Guns N Roses perfect platform to propell into 2012

Guest Gunns

just a change of thread here, so please keep on topic.

Guns N Roses are headlining Rio in 2011, what better way to get exposure, then to advertise this broadcast, as much as possible on websites.

Think of it like this, if GnR (in conjunction with the RiR broadcaster) give an exclusive to youtube (the third most visited website in the world), that they will get the first in depth band interview / or they will be the first ones to receive and play GnRs new? music video in 2011/12/new song from the next album, in return for live broadcasting of their set.

An option to watch the broadcast will be displayed on the front page of every youtube site (i.e non country specific).

thats what I would call some monumental promotion for GnR in 2011, and it wouldn't cost them much if anything as long as all parties come to an agreement. It would basically be a win win for both parties, and would really showcase THIS BAND as being GnR in 2011.

Something like this:

33ffevb.jpg

thoughts?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=178756

"This year's edition of the Rock In Rio festival — which will take place September 23 - October 2 in "The City Of Rock" in Olympic Park, Barra da Tijuca/Rio de Janeiro, Brazil — will be streamed live via YouTube for fans outside of Brazil. "

:thumbsup:

Let's be honest guys. I love Axl and GNR as much as anyone. TRUST ME. But do you really think a live stream of Axl singing is going to win over the public? His voice does NOT translate well to live streams or youtube videos, for the most part. I saw him live in Paris last September and I was blown away at how powerful his voice sounded, but let me reiterate. That was LIVE and IN PERSON. I love that they are playing RIO and going on a South American tour, but any type of hype will have to be obtained via new music released on the radio and promotion done by Axl himself. I can't imagine many people saying many positive things about his vocal performance during the rio live stream.

Edited by Tyson

Let's be honest guys. I love Axl and GNR as much as anyone. TRUST ME. But do you really think a live stream of Axl singing is going to win over the public? His voice does NOT translate well to live streams or youtube videos, for the most part. I saw him live in Paris last September and I was blown away at how powerful his voice sounded, but let me reiterate. That was LIVE and IN PERSON. I love that they are playing RIO and going on a South American tour, but any type of hype will have to be obtained via new music released on the radio and promotion done by Axl himself. I can't imagine many people saying many positive things about his vocal performance during the rio live stream.

Agreed on most instances, however it depends how good the quality of the stream is and of course the mixing levels of everything. Hopefully they spend time worrying about the technicalities and adjusting to the right levels in sound check etc..

I'm sure they can only improve on RIR 2006 :rofl-lol: