GUNS 2 ROSES & LIL WAYNE NEXT SINGLE

Hey guys

Its not very often i've much to say in this section other than shameless plugging but I thought I would share the news with you.

Due to some recent appearances I had with Lady GaGa a few months back we got spotted by Lil Wayne's management and were requested to be on his next single and music video. This is to be released on February 4th.

The music video is also set to be a mini film where Lil Wayne and Birdman are driving around and by chance turn up at some sleazy biker bar where Guns 2 Roses are performing (originally set to be Steel Panther) a Aerosmith / Run DMC style scuffle kicks off between me and them but it all turns out cool in the end kinda thing and we jam together.

Originally we would have been covering a GNR track in the beginging of the video however Universal and myself decided its time we do something of our own so Guns 2 Roses will be performing on that video an original track of our own but still in the image and style of the classic GNR gimmick.

That track will be made available by Universal via Itunes with an album release in the pipeline. In 2012 they want to put us out with Steel Panther and amongst other places House Of Blues in Las Vegas is one of the joints were heading and a few places in New York. We start filming in a couple of weeks. We are working on the new song today.

Anyways not much else i can say other than watch this space.

Thank you everyone who has supported us on this forum and at our shows throughout the years.

That's very cool but...and that's none of my business so don't take it the wrong way, isn't this the perfect occasion to change the name of the band ?

I mean, you are going to get very decent exposure with that video, people will check you out, you're going to release original music so don't you think that you might be better off with a name that doesn't scream Guns n' Roses ?

I can't help but think you'd be more successful after that kind of exposure with a name that doesn't scream "cover band", especially since you plan to release original music...

Once again, don't take that comment the wrong way, absolutely not hatin', just thinkin' ! :thumbsup:

That's very cool but...and that's none of my business so don't take it the wrong way, isn't this the perfect occasion to change the name of the band ?

I mean, you are going to get very decent exposure with that video, people will check you out, you're going to release original music so don't you think that you might be better off with a name that doesn't scream Guns n' Roses ?

I can't help but think you'd be more successful after that kind of exposure with a name that doesn't scream "cover band", especially since you plan to release original music...

Once again, don't take that comment the wrong way, absolutely not hatin', just thinkin' ! :thumbsup:

Eventually i think we will evolve into something else however its their request for the gimmick at least in the early days.

An Aerosmith tribute from Italy got signed with Warner Music in the same vain.

Much of our success has been cos we were a cover band and as much as some people hate that word we still reached heights worldwide that surpassed any other Gnr tribute and many signed original bands. The Guns N Roses cover band Guns 2 Roses will always exist but there will defo be a point of change where we'll take the gimmic down a notch should we totally go original.

This is insanely awesome - well done man. How are things for that Aerosmith band going then?? I hope eventually you do manage to make the change over and look forward to hearing your original stuff. Another kick-ass rock band out there is never a bad thing :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Production for The first Guns 2 Roses original single is underway. Ironically titled "(Just) Be Yourself" lets just call it an ironic musical autobiography.

This will be featured on the upcoming Lil Wayne video with its own release in late February.

Lyrics by Me

www.guns2roses.co.uk

Music by Jacky Rogue of Kitty Lipps

https://www.facebook.com/KittyLipps

Backing Vocals by Natalie of BABY GAGA (formerly known as SkynyrdGirl on here and HTGTH i believe).

https://www.facebook.com/nataliebabygaga

• 1 month later...

Some slight changes to the original plan. The Lil Wayne thing has been postponed to the summer the single by Guns 2 Roses to be used is Just Be Yourself. Since the original plan its been picked up by Steel Panther's managment who actually want to push it as a single. I guess they see Guns 2 Roses a bit like Steel Panther a bunch of guys dressed someone they ain't. Lol anyways big things on the horizon will keep you all posted. Thank you to everyone who supported me and Guns 2 Roses thus far.

The single is being preview tonight in Wimbledon London.

419212_10150735425701515_509291514_11388757_2086063051_n.jpg