Are you ok with keyboard in GN'R?

Vincent Vega

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems Axl is really into evolving the sound. Slash was replaced by a guitarist who is willing to play what Axl wants, he adds a second keyboardist who also does Silkworms stuff, he adds a virtuoso guitarist to further dimension the guitar sound.

The keyboard/piano is barely needed in any songs. November Rain and Estranged is the only ones I can think of where it would sound worse without a piano. No, I'd rather be without it.

Street of Dreams, Civil War and This I Love

The introduction of keyboards in a hard rock or metal band are usually the sign of progression and departure from earlier sound. Pioneered by Black Sabbath.

yeah sabbath did it all right until they got to TE and NSD it was horrible and overkill

as for gnr keyboardists i think pitman mops the floor with dizzy B)

The introduction of keyboards in a hard rock or metal band are usually the sign of progression and departure from earlier sound. Pioneered by Black Sabbath.

Correct.

Very,very true.... I love the keys in gnr, playing the synth myself... Chris is very talented and very under used. I've been a fan of Reed, since i got into GNR back in the late 90's.. I dont get why people hate on him. Axl wanted him in gnr since the AFD days, that says alot. I say more Chris n Dizzy at shows imo..

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The keyboard/piano is barely needed in any songs. November Rain and Estranged is the only ones I can think of where it would sound worse without a piano. No, I'd rather be without it.

Street of Dreams, Civil War and This I Love

Piano is obviously needed in The Blues and This I Love, but I disagree with Civil War. I think it sounds a lot better without it live. It would sounds better without it on the album as well, in my opinion. That same can be said about almost all Illusion's songs that have got piano and keyboards in them.