Dizzy Reed Interview

Haters Gonna Hate

What do you think about it

http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertainment/article/1139887--guns-n-roses-welcome-back-to-the-jungle

Guns N' Roses are known for their inter-band civil wars as much as the classic music they made together. They have counted as many as 21 people as official players throughout the 27-year history of the band name, but many rock fans are penning open letters across the Web for a reunion of the band whose members were once so well known as individuals that they had their own mass-produced pinball machine.

Gn'R members are also well known for their cynical approach to press -- so in February when Metro caught up with keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who joined the band in the early '90s, shortly before the "Use Your Illusion" albums, he played it predictably close to the vest when asked about the upcoming proceedings.

So what do you know about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Um, it's in Cleveland.

Do you know what's going to happen with the Gn'R induction into the Hall? There are rumors there will be a reunion of the original lineup.

I haven't gotten any details. I spoke with the people of that institution. They gave me a call and told me to mark it on the calendar, to be there. As far as the details of what's going to happen, I haven't received any sort of itinerary or schedule. It's something I'm just trying not to think about until it gets closer. It's not that I don't appreciate it. It's a great thing, and it's great for all the people who supported the band over the years.

I understand that you're still friends with everybody who has been in the band through the years, is that right?

Friendly, I'd say. I haven't talked to a couple of the guys at all since they left. But Duff [McKagan, original bassist] got up and jammed with us in Seattle and Vancouver last year. His band, Loaded, opened up for us, which was fantastic. Izzy [stradlin, an original guitarist] came and did a few shows with us and sat in, in 2010, which was cool.

Weren't you and Izzy kind of like ships passing in the night?

No, we played together. When I actually joined the band, it was still the original five guys. With Steven [Adler, original drummer], we recorded "Civil War," and then I didn't see him again, and then we had a new drummer. But Izzy toured with us right up to when the "Use Your Illusion" albums came out.

I just remember the video that featured a sign that said, "Where's Izzy?"

Oh yeah. That was on my jacket.

And you've been immortalized, by making it onto the Guns N' Roses pinball machine as well ...

Yes I did. I'm on the pinball machine, and I can't remember what it was that triggers it, but you can get the "Dizzy ball," and it starts going crazy and you can score a whole bunch of points. I think it was patterned after me after too many vodkas or something.

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate

What do you think about it

http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertainment/article/1139887--guns-n-roses-welcome-back-to-the-jungle

Guns N' Roses are known for their inter-band civil wars as much as the classic music they made together. They have counted as many as 21 people as official players throughout the 27-year history of the band name, but many rock fans are penning open letters across the Web for a reunion of the band whose members were once so well known as individuals that they had their own mass-produced pinball machine.

Gn'R members are also well known for their cynical approach to press -- so in February when Metro caught up with keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who joined the band in the early '90s, shortly before the "Use Your Illusion" albums, he played it predictably close to the vest when asked about the upcoming proceedings.

So what do you know about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Um, it's in Cleveland.

Do you know what's going to happen with the Gn'R induction into the Hall? There are rumors there will be a reunion of the original lineup.

I haven't gotten any details. I spoke with the people of that institution. They gave me a call and told me to mark it on the calendar, to be there. As far as the details of what's going to happen, I haven't received any sort of itinerary or schedule. It's something I'm just trying not to think about until it gets closer. It's not that I don't appreciate it. It's a great thing, and it's great for all the people who supported the band over the years.

Bullshit. He's either being cryptic (sp?) or lying. I love how noone in the current "band" knows anything. JFC, does Axl let you say anything without his official approval? Why can't he or Ashba or anyone just say "hey, I talked to Axl (since he won't talk) and he said he'll be there and"....or "he's not going"...or "ask Axl"? And I'm not even 100% sure Duff/Slash et al are telling truth. So basically noone (past/current/future) members know anything? Bullshit!

Edited by Snowmass

Bullshit. He's either being cryptic (sp?) or lying. I love how noone in the current "band" knows anything. JFC, does Axl let you say anything without his official approval? Why can't he or Ashba or anyone just say "hey, I talked to Axl (since he won't talk) and he said he'll be there and"....or "he's not going"...or "ask Axl"? And I'm not even 100% sure Duff/Slash et al are telling truth. So basically noone (past/current/future) members know anything? Bullshit!

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps Axl just hasn't said anything about it to them, and is, as per usual, off the radar? No of course that didn't occur to you. Surely it must just be mean ol' Axl issuing a gag order. :eyeroll:

Although on another note, I'm glad Axl's behavior is causing a short-circuit somewhere in your cerebrum.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre