If you think this band doesn't have what it takes...

The Glow Inc.

You are insane.

these hired hands might be good at duplicating Slash's parts, but they will never have the Slash "feel".

Therefore he is the only one entitled to play this kind of music.

*end of sarcam*

HA! Funny,but some of the "haterade brigade" would post this in all seriousness.

If they have what it takes, then why hasn't it been done?

Because Axl doesn't want to make a classic GN'R sounding record.

So which version would you consider "classic?" Lies departed and evolved from AFD by including some acoustic material,UYI's evolved once again and departed from AFD,TSI was the weakest link,although there are some good tracks on it,and Chinese Democracy evolved again.

Blues-based sleaze can only be repeated so many times,I like the constant evolution.

I think this GNR could make an awesome cd, but nothing would ever be close to Appetite, even with the original members.

Slash was on TMS Saturday night and they voted on which Use your illusion was better. Slash picked 2. Anyway, I like both, but they are different from Appetite, so any other cds, will be different. CD is different, yet with Axl singing you know it's a GNR cd.

Eddie Trunk also mentioned he liked 2 because of Civil WAr and that was the last song Steven played on. I never knew that. Intersting bit of GNR trivia.

I also listen to Get in the Ring since Axl mentioned that song during his interview. I was cracking up and thinking what bad asses these guys were back in the 80's and 90's. So damn cool!

I had to laugh because the Circus magazine is out of business and Axl is still standing. lol

I was referring to new music period.

Sorry man,wasn't aimed at you but at duff-rose,who stated that "Axl didn't want to make a classic GNR album"

There has been enough talk from a myriad of different sources about more music in existance.The frequent touring/the label/remixing/mastering could all be a factor.

I think this GNR could make an awesome cd, but nothing would ever be close to Appetite, even with the original members.

Slash was on TMS Saturday night and they voted on which Use your illusion was better. Slash picked 2. Anyway, I like both, but they are different from Appetite, so any other cds, will be different. CD is different, yet with Axl singing you know it's a GNR cd.

Eddie Trunk also mentioned he liked 2 because of Civil WAr and that was the last song Steven played on. I never knew that. Intersting bit of GNR trivia.

I also listen to Get in the Ring since Axl mentioned that song during his interview. I was cracking up and thinking what bad asses these guys were back in the 80's and 90's. So damn cool!

I had to laugh because the Circus magazine is out of business and Axl is still standing. lol

Ha! And Mick Wall is still mentioning his name being in the song!

So which version would you consider "classic?" Lies departed and evolved from AFD by including some acoustic material,UYI's evolved once again and departed from AFD,TSI was the weakest link,although there are some good tracks on it,and Chinese Democracy evolved again.

Blues-based sleaze can only be repeated so many times,I like the constant evolution.

I'm with you. I think the "classic GN'R sounding record" refers to the Slash-period in general. After TSI, Slash wanted to make another blues based rock n' roll record (later became Snakepit) and Axl didn't. He obviously wanted to evolve which is only a positive thing. CD did not sound anything like "classic GN'R", because Axl didn't want it to.

What are you doing with this thread - fishing for cupcakes? :tongue2:

Love the track by the way - but I doubt that that's what Axl would want to do.

Edited by The Archer

I'm with you. I think the "classic GN'R sounding record" refers to the Slash-period in general. After TSI, Slash wanted to make another blues based rock n' roll record (later became Snakepit) and Axl didn't. He obviously wanted to evolve which is only a positive thing. CD did not sound anything like "classic GN'R", because Axl didn't want it to.

Cool, I like the Acca-Dacca formulated songs,but I like the evolution and the departures that GNR takes,when a lifestyle changes it affects your thought pattern to a degree.

I'm glad GNR isn't still singing about heroin addiction,and Ghetto wine,but I enjoy reminiscing while listening to those songs.That sounds a bit conflicted,but its the truth. I'm loving shacklers,scraped and Sorry lately.

I think "classic GNR sounding" may refer to AFD. I remember some people didn't like UYI when it came out because it didn't sound like AFD :blink:

I think "classic GNR sounding" may refer to AFD. I remember some people didn't like UYI when it came out because it didn't sound like AFD :blink:

Horrors! How dare deviate from a formula! :shocked:

You are insane.

these hired hands might be good at duplicating Slash's parts, but they will never have the Slash "feel".

*end of sarcam*

Exactly. Slash is the ONLY guitarist alive who plays with feeling. Nobody else does.

I just want them to make *A* guns n roses record, whether people like it or not this IS guns n roses today. They have potential through the goddamn roof but we'll see what happens, Axl had potential when he should have been in his prime in the late 90's but that never turned out so we'll see.

You are insane.

*end of sarcam*

Exactly. Slash is the ONLY guitarist alive who plays with feeling. Nobody else does.

+1

He's only one who plays music...