Neutral Milk Hotel

Kid A

I heard one album by them. A lot of indie bands are good. Most are shit. I hate all their pretentious fuckhead fans.

Same can be said of the fans of any genre of music

I mostly see it in Indie

I see where you're coming from, and I agree on a very broad level, your average hipster is a bit of a douche.

To be honest, the genre with the worst fans though goes to metal by a long shot IMO.

I heard one album by them. A lot of indie bands are good. Most are shit. I hate all their pretentious fuckhead fans.

Same can be said of the fans of any genre of music

I mostly see it in Indie

I see where you're coming from, and I agree on a very broad level, your average hipster is a bit of a douche.

To be honest, the genre with the worst fans though goes to metal by a long shot IMO.

I'm a metal fan and I can attest, they are a fickle, overly passionate bunch. The one thing though is they do love their music, whereas in indie rock you wonder if they like bands just for the image purposes of it all. At least in metal there is no bullshit irony.

On the subject though, Neutral Milk Hotel are awesome, its just too bad their creative output wasnt larger. Its hard to imagine they couldnt have put out something comparable after. I did like how Jeff Mangum

I won't get into my countless problems with metal fans, just because at this point I don't want to start a 'who's worse' argument. But there are definitely dickheads on both sides of the fence.

Back to hipsters, I think hipsters are like people have said, the pretentious elitist jerks who use obscure knowledge of pop culture as a means to pass down judgement on others. Basically they were the scrawny little bitch who got beat up too much in highschool and now think they have some sort of power because they know some weird bands.

But then there are people like me who can have a good time at a Radiohead show, then go see GNR and have an equally good time. It's all about the music.