AXL's 50th

hbkhbk

HAH yea im sure I could write a bit to , but depending on how many people respond that will determine a lot about this project. If this is the idea we decide on, we get a count from forum members then figure you'll probably only get half of those that really send anything. If we have enough people so it doesn't come off as lame , for example a HUGE card with only 20 signitures, then we can go for there. I'm figuring it might be cool if the notes are written on construction paper of a few different colors. But until we find out how many people wanna do this, it's hard to figure out how long a note should be. My guess is that it all depends on the size of your hand writting.

I have a feeling that so many people will sign up for this and you'll have to have such a large card you are going to need a freight truck to get it to him. :lol:

I had a simillar idea as a Thank You for the band for giving us a great tour, but the 50th birthday could work even better. I was thinking if we got one of those really big over sized cards , the ones that are like 3 ft. by 3 ft. and we had every member who wanted to particpate HAND WRITE a short note with there signiture. Have the members mail them to the person with the big card. Then glue in all the notes inside the card and then we can get an address from Fernando or Beta and just ship the card with all these birthday wishes. I'll get the card and put it together if anyone would be down.

YES YES YES!!!

This sounds awesome, we should totally do this. It would show the love of fans without being too obnoxious.

Are you really gonna be the poor bastard that has to glue thousands of scraps of paper to the giant card then eh?

That'll look good when your girlfriend asks you why the fuck these strange people are sending you all these bits of paper with their promises of love. Sorry honey cant explain right now but I need some more glue. HahaI think some of youve have had a bit toon much fucking glue. That said I think Fernando will love the idea. haha

BTW: I'm a girl. I'm not a lesbian either so no, I don't have a girlfriend (sorry to break it to ya bud but there ARE female fans out there!).

And yes I would be willing to do the 'cutting and pasting' part of it (or at least contribute by helping out the guy that suggested this). Why not? Admittedly it would be slightly inconvenient for me since I live in UK but I'd be willing to give it a shot! I was going to spend some effort and do a painting for his birthday anyway (which knowing me would take a total of 10-15 hours regardless) but this would be just as good if not better.

Look, if you think this is stupid idea, fair enough. But don't go pissing on everyone else's parade. And don't go making assumptions about someones gender or relationship status. A simple check on my profile would have told you I'm female. :fuckyou:

Quiet now cupcake men are talking. Havent you got some ironing you could be getting on with.

Nothing says "I've never kissed a girl" more than sexism :)

HAH yea im sure I could write a bit to , but depending on how many people respond that will determine a lot about this project. If this is the idea we decide on, we get a count from forum members then figure you'll probably only get half of those that really send anything. If we have enough people so it doesn't come off as lame , for example a HUGE card with only 20 signitures, then we can go for there. I'm figuring it might be cool if the notes are written on construction paper of a few different colors. But until we find out how many people wanna do this, it's hard to figure out how long a note should be. My guess is that it all depends on the size of your hand writting.

I have a feeling that so many people will sign up for this and you'll have to have such a large card you are going to need a freight truck to get it to him. :lol:

Really? I was thinking the opposite seeing as not that many people have responded favorably to the thread.

We will all come on this messageboard and wish Axl a very happy 50th birthday and hope for another 50!

It would be nice to think that Axl will come on here and read some of our good wishes for him, but as for doing anything else, why? Yeah, he's Axl Rose and awesome and all, but I can't see doing anything special for anyone but my family members and close friends.

I will wish him well and that's it.