OCT 8th 2011 - Estadio Único de La Plata La Plata, Argentina - UPDATES

bumblecool

Well,except for a few photos i could upload of the show, i did not have time to write what I thought the concert.

The 8/10/2011 show in Buenos Aires was perhaps one of the top three in the last 18 years (To me)..

I'm pretty critical and really bothers me feel that sometimes axl work little,the Rio de Janeiro show got me wrong, pulling great expectations!

But..was one of the most beautiful nights of my life, I saw axl really sing with the heart in every song, every scream, and the best mood ever!

To those who say that the voice of mickey mouse continuously, or sing as in Rio de Janeiro (impossible), i mean that i respect a lot, but they are very wrong. The press of Argentina (terribly observer pessimistic and morbid) had no choice but to say it was amazing!

Last year was really a disappointment, not so much for the band, but by the horrible sound, then the press wrote with champagne and many people buried the band..but this change 2 days ago!

I repeat that I respect a lot of opinions, but believe me the show was almost perfect, and while there are still some adjustments to the voice of axl (I'm sure when they come to U.S. is going to sound better), but was in an epic level in Buenos Aires.

The show began with only 30 minutes of delay, the setlist was great, Axl's voice was great, the band played great, when he started November Rain, amazingly started to rain!! Is incredible, but it's all true, and the most precious thing that I take of this show is seeing Axl sings with the soul, and end the night with a face of satisfaction (surely thinking, if I really want I can).

Was an unforgettable night with amazing spices, and with feelings of awe, because i thought they would never give such a performance..

That night filled me with optimism about the future of the band, not to think we have to wait long to see some movement (sometimes lost hope that the band released new material, and lost in the anonymity).

So, thanks Guns N´Roses!! Thanks for an amazing night!! Argentina loves you, and we will love you for the rest of your life!!

294859_2487890113507_1140328432_32988635_1744343629_n.jpg

303106_2487894793624_1140328432_32988657_294310229_n.jpg

Edited by facundo_ramirez

;

If the upgrade from Rio to now has been this drastic then lets hope that its a good indication of how his voice will improve by the time we get a few weeks in.

Maybe I'm hearing something different, but, to me, he sounds exactly the same as he did at Rio. The only difference has been that his voice is drowned out by crowd noise at the other shows, so you don't hear how off he really is. On most shows, since 2001, when you hear Axl without the crowd drowning him out, he's a little Vince Neilish.

Bingo. Everyone who's saying "it's getting better!" is just starting to accept the Mickey Mouse voice again. It's sickening, and I really can't believe how much you people hang off of his hangers.

Have to disagree here. NO ONE hates the Mickey Mouse voice as much as me, and believe me I cringed on a few songs at Rio, but he has definitely has gotten better since then. Chile was night and day compared to Rio, look at "Sorry" that Gunsguy posted on page 47 of this thread about 3 mins in. Sounds really good to me, not anything like the dreaded 'house of mouse'. Doing Rio as their first show back on tour was an awful idea , but I think its hard to listen to the last few shows and not admit he sounds better on almost every track. I would NEVER accept the Mickey Mouse voice, i still wake up in cold sweats thinking about his voice at Rio '01!!

If the upgrade from Rio to now has been this drastic then lets hope that its a good indication of how his voice will improve by the time we get a few weeks in.

Maybe I'm hearing something different, but, to me, he sounds exactly the same as he did at Rio. The only difference has been that his voice is drowned out by crowd noise at the other shows, so you don't hear how off he really is. On most shows, since 2001, when you hear Axl without the crowd drowning him out, he's a little Vince Neilish.

Bingo. Everyone who's saying "it's getting better!" is just starting to accept the Mickey Mouse voice again. It's sickening, and I really can't believe how much you people hang off of his hangers.

+1. It's clearly not getting better at this point. I can't understand how people come to such conclusions. So GNR should adjust the soundmix, get the vocal coach back in, have him drink mintthea. Or whatever the fuck helps to solve this major issue.

Well,except for a few photos i could upload of the show, i did not have time to write what I thought the concert.

The 8/10/2011 show in Buenos Aires was perhaps one of the top three in the last 18 years (To me)..

I'm pretty critical and really bothers me feel that sometimes axl work little,the Rio de Janeiro show got me wrong, pulling great expectations!

But..was one of the most beautiful nights of my life, I saw axl really sing with the heart in every song, every scream, and the best mood ever!

To those who say that the voice of mickey mouse continuously, or sing as in Rio de Janeiro (impossible), i mean that i respect a lot, but they are very wrong. The press of Argentina (terribly observer pessimistic and morbid) had no choice but to say it was amazing!

Last year was really a disappointment, not so much for the band, but by the horrible sound, then the press wrote with champagne and many people buried the band..but this change 2 days ago!

I repeat that I respect a lot of opinions, but believe me the show was almost perfect, and while there are still some adjustments to the voice of axl (I'm sure when they come to U.S. is going to sound better), but was in an epic level in Buenos Aires.

The show began with only 30 minutes of delay, the setlist was great, Axl's voice was great, the band played great, when he started November Rain, amazingly started to rain!! Is incredible, but it's all true, and the most precious thing that I take of this show is seeing Axl sings with the soul, and end the night with a face of satisfaction (surely thinking, if I really want I can).

Was an unforgettable night with amazing spices, and with feelings of awe, because i thought they would never give such a performance..

That night filled me with optimism about the future of the band, not to think we have to wait long to see some movement (sometimes lost hope that the band released new material, and lost in the anonymity).

So, thanks Guns N´Roses!! Thanks for an amazing night!! Argentina loves you, and we will love you for the rest of your life!!

That is great to hear. Wished we had more positivity on the boards!!

I think the last couple of concerts sound a bit better too because Axl's not out of breath..

Here are some pics we have (my gf took em) i was singing like an animal xD, there are like 120 (n videos), ill upload the rest later, after we come back from Rosario show! it was an amazing night, axl having fun, the band having fun, they were making funny gestures to each other, joking with the audience... im still wondering whats going on with all the audio recording equipment, and the 2 recording consoles where beta used to stand! :xmassrudolph: (u can see the recording mics near axl monitor in some of the pics)

What time did you get in line at the show? And how long did you stand in that spot? Cause it looks like you have the best possible position of the main floor, awesome fuckin pics dude, im jealous

Well, i was waiting outside of the venue, under the rain for like 30hs + then another 8hs of show + 4hs of travelling :P damn, im too tired, 2 shows in a row, +600 pics from my gf, what a special nights for us... we still cant believe it... so many good moments and memories... once u see this band live u just understand why they are soo good, youtube vids do no justice to them... not even the best videos... :thumbsup: will be back soon! just need some rest!