New Arctic Monkeys Single

Snake Eyes

Guest Len B'stard

I've only heard the one song of theirs, it's been around ages, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor, i think it's their biggest hit but i missed the kind of...all the hoopla around it and only gave it a proper listen about a month ago and it's a proper track y'know, it's got a real groove, i love the bassline to it, to be honest i would've been more interested in the band if they'd sort of gone down that road instead of this song i just heard which, no disrespect, it sounded pretty good but...just sort of heavy rock-ish. Not as interesting as that other one. Good tune though and i love their lyrics just based on those two songs, they're quite funny :)

I've only heard the one song of theirs, it's been around ages, I bet that you look good on the dancefloor, i think it's their biggest hit but i missed the kind of...all the hoopla around it and only gave it a proper listen about a month ago and it's a proper track y'know, it's got a real groove, i love the bassline to it, to be honest i would've been more interested in the band if they'd sort of gone down that road instead of this song i just heard which, no disrespect, it sounded pretty good but...just sort of heavy rock-ish. Not as interesting as that other one. Good tune though and i love their lyrics just based on those two songs, they're quite funny :)

Well, all of their first album and a lot of their second were like I bet you look good on the dancefloor, and they got huge praise for that, that is why they are where they are today. But like any other band they didn't want to do the same stuff album after album.

Edited by Changes

Yeah, they got some sense of humour :rofl-lol: Check out the songs my man Snake Eyes posted up there...real good stuff. They've got some songs just like dancefloor, but they experiment a bit... got some killer records!

I think the first album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not' will be right up youre street bud. Dancefloor is a good tune, but When The Sun Goes Down, A Certain Romance, Fake Tales Of San Fransisco etc. will blow you away after a few listens. :)

Then there's the other two albums, fuckloads of b-sides, The Last Shadow Puppets side project and Turner's ep 'Submarine'. Goldmine of genius tunes. Humbug is my favourite record. Look up 'The View From' videos if you're wanting a glimpse of the band as well, hilarious stuff.

While I'm on an arctics rant, what's everyones favourite tunes? Fake Tales Of San Fransisco, Only Ones Who Know, Fire And The Thud, Crying Lightning, No Buses are mine at the moment, so many classics to choose from.

• 4 weeks later...