Who is more talented Axl Rose or Izzy Stradlin?

Tabitha27

Who is more talented?  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardcore GNR fans are the only ones who'd rank Izzy higher... there's a reason Axl has been named one of the world's best singers or frontmen in countless of surveys, lists, awards, etc, while Izzy is not nearly as highly regarded.

It's a stupid comparison anyway, but be honest here... Axl is more talented. There's a million guitar players who can write good songs, but frontmen with the vocal, writing and performing skills of Axl?

One in a million, that's what you areeeee

Izzy. Always Izzy.

Axl Rose wouldn't even exist without Izzy.

Your attempt at humor pretty much proves the point.

Without Izzy, Axl would have still been in HIGH demand by many musicians/bands needing a lead singer.

Without Axl, Izzy probably is never really heard from. Or at best, he does what he is doing now. Putting out albums independently that sell maybe 100,000 copies at best.

Izzy. Always Izzy.

Without Izzy, Axl would have still been in HIGH demand by many musicians/bands needing a lead singer.

Without Axl, Izzy probably is never really heard from. Or at best, he does what he is doing now. Putting out albums independently that sell maybe 100,000 copies at best.

I agree and disagree with this. Axl is a hugely talented vocalist and Izzy is a mediocre guitarist, but I think what Izzygirl meant was, like, Izzy was the one who heard Axl use that high raspy voice and said, "Sing like that from now on." Without izzy, Axl would still be singing just normally.

Izzy. Always Izzy.

I agree and disagree with this. Axl is a hugely talented vocalist and Izzy is a mediocre guitarist, but I think what Izzygirl meant was, like, Izzy was the one who heard Axl use that high raspy voice and said, "Sing like that from now on." Without izzy, Axl would still be singing just normally.

Axl vs. Izzy, the debate;

Better songwriter: Izzy

Better singer: Axl

Better guitarist: Izzy

Not a douchebag: Izzy

Better crowd appeal: Axl

Izzy wins 3/5.

/thread.

Apples vrs oranges

Izzy is your everyday rocker like say keith richards

Axl is one like say elton

Izzy has some fine songs in him. Yet i preffer the epicness of Axl. They did some great stuff together yet as a whole i like axls stuff better

Apples vrs oranges

Exactly. They are both extremely talented but in different way I guess? Izzy comes up with good basic songs that one can hum along to and that's very important as far as song writing in concerned. But, I like the epic-ness and ambitious nature of Axl's songwriting too (composition wise). They both write good lyrics (but I prefer Axl in that department).

...That's pretty much all you can compare them on imo. Vocally Axl is indeed better. They both play very different musical instruments (how can you compare guitars to pianos?). IMO they are just very different musicians (or atleast have a very different approach to music) and it's just not a fair comparison. :shrugs:

I LOL when people say that Axl is "the world's best singer." Let's face it - Axl is a pretty terrible singer. You can listen to live recordings from any year, and he sounds terrible every time. I've known this since about 1992. The only time Axl sounds good is on studio recordings. Axl is NOT "the world's best singer."

that said, he has written a few really good songs, and a lot of mediocre songs in his career. Axl and Izzy together were the writing team that made GNR what is was, but I don't think you can really compare the talents of the two. it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I don't agree at all, Axl is a very good singer, he has lots of range. Maybe some don't like his voice, has to be your taste, but he can do a lot with his voice. Or at least he could. But still, my friend who is a singer herself and joined me to the concert, was very impressed, considering his age and past lifestyle.

I don't agree at all, Axl is a very good singer, he has lots of range. Maybe some don't like his voice, has to be your taste, but he can do a lot with his voice. Or at least he could. But still, my friend who is a singer herself and joined me to the concert, was very impressed, considering his age and past lifestyle.

in the studio, sure, but he sounds completely different live. range? no way! he sings everything live in a falsetto, which is why he sounds like mickey mouse. he is not "the world's best singer." there are way better singers, Axl is a songwriter and a "rock star" frontman.