Fairly Major GNR Collection Information Here

troccoli

So we all know about the Live From The Jungle CD of course. What I didn't know (and maybe you either) is that there were 2 editions of this released!!! Personally I don't get caught up in all the different releases of GNR albums unless there's something significantly different about them. But rarely is there ever multiple editions of an EP especially one as obscure as this. Check it out:

http://troccolitm.com/201104120016401f6.jpg

If you look at the OBI strip on the front in the top left hand corner you will see the difference. I found a 2nd edition on eBay and bought it. I've only sen one other on another website and could have saved $40 if I saw it there sooner. Oh well. Pretty cool, huh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now I wonder if there is a second press Vinyl out there...or a second press 5 tracker floating about.

ive got 2 different 5 track vinyls , one has the promo sticker on the back of the sleeve and the three japanese symbols(letters) on the centre label and the second version is exactly the same but without the promo sticker on the back and there is no japanese symbols (letters) on the centre labels !! not to sure if they are first press and second press ???

Now I wonder if there is a second press Vinyl out there...or a second press 5 tracker floating about.

ive got 2 different 5 track vinyls , one has the promo sticker on the back of the sleeve and the three japanese symbols(letters) on the centre label and the second version is exactly the same but without the promo sticker on the back and there is no japanese symbols (letters) on the centre labels !! not to sure if they are first press and second press ???

If the content is the same, most likely centers and sleeves were made for giving to radio stations. Preventing them from being sold or given away to easy i guess.

If there really is an alteration in tracks or sleeve design, there was another pressing involved. Currently in discussion with a record label from the US, and they provided with a lot of inside information about how records are made and so on, really interesting.

Making something really different, a real new pressing, was hugely expensive, that is why they did not bother putting in new LP's with the item where a track was missing on the sleeve for instance.

Prices nowadays have dropped a lot, so there are even more variations......