Axl Rose spotted at Golden Globes CAA bash

Tabitha27

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine being in the same room with Salma Hayek.

Shwing! I thought she was soooo sexy in from dusk til dawn.

I'd have trouble walking/kidnapping her.

You could kidnap her and then when you end up in court perhaps Axl will be on the jury! :D

No she will say its consensual :D

maybe not the right place to post but:

Dita Von Teese @DitaVonTeese http://twitter.com/#!/ditavonteese

Tonight I met Axl Rose, and he started a conversation about burlesque with me.

burlesque...?

Wow, that is just strange...

Why? She's kinda the queen of burlesque.

It's like you meet Axl Rose and start a conversation about R'n'R with him.

burlesque...?

Its more the fact that he even knows/cares enough about burlesque to start up a conversation about it? Forgive me for being a little take a back, guess there's no account for what Axl's into...

burlesque...?

Its more the fact that he even knows/cares enough about burlesque to start up a conversation about it? Forgive me for being a little take a back, guess there's no account for what Axl's into...

Yeah, it was quite a surprise for me too, but a nice one. He must have a really inquiring nature.

Not so reclusive after all, is he?

Let's not get too enthusiastic here. I agree he has been out more than usual since the tour ended, but don't forget the 6 year span where there were 3-4 pictures of him at best, then the 4 year gap from sometime in 2002 to early 2006 where he was only seen once. Or from mid 2007 to late 2009 where he went MIA during the album release... I do hope he doesn't stay out of the picture altogether.

The absence of photos nor videos is not sufficient evidence to substantiate reclusiveness. It just means he successfully evaded the media. A true recluse wouldn't fly to Europe to watch an F1 race and grant a television interview. Axl's sly. He flies under the radar when he so chooses.

No, he also evaded society and people outside the media. A very well known celebrity doesn't go out and about for 6 years with only 3-4 pictures taken.

It's also funny that you say an absence of photos/video does not equate to being a recluse but then you use the presence of photos/video/print to justify him not being a recluse. A recluse also doesn't have to stay in his house for his whole life. He has bouts of being a recluse that's for sure.

Um, wow. I guess I forgot who I was dealing with here. Ever the incessant cupcake you are.

#1 He had plenty of dealings with all kinds of people: management, record company, lawyers, musicians. It's plainly obvious that you've made up your own little definition of "recluse" and therefore think you're right about assigning this fabricated definition to Axl. All bullshit.

#2 Don't try to get smart about logic, buddy. Nice try though. Here's the deal: recluses don't get on camera! Recluses don't travel to F1 races in front of 100s of 1000's of people n do an interview on the paddock! Like I said before: the absence of photos nor videos doesn't prove he was a recluse. However, the presence of a photo or a video indisputably proves he is not a recluse. Ooh, sick logic burn on you. I know, it stings doesn't it? You see, reclusiveness isn't something that can just be turned on or off like a toggle switch. That's why you're so full of shit with your made-up delusions about the definition of the word. You wanna know who a true recluse was? Howard Hughes. Like I said before, Axl just likes to fly under the radar. It's really not that hard to be stealthy, y'know.

I think it's accurate to call Axl a recluse to some extent. He did have dealings with plenty of people, but he disappeared for over a decade from public eye.

Think about it. He was THE biggest rock star out there in the early '90s and then nothing. You didn't hear a word, rarely saw pictures. There were even musicians who admitted that they agreed to work with him because they were just falt out interested to see what he looked like and what became of him.

Axl Rose did it his way, that's for sure. There's nothing wrong with falling off. But it IS nice to see a few pics here or there or see him out and about.

If you had a lot of contempt for the media, wouldn't you try to be stealthy too? Axl's a fuckin ninja, I'm tellin ya.

Yes. And I'm not saying the guy holed up in his house all those years. But it was a bizarre disappearing act from the public eye that not many people pulled off. The funny thing is, he was there for anyone who wanted to see him. All you had to do is go out and see the tours. haha

Let's not get too enthusiastic here. I agree he has been out more than usual since the tour ended, but don't forget the 6 year span where there were 3-4 pictures of him at best, then the 4 year gap from sometime in 2002 to early 2006 where he was only seen once. Or from mid 2007 to late 2009 where he went MIA during the album release... I do hope he doesn't stay out of the picture altogether.

The absence of photos nor videos is not sufficient evidence to substantiate reclusiveness. It just means he successfully evaded the media. A true recluse wouldn't fly to Europe to watch an F1 race and grant a television interview. Axl's sly. He flies under the radar when he so chooses.

No, he also evaded society and people outside the media. A very well known celebrity doesn't go out and about for 6 years with only 3-4 pictures taken.

It's also funny that you say an absence of photos/video does not equate to being a recluse but then you use the presence of photos/video/print to justify him not being a recluse. A recluse also doesn't have to stay in his house for his whole life. He has bouts of being a recluse that's for sure.

Um, wow. I guess I forgot who I was dealing with here. Ever the incessant cupcake you are.

#1 He had plenty of dealings with all kinds of people: management, record company, lawyers, musicians. It's plainly obvious that you've made up your own little definition of "recluse" and therefore think you're right about assigning this fabricated definition to Axl. All bullshit.

#2 Don't try to get smart about logic, buddy. Nice try though. Here's the deal: recluses don't get on camera! Recluses don't travel to F1 races in front of 100s of 1000's of people n do an interview on the paddock! Like I said before: the absence of photos nor videos doesn't prove he was a recluse. However, the presence of a photo or a video indisputably proves he is not a recluse. Ooh, sick logic burn on you. I know, it stings doesn't it? You see, reclusiveness isn't something that can just be turned on or off like a toggle switch. That's why you're so full of shit with your made-up delusions about the definition of the word. You wanna know who a true recluse was? Howard Hughes. Like I said before, Axl just likes to fly under the radar. It's really not that hard to be stealthy, y'know.

I'm a cupcake? Lolll that's what you call everyone who doesn't swing on Axl's nuts. Even Howard Hughes had dealings with people, he had a team of doctors/entourage living and traveling with him. Axl's dealings were done mainly over the phone. You are the last to talk about logic when you are on Axl's nuts all the time. Recluses don't get on camera? Are you making up your own definitions now? Does it hurt you that the majority of people think Axl is a recluse? Ohhh poor baby. He was even termed the "Howard Hughes of rock", surely that was just the media being mean and nasty to poor ol' Axl. It's ok bro, you can make it!

Edited by Young_Gun

That's what i've always wondereerd. Is it that the paps aren't interested in Axl anymore coz his fame has faded or they don't recognise him or does he just avoid where they are or is it that he really does spend most of his time in his house?!

I'm a cupcake? Lolll that's what you call everyone who doesn't swing on Axl's nuts. Even Howard Hughes had dealings with people, he had a team of doctors/entourage living and traveling with him. Axl's dealings were done mainly over the phone. You are the last to talk about logic when you are on Axl's nuts all the time. Recluses don't get on camera? Are you making up your own definitions now? Does it hurt you that the majority of people think Axl is a recluse? Ohhh poor baby. He was even termed the "Howard Hughes of rock", surely that was just the media being mean and nasty to poor ol' Axl. It's ok bro, you can make it!

Oh lookee there, I musta touched a nerve. I don't swing on Axl's nuts. I'M HIS BOARD-APPOINTED MESSAGEBOARD PR GUY, MOTHERFUCKER! Haha. Well since you brought up definitions, here's one: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/recluse: "A person who withdraws from the world to live in seclusion and often in solitude." So let me see if I understand this: Axl living with Beta and Fernando, whilst also working in the studio with musicians, friends, producers and other peeps is all well within the boundaries of reclusiveness. You're seriously out of your gourd.

You can call me an Axl nut swinger all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I imagine it does since you're one of the most annoying whiners and nitpickers on this board. Example: your posts in this thread. Whoops. It bothered you I pointed out the dichotomy between calling someone a recluse while they're mingling at some Golden Globe party. Which reminds me, that's what this thread is about: an Axl sighting at this Golden Globe thing. I guess that means you can go back to your "Axl doesn't meet my standards for behavior" schtick on the forum. But since this thread is about a social event, maybe you best be running along now? lulz

Oh lookee there, I musta touched a nerve. I don't swing on Axl's nuts. I'M HIS BOARD-APPOINTED MESSAGEBOARD PR GUY, MOTHERFUCKER! Haha. Well since you brought up definitions, here's one: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/recluse: "A person who withdraws from the world to live in seclusion and often in solitude." So let me see if I understand this: Axl living with Beta and Fernando, whilst also working in the studio with musicians, friends, producers and other peeps is all well within the boundaries of reclusiveness. You're seriously out of your gourd.

You can call me an Axl nut swinger all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I imagine it does since you're one of the most annoying whiners and nitpickers on this board. Example: your posts in this thread. Whoops. It bothered you I pointed out the dichotomy between calling someone a recluse while they're mingling at some Golden Globe party. Which reminds me, that's what this thread is about: an Axl sighting at this Golden Globe thing. I guess that means you can go back to your "Axl doesn't meet my standards for behavior" schtick on the forum. But since this thread is about a social event, maybe you best be running along now? lulz

Lol you truly are delusional, "board-appointed messageboard PR guy"... Let me bring up another definition for recluse:

a person who lives in seclusion or apart from society, often for religious meditation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/recluse

Beta, Fernando etc etc are not considered society. Even Howard Hughes had an entourage living with him and you cited him as a true recluse. BOOM SNAP!

If you look at my posts, you will actually find most of them are not anti-Axl at all. Of course I'm not a total nut-swinging, so you see me as the enemy and whilst you do try and back up some of your points(poorly however), you still resort to name calling and insults such as "mother fucker"... I will post in any god-damn thread I wish as long as it's in accordance with forum rules. Since you brought up the recluse aspect in this very thread, how about you use some of the minimal logic you have and apply it to yourself.

Lol you truly are delusional, "board-appointed messageboard PR guy"... Let me bring up another definition for recluse:

Do you hear a whooshing sound over your head? Or is it just easier to play stupid and think i was being literal.

a person who lives in seclusion or apart from society, often for religious meditation.

Beta, Fernando etc etc are not considered society. Even Howard Hughes had an entourage living with him and you cited him as a true recluse. BOOM SNAP!

Dude, you're still twisting the meaning. Howard Hughes didn't leave the top floor of the hotel FOR YEARS. Once again, you have ZERO evidence to substantiate that Axl stayed indoors.

If you look at my posts, you will actually find most of them are not anti-Axl at all. Of course I'm not a total nut-swinging, so you see me as the enemy and whilst you do try and back up some of your points(poorly however), you still resort to name calling and insults such as "mother fucker"... I will post in any god-damn thread I wish as long as it's in accordance with forum rules.

Oh I've looked at your quotes buddy. Here's one of your delightful contributions to this board:

Oh yeah, with this band it is best to expect very little. I don't get my hopes up anymore. Focus on other things and visit the forum to see if anything is new and that's it.

Like I said, you're a complainer and an annoying malcontent whiny bitch, and I found hundreds of quotes that are similar to the grandiose-sense-of-entitlement gem in the quote above. Interesting that you have well over TWO THOUSAND posts on this board yet you "expect very little." That either means you're a cupcake who's here to share your own unhappiness with the rest of us, or you just really like to discuss a band that you expect very little from. Hmm, somethin don't add up there, jeebus.

Since you brought up the recluse aspect in this very thread, how about you use some of the minimal logic you have and apply it to yourself.

I guess it stings that you can't back up your bullshit premise that Axl never left the house for 4 years, whereas it's well documented Hughes didn't leave the Desert Inn for 4 years. All you can say definitively is: the media didn't see Axl very often. Whoops. You fail. Again. Good luck on your first philosophy class. Maybe polish it off with a good English or Rhetoric course afterward.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

Do you hear a whooshing sound over your head? Or is it just easier to play stupid and think i was being literal.

Dude, you're still twisting the meaning. Howard Hughes didn't leave the top floor of the hotel FOR YEARS. Once again, you have ZERO evidence to substantiate that Axl stayed indoors.

If you look at my posts, you will actually find most of them are not anti-Axl at all. Of course I'm not a total nut-swinging, so you see me as the enemy and whilst you do try and back up some of your points(poorly however), you still resort to name calling and insults such as "mother fucker"... I will post in any god-damn thread I wish as long as it's in accordance with forum rules.

Oh I've looked at your quotes buddy. Here's one of your delightful contributions to this board:

Oh yeah, with this band it is best to expect very little. I don't get my hopes up anymore. Focus on other things and visit the forum to see if anything is new and that's it.

Like I said, you're a complainer and an annoying malcontent whiny bitch, and I found hundreds of quotes that are similar to the grandiose-sense-of-entitlement gem in the quote above.

Since you brought up the recluse aspect in this very thread, how about you use some of the minimal logic you have and apply it to yourself.

I guess it stings that you can't back up your bullshit premise that Axl never left the house for 4 years, whereas it's well documented Hughes didn't leave the Desert Inn for 4 years. All you can say definitively is: the media didn't see Axl very often. Whoops. You fail. Again. Good luck on your first philosophy class. Maybe polish it off with a good English or Rhetoric course afterward.

Regarding my quote of "expect very little" I did not mean to in a negative aspect at all, just in terms out musical output. I had nothing but praise for the last tour(Rio aside), but obviously you won't post those. And it has been documented that Axl is a recluse, numerous articles and people involved have stated this. Guess it hurts you that your god is not perfect.