Lafayette

laffy

well I grew up in a town with about 1,000 pop. So too me 40,000 is quite big. lol

I have been living in a city of 200,000. So for me, anything below 100k is small.

On the other hand, our capital is 1,7 mil - and compared to that my city is small.

It's always a matter of scale...

Edited by DrDrei

Being Abused and mindfucked,and kicked out isn't a picnic in the Park.

Knowing ur mother stood by and allowed/enabled it to happen is a fucked thing.

All evidence points to the local police having issues as well.

Yup, all true. Stepdad was a nightmare, mom enabled, cops hated him... (he had issues with authority). ;)

But his grandmother loved him unconditionally, he was her world, and she deserved better. (Sorry Axl).

Being Abused and mindfucked,and kicked out isn't a picnic in the Park.

Knowing ur mother stood by and allowed/enabled it to happen is a fucked thing.

All evidence points to the local police having issues as well.

Yup, all true. Stepdad was a nightmare, mom enabled, cops hated him... (he had issues with authority). ;)

But his grandmother loved him unconditionally, he was her world, and she deserved better. (Sorry Axl).

Going on second hand information,isn't always accurate. Obviously cared due to the dedication of KOHD and comments during gig.

Imo,it's sort of borderline Stalker-Creepy to judge people u don't know by percieved personal actions/interactions w/family + friends/former friends.

That can paint the picture distorted.

Edited by sailaway

Going on second hand information,isn't always accurate. Obviously cared due to the dedication of KOHD and comments during gig.

Imo,it's sort of borderline Stalker-Creepy to judge people u don't know by percieved personal actions/interactions w/family + friends/former friends.

1) Assuming its second hand information isn't always accurate. 2) Dedicating a song to your recently-deceased grandmother doesn't exactly replace visits, phone calls, gifts, acknowledgments while she was alive. 3) Judging the situation based on the dedication of a song is sillier than judging on even those 'perceived' actions/interactions.

1) Assuming its second hand information isn't always accurate. 2) Dedicating a song to your recently-deceased grandmother doesn't exactly replace visits, phone calls, gifts, acknowledgments while she was alive. 3) Judging the situation based on the dedication of a song is sillier than judging on even those 'perceived' actions/interactions.

The song dedication,comments are real.Anyone present can tell you that it happened.I think it's even on Utube.

Anything else is supposition and guesswork,unless you have some firsthand knowledge and if so enlighten us! Do you know for a fact that no visits,phone calls,and gifts were ever sent? Is this how you judge someone's feelings?

I'm through discussing this,it is a private matter.

"dedicated to my grandma that passed away"

Anna A. Lintner, age 96, passed away Monday, Oct. 17, 2011.

Thank you :)

The song dedication,comments are real.Anyone present can tell you that it happened.I think it's even on Utube.

Anything else is supposition and guesswork,unless you have some firsthand knowledge and if so enlighten us! Do you know for a fact that no visits,phone calls,and gifts were ever sent? Is this how you judge someone's feelings?

Of course the dedication is real. <_< I found it pretty detached at the time, which didn't surprise me.

Yes I know for a fact about the visits, etc.

The original post brought up 'family tragedies and bad memories', and another one said 'he was supposed to be close to' his grandmother. All the information about this has come from Axl and Axl alone. Don't you think that Axl can "paint the picture distorted" as well?

He can talk about his feelings and present a skewered view that's public because he's a rock star and it's published in magazines. It becomes a private matter when any side other is presented. Nature of the beast. But its still not fair.

I'm not judging Axl's feelings, he feels what he feels. I do know he has his reasons, just don't really agree with them. He's made his own life better, I'll agree with that, but I think the payback to the family was overkill. At least probably to his mother and definitely to his grandmother.

Of course the dedication is real. <_< I found it pretty detached at the time, which didn't surprise me.

Yes I know for a fact about the visits, etc.

The original post brought up 'family tragedies and bad memories', and another one said 'he was supposed to be close to' his grandmother. All the information about this has come from Axl and Axl alone. Don't you think that Axl can "paint the picture distorted" as well?

He can talk about his feelings and present a skewered view that's public because he's a rock star and it's published in magazines. It becomes a private matter when any side other is presented. Nature of the beast. But its still not fair.

I'm not judging Axl's feelings, he feels what he feels. I do know he has his reasons, just don't really agree with them. He's made his own life better, I'll agree with that, but I think the payback to the family was overkill. At least probably to his mother and definitely to his grandmother.

You don't have to agree or judge and you do not "know for a fact" unless you can present such in an undeniable first-hand account.

We are done now.

You don't have to agree or judge and you do not "know for a fact" unless you can present such in an undeniable first-hand account.

We are done now.

Proper terminology would be you don't 'believe' I know for a fact.

Good with done.

We are done now.

Proper terminology would be you don't 'believe' I know for a fact.

Good with done.

Need no "terminolgy revision" Original post stands.

It's actually not a small town whatsoever. By small town, it's not Chicago, New York or Los Angeles, but save for huge rock bands visiting or having professional sports teams, the city has everything else to offer. Before I visited, I figured Axl grew up in something like a trailer parkl with one gas station in town. Lafayette has every restaurant, department stores, parks, schools, etc... I actually think Axl might secretly wish he now had the simple life he grew up in.

You're talking about early-mid 70s, someone should look through the microfiche or local papers and see if anything pops up. I'm sure someone's already researched and scoured everything, but you never know.