Do you think it would be cool if Axl did something for the West Memphis 3?

ITW 2012

He wore their shirt on stage. I think thats enough of a public statement. Now that these guys are going too finally be free. I hope they can move on with their lives.

Edited by AmyL

I doubt they'll ever be able to just move on with their lives. These guys need money. Eddie Vedder and Johnny Depp will likely organize a fundraising concert and I hope GNR and Metallica play it.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=164113

Revolver: "What music have you been able to listen to? Do you still listen to metal and hard rock?"

Echols: "I'm not allowed to have CDs or an iPOD, so I'm stuck with whatever they play on mainstream radio now. Yeah, I still love metal, though. I think metal is the fountain of youth. It keeps you young. One of the local radio stations played the entire Chinese Democracy album by Guns N' Roses when it first came out, and I had tears on my face through the whole thing because of how magical it was. I heard Axl's voice, and it was like the past 17 years had never happened. For an hour or so I was 18 years old and free again."

Revolver: "You've collaborated with Pearl Jam and Michael Graves on music. Who would be your dream artist to work with?"

Echols: "Definitely Marilyn Manson. I love how he's constantly exploring new art forms and growing as an artist while refusing to let anyone define him. Rob Zombie is another one. He is an absolute genius. I'm also a huge fan of Nick Cave, both in literature and music, so to do anything with him would be pure magic. And Axl Rose, of course. There has never been a band that means as much to me as GN'R, no matter who else is in the lineup."

I am glad they are free but I don't understand why anyone would do a fundraiser for them. They are perfectally capable of getting jobs even with their record. I think its just time for them to go and try and live normal lives. I doubt they are looking for someone too do a fundraiser for them. And if they are they can get the support of people like Vedder and Depp that have already tried too help.

Axl has always seemed too be the kind of guy to do charity in private. A lot of public figures use things like this for attention. And thats just not Axl's style. You can give to any charity in the world without putting it out there for the whole world too know. Somethings are just better left private.

Edited by AmyL

I doubt they'll ever be able to just move on with their lives. These guys need money. Eddie Vedder and Johnny Depp will likely organize a fundraising concert and I hope GNR and Metallica play it.

Revolver: "What music have you been able to listen to? Do you still listen to metal and hard rock?"

Echols: "I'm not allowed to have CDs or an iPOD, so I'm stuck with whatever they play on mainstream radio now. Yeah, I still love metal, though. I think metal is the fountain of youth. It keeps you young. One of the local radio stations played the entire Chinese Democracy album by Guns N' Roses when it first came out, and I had tears on my face through the whole thing because of how magical it was. I heard Axl's voice, and it was like the past 17 years had never happened. For an hour or so I was 18 years old and free again."

Revolver: "You've collaborated with Pearl Jam and Michael Graves on music. Who would be your dream artist to work with?"

Echols: "Definitely Marilyn Manson. I love how he's constantly exploring new art forms and growing as an artist while refusing to let anyone define him. Rob Zombie is another one. He is an absolute genius. I'm also a huge fan of Nick Cave, both in literature and music, so to do anything with him would be pure magic. And Axl Rose, of course. There has never been a band that means as much to me as GN'R, no matter who else is in the lineup."

That's so cool what he said about GNR :)

If GNR doesn't perform I could still see Axl donating money to them in private, he obviously believes in their innocence.

If GNR doesn't perform I could still see Axl donating money to them in private, he obviously believes in their innocence.

Not everyone that donates money to charity,or a good cause uses it as a publicity campaign.

I think it would be in bad taste. Not everyone thinks they should have been released.

Two of the victims' parents were on the side of the defense. Good enough for me, given all the evidence.

+1

18 years of their lives STOLEN, a fundraiser concert wouldn't be too bad of an idea as long everyone involved is ok with it.

Read the locale reaction. Sorta like with Casey Anthony...it doesn't match the National....not hating on these guys, I have my opinion on their guilt.......it lies somewhat with them receiving a new trial and such, but if you think everyone is for this you are wrong

I post on 3 other boards that have nothing to do music....one is straight politics.....this decision is one of those that splits....

Edit: And I can't even be for these Three n**gas totally... I mean the Governemnt is say we have no case, but we will let you guys out if you say you are guilty just to wipe it off our books and boost our conviction rate....oh yeah, you dumb n**ga's...by doing that you can't sue us...

HELLO AMERICAN PEOPLE THIS IS CRAZY!!! ALL OF US BLACK WHITE INDIAN LATINO SHOULD SAY THIS IS CRAZY!! OUR GOVERNMENT IS PULLING A FAST ON US BEFORE OUR VERY EYES!!!.

Edited by SunnyDRE

When did I say they did?

Since part of their deal was a guilty plea and there are laws that prevent convicted criminals from making money due to their crimes, a benefit concert isn't going to happen. They have enough rich friends to find them jobs somewhere.

Since part of their deal was a guilty plea and there are laws that prevent convicted criminals from making money due to their crimes, a benefit concert isn't going to happen. They have enough rich friends to find them jobs somewhere.

Semantics, but they plead "no contest" which is different than pleading guilty.