STP to perform "Core" in it's entirety?

Powerage5

According to Blabbermouth.net, Stone Temple Pilots have a number of plans in the works for 2012, but apparently a new studio album is not one of them. Guitarist Dean DeLeo told New Jersey radio station WRAT on March 21 that contrary to earlier reports, the quartet are not recording their seventh studio effort. When asked if the band would work on a new disc anytime soon, DeLeo answered, "Possibly, we're just kind of enjoying home life right now and raising our kids and enjoying the loves of our lives."

Word of a new STP album first surfaced as early as the fall of 2010, just months after the band released its self-titled sixth effort.

That 2010 album came nine years after STP's last record, "Shangri-La-Dee-Da", and followed the band's 2008 reunion after a seven-year hiatus.

One thing that's much more likely to happen in 2012 is a celebration of the 20th anniversary of STP's debut album, "Core". While a reissue featuring unreleased and live material could happen, DeLeo hinted that a tour was more likely, saying, "Scott [Weiland, singer] and I were just talking a couple of weeks ago, and we'd really love to go out there and perform ['Core'] in its entirety."

"Core" remains a classic album nearly two decades after its release, and DeLeo told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that he considers the band's music in general to be timeless. "We never want to date our material," he said. "When I say 'date', you can almost listen to some stuff and just say, 'Well, that was the drum sound that everybody was using in '95. I think our records are kind of just - the material is kind of timeless, you know, where you can't really date it. I think you'll be able to listen to it 20 years from now and think, 'Wow, it's just timeless,' you know?"

No dates or even a confirmed tour have been announced yet, but the tour section of the STP web site reads, "Stay tuned for 2012 tour dates."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/new_stone_temple_pilots_album_not_happening_anytime_soon.html

--------

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no matter what the masses seem to think, I think Core is an incredibly overrated album. However I'm still immensely excited about this, being able to see Where The River Goes and Piece Of Pie live, and to see Sin return to the setlist B)

I think they reached their creative peek with tiny music. That album is fucking perfect.

:thumbsup:

Adhesive and And So I Know are worth it alone. I love the jazz influence that's all over that album, it really meshed well with them.

I definitely think Shangri-La is close, if not tied with Tiny Music, though. It doesn't get enough love from STP fans.

I think they reached their creative peek with tiny music. That album is fucking perfect.

Adhesive and And So I Know are worth it alone. I love the jazz influence that's all over that album, it really meshed well with them.

I definitely think Shangri-La is close, if not tied with Tiny Music, though. It doesn't get enough love from STP fans.

SLDD is my second favorite, after Purple.

For that first paragraph alone, I will make sweet love to you by the fireplace.

SLDD is my second favorite, after Purple.

Same

The last album blew sounded nothing like Shirley Temples Pussay.

That's an incredibly stupid comment to make. STP's sound has constantly been changing since Core, so to say an album "doesn't sound like them" is pretty ignorant. Do you think people thought Tiny Music sounded like STP when that came out?

• 2 weeks later...