage and Slash gets the rest. I assumed all was going to charity.

what's wrong with SLash getting a star? can't we just be happy for him? what does this have to do with Axl?

I'm not saying anything against Slash he deserves one but I think Axl deserves one too thats all. They both became famous at the same time.

I didn't realise the politics behind it.

Hmmm... its sad that attention whoring gets you famous but it was always that way. Axl deserves that star so much.

From what i see Slash sold off loads of stuff and most of it went way over the estimate prices. People I have been talking to believe only 30% goes to charity!? If that is true I'll be so disappointed in Slash. i know the auction house gets a percentage and Slash gets the rest. I assumed all was going to charity.

It is my impression that after expenses he and Perla are giving the proceeds to LAYN at a ceremony honoring them for past donations this summer. The estimate for last night is being reported at over $800.000.00. The SB outfit/hat and guitar figure was $106.000.00 alone, with the guitar going for $55.000.00.

Edited by sleeper

Why are you calling Slash an attention whore? All he does it give the people (fans) what they want. You act like he's Perez Hilton or something.

Why are you calling Slash an attention whore? All he does it give the people (fans) what they want. You act like he's Perez Hilton or something.

Because he is a money grubbing attention whore.

He spent so many years talking shit about Axl, with his oh so clever, passive aggressive press manipulation... but that wont wash anymore, now we're on to him.

Because he is a money grubbing attention whore.

He spent so many years talking shit about Axl, with his oh so clever, passive aggressive press manipulation... but that wont wash anymore, now we're on to him.

Damn that Slash is an intelligent fellow isn't he. What a master plan. I cannot wait for him to complete it. :rofl-lol:

30 percent isnt good enough for you? does he need to give everything he owns to charity for you to be satisfied? besides, what has axl done for charity lately?

Exactly. I went to the website and looked at Slash's tweets. It's not like it's listed as a charity auction. He's still technically giving away and giving a hefty but not full percentage isn't that uncommon. No good deed goes unpunished.

Well if you are going to make the gesture than why not give the whole lot to charity? I don't know the full amount but he is very rich and famous why not give all the proceeds to charity?

I don't know what Axl gives to charity but I doubt he is the type to run around telling us all about it. Even when the media reported him visiting the childrens cancer unit it came across as very low key.

Alot of celebrities do that, alot of famous footballers come to our local hospital on a regular basis. This is never shouted from the rooftops, the only reason I know is because I know someone who works in the hospital. Also, my cousin works in a hospital where stars like Colin Farrell spend Christmas day with the sick.

Slash deserves the star, and so does Axl.

Clearly, as some posters have mentioned, there are some politics and procedure involved. It is Hollywood, after all.

Obviously one part of the equation is that Slash puts himself out there in the public eye (ad nauseum for some people, which does hold some validity actually- one could argue Slash is overexposed), and that's why he got his star first.

Axl will get one eventually. It's inevitable really.

what's wrong with SLash getting a star? can't we just be happy for him? what does this have to do with Axl?

I'm not saying anything against Slash he deserves one but I think Axl deserves one too thats all. They both became famous at the same time.

Then why did you call him an attention whore.

because he is?

I still think he deserves the star though.

Well if you are going to make the gesture than why not give the whole lot to charity? I don't know the full amount but he is very rich and famous why not give all the proceeds to charity?

I don't know what Axl gives to charity but I doubt he is the type to run around telling us all about it. Even when the media reported him visiting the childrens cancer unit it came across as very low key.

Alot of celebrities do that, alot of famous footballers come to our local hospital on a regular basis. This is never shouted from the rooftops, the only reason I know is because I know someone who works in the hospital. Also, my cousin works in a hospital where stars like Colin Farrell spend Christmas day with the sick.

what hve you done for charity lately?

I do volunteer work regularly with differently charities and spent last summer doing it full time while I was writing my thesis.

I do four half marathons a year and raise about 1,000 per year for that alone.

because he is?

I still think he deserves the star though.

Fucking forget it then. I'm just happy to see him in the news, net, tv, radio any time I can. I remember back in the late 1990s/early 2000s Slash pretty much disappeared. If you were a fan like me you would be happy for him but I guess any success gets derision. Nevamind.