What do you think Axl's musical ambitions are at this point?

ITW 2012

Guest siliconmessiah

Axl seems to value having a private life more than most celebrities.

Yes. I think he´s perfectly happy with it, and that´s great for him.

Although, as a fan of the band Guns N´ Roses wich he wishes to keep alive, it would be nice to see some kind of communication.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Ok I'm sorry, you win. I thought you were someone else- InThisGrave. Sorry.

I was out late and shouldn't have been drinking and keyboarding. Yes this is a lame excuse.

I have removed the offending sentences and deleted the errant post. I will accept whatever punishment the mods lay down upon me and understand it will be justified.

However, Axl is not a recluse. He just avoids having his life chronicled by pictures, which can be said for a lot of us. What I meant by the statement("all the photos and videos") you keep obsessing over and spinning relentlessly is that those OFFER PROOF THAT HE HAS INTERACTED WITH THE PUBLIC MULTIPLE TIMES. Recluses don't go to beach resorts and kick it in public. Ya dig? Considering the number of people(musicians in particular) who have interacted with him during the time windows you mentioned, this offers even more proof that he is not solitary enough to be considered a recluse. The fact is: no photos, no videos, no interviews, rare sightings: these are not the criteria for determining reclusiveness. Why you continue to defend your own made-up definition of the word I'll never know.

All good.

On the topic of Axl being a recluse, I would have to respectfully disagree. He was named the Howard Hughes of rock in the late 90's. John Freese admitted his reasons for first meeting Axl were due to the fact that no one had seen him for so long. This is a guy who was not seen at all when his 10 year magnum opus album launched, instead he corresponded via forum chats and online interviews. Axl has gone years with a photo taken, without verified sightings. Now I understand what you mean about criteria for being a recluse, but Axl is a famous individual. Maybe he wears a disguise or is good at not being seen, however you have no more proof of that than I do for my claims. But believe what you want, and I will do the same.

Guest gunns5

Ok I'm sorry, you win. I thought you were someone else- InThisGrave. Sorry.

I was out late and shouldn't have been drinking and keyboarding. Yes this is a lame excuse.

I have removed the offending sentences and deleted the errant post. I will accept whatever punishment the mods lay down upon me and understand it will be justified.

However, Axl is not a recluse. He just avoids having his life chronicled by pictures, which can be said for a lot of us. What I meant by the statement("all the photos and videos") you keep obsessing over and spinning relentlessly is that those OFFER PROOF THAT HE HAS INTERACTED WITH THE PUBLIC MULTIPLE TIMES. Recluses don't go to beach resorts and kick it in public. Ya dig? Considering the number of people(musicians in particular) who have interacted with him during the time windows you mentioned, this offers even more proof that he is not solitary enough to be considered a recluse. The fact is: no photos, no videos, no interviews, rare sightings: these are not the criteria for determining reclusiveness. Why you continue to defend your own made-up definition of the word I'll never know.

All good.

On the topic of Axl being a recluse, I would have to respectfully disagree. He was named the Howard Hughes of rock in the late 90's. John Freese admitted his reasons for first meeting Axl were due to the fact that no one had seen him for so long. This is a guy who was not seen at all when his 10 year magnum opus album launched, instead he corresponded via forum chats and online interviews. Axl has gone years with a photo taken, without verified sightings. Now I understand what you mean about criteria for being a recluse, but Axl is a famous individual. Maybe he wears a disguise or is good at not being seen, however you have no more proof of that than I do for my claims. But believe what you want, and I will do the same.

I think this video is quiet relevant to the past few posts, not sure whether all the stories are true, but im sure some are. He might have been seen out and about rarely, but that still can be considered a recluse.

Edited by gunns5